Chiron in our charts speaks to the bridge between our personal and transpersonal spheres of life. A few notes for when Chiron is in Taurus or Chiron is in the 2nd house natally:
- For Chiron in Taurus people, receiving pleasure is really a spiritual process. This can mean going deeper into states of pleasure (like tantra or specific practices that facilitate enhanced sensuality) but also finding the ability to allow it at all, to be receptive to feeling sensual. At some point in life, this may be a struggle or block for Chiron in Taurus people. It comes down to self-worth, as well as the philosophies a person is living by that might limit how much pleasure one feels they ought to experience or not. By going deeper into pleasure states, Chiron in Taurus isn’t just receiving the inherent therapeutic value of that, but they are also shedding relevant wounding.
- Because this position denotes that sensuality marks the bridge between the personal/interpersonal and transpersonal realms, Chiron in Taurus people can induce more spiritually aware, or spiritually alive lives, through the Earth plane. The soaps, the chocolates, the essential oils, the fabrics… are so magical. The worry that one is too materialistic just gets in the way – Spirit is in everything; and for Chiron in Taurus people, the spirit of the material world is especially compelling.
- Sensitivity, being deeply receptive – allows for the experience of being satiated and having enough. Needing more or having a constant hunger for something can speak to not having fully let the desired nourishment in. But also interesting to think about, is that the dosage of certain medicines is complete when one stops craving it.
- Chiron in Taurus people make some of the most manna-rich food (magic, glowing, aura-sparkling food that is rich and satisfying) and also seem to make for pretty mystical chocolatiers, wine and spirit makers, and the like. They can know how to infuse material or tangible items with magic.
- This can be a position in which simply having a body is strange, on a philosophical or experiential level like wtf is this meat-suit? Chiron in Taurus benefits from cultivating a life in which the body is habitually celebrated; in which food, clothing, and all the earthly dimensions of life are exciting – so that it is as though one is living in a garden of their own enchanted and resonant cultivation. Chiron in Taurus people may be particularly aware that the body is temporary, but making an intentional home of the body in the meantime opens up a tenderness that enhances one’s experience of life and intimate life.
- Shifts of value systems, acted out on the Earth plane, especially open up new spiritual dimensions – like switching from a value system one inherited or was surrounded by, to a life of conscious cultivation and intrinsic enjoyment.
- Money and resources are part of this – abundance is interconnected and something that one can even be initiated into. Chiron in Taurus people may want to connect with totems that are related to abundance such as bee or buffalo.
- Other images and concepts that come to mind: earth magic, communicating and relating with plants, permaculture, spiritual agriculture, composting, crystals, herbalism, furs, aphrodisiacs.
I wonder if the recent expansion in artisan chocolatiering in the world was largely spearheaded by Chiron in Taurus individuals. Our most recent generation of Chiron in Taurus individuals are past their 1st Saturn return and many have added their work into the world.