This week begins with Jupiter stationing retrograde in Scorpio. Venus and Mercury, still close to one another and now in Aries this week, square Saturn in Capricorn. Mars in Sagittarius trines Uranus in Aries, and the Sun in Pisces forms harmonious aspects to Jupiter in Scorpio and Pluto in Capricorn. Just as we may be feeling renewed, refocused optimism around change and inner-transformation with Jupiter in Scorpio and an urgency to experience greater freedom with Mars trine Uranus, we also experience mental friction around what our limitations and boundaries are. Where there’s friction, something has to give! Read about each of these transits in more detail below!
(Image: Max Ernst)
Jupiter stations retrograde in 23 Scorpio: 9:45 PM PDT
(Image: Núria Tamarit)
Jupiter will station direct July 10, 2018 in 13 degrees of Scorpio.
- As we move closer to the archetypal Sun — that which gives us light and helps us grow, we also illuminate our shadow and our interior stagnancies. If we are expanding positively, we become more equipped to deal with parts of ourselves that rush toward that new light. If you are moving toward your desire and turn-ons in life, if you’re feeling good — chances are you are also tuning into some healing wisdom around what kept you back before. Likewise, if you’re not tuning into your turn-ons in life, what is keeping you from doing so? Is it anything you can let go?
- As we expand, we become more knowledgable of psychic structures which have held us back before, such as our old fears, our old traumas, our old conditioning. As the seed of our authentic self bursts through the shell layer of the conditioned self, we become aware of the nature of the shell. What exoskeletons have you begun to shed or would like to shed, as they are now too small to house you? How do you negotiate the new identity and your new truth that emerges? What is the death process for the old aspects of you? We might benefit from some ceremony/observation of what is passing through us so that we can better move on.
- Jupiter has also been hovering around a sextile with Pluto in Capricorn. There is some synergy here around gains and losses, the connection between death and rebirth, or destruction and emergence. Great blessings emerge from recycling and moving Qi. It can mean finding our rhythm, or letting go of stale patterns, stale identities, and even stale addictions which are taking up life force that could be used more creatively. Wealth might not just be about adding on more, but can also be on letting go of things that are in the way of attracting abundance – like what’s clogging your Qi.
- As Jupiter comes to a standstill and then reverses direction from our perspective on Earth, Jupiterian themes in our lives magnify, particularly as well through the lens of Scorpio. With the Moon in Sagittarius conjunct Vesta, temple goddess of devotion, we may access some clarity around what we are truly devoted to and what we are willing to give up or do in order to truly serve our devotion.
- Consider this Deida quote, gendered as you prefer it: “Know Your Real Edge and Don’t Fake It: It is honorable for a man to admit his fears, resistances, and edge of practice. It is simply true that each man has his limit, his capacity for growth, and his destiny. But it is dishonorable for him to lie to himself or others about his real place. He shouldn’t pretend he is more enlightened than he is – nor should he stop short of his actual edge. The more a man is playing his real edge, there more valuable he is as good company for other men, the more he can be trusted to be authentic and fully present. Where a man’s edge is located is less important than whether he is actually living his edge in truth, rather than being lazy or deluded.”
Mercury in 8 Aries square Saturn in 8 Capricorn: 12:00 AM PDT
(Image: Kiki’s Delivery Service)
- The experience of mental/verbal gridlock – having forceful ideas but considering if we should hold our tongue, or more forceful communication after holding back too long.
- Watch for a general sense of futility at the start of something. Instead of getting stuck here, think about what the emergent goal needs from those obstacles. If we face obstacles at the start of a new project, what if those obstacles are actually resistance training to help us win… and not just obstacles after all?
- The alchemy between maturity/discipline and freshness/youth. At some levels this can manifest as power struggle, but dynamically integrated, both energies need the other.
- As these forces co-emerge in tense relationship to one another, it can be the cementing, strengthening, and maturing of fresh, fiery new impulses. If we do have a new spark in our consciousness of inspiration or passion, we might simultaneously access inner and outer forces which believe these things are not possible or are quick to see their weaknesses.
- Freedom that occurs because foundations are right for it – being able to fly because one also has their bases covered.
- Thinking oneself out of stale/stuck situations with novel ideas.
- Refining raw energy/raw life force with discipline.
Mars in 26 Sagittarius trine Uranus in 26 Aries: 4:22 AM PDT
- This influence of our week turns up the fire, and by nature of the harmonious trine it may be an increase in energy that is easier for us to handle/integrate. Still, Mars-Uranus contacts can be forcefully electrifying! This transit can correspond to increased enthusiasm, increased irritation/aggression, and an emergence of surprise.
- An awesome liberating clarity that emerges when we stop indulging arbitrary or historic limitation and instead see the openness that reality is actually providing.
- Staying authentically connected to one’s edge (like we talked about in Jupiter in Scorpio) but still pushing it is better than pretending there is no edge, and then getting hurt because there was nothing to back up that confidence.
Sun in 20 Pisces sextile Pluto in 20 Capricorn: 4:56 AM PDT
(Image: Wojtek Siudmak)
- Here meet the forces of the imaginal self (Sun in Pisces) and destruction/rebirth of deep psychic structure (Pluto in Capricorn). We can see here several possibilities: the emergence of delusional identity traits which disempower us (but why bother!), or partial dissolution of self, a partial ego-death, in regards to a limited identity or a self-delusion that holds us back – empowerment via shedding part of the self.
- The creative power of self-making, self-dreaming, self-envisioning. Not just creative power, but primordial creative power – vibrating with Creation itself when we are creative.
- Check self-illusions which are HEAVY, like, “it’s my destiny to endure ____________”. Sometimes we do take on major burdens which become part of our mastery. But other times, it’s an outdated script. Are there other ways to imagine your participation with reality that speed up the vibration of your cells and elate you? What kind of heaviness/robustness do you need as resistance training to build skill and authority, and what is extra weight you could just let go?
Venus in 8 Aries square Saturn in 8 Capricorn: 5:39 AM PDT
(Venus and Mercury are conjunct in Aries throughout the week, and they form this square to Saturn together).
- The rewarding nature of challenging conversations, tensions/breaks in communication, the potential need to set aside time and space to have important conversation or to move unsettled/unresolved energy, love that occurs through and because of obstacle (building trust, building foundation).
- The possibility that at a higher level we really are in loving relationship to our own hardships however they present in our life – in that they are the forms of resistance which forge and strengthen the aspect of us that is emerging. We might tune into the values we are discovering about ourselves or the values we align with by recognizing what we are willing to fight for.
- However, the ‘fight’ in us may become less oppositional and more noble/internalized as a strength in us that is wanting to come out.
Sun in 23 Pisces trine Jupiter in 23 Scorpio: 1:05 PM PDT
- Negatively, this can relate to an increase in despair and angst as we are merged with themes, activities, perspectives, etc. which are self-undoing, self-sabotaging, or futile in nature. An illusion to watch out for is the sense that reality IS suffering when there are other choices available but we have become unknowingly addicted, attached, or entrenched to a negative fixation and the feedback loop that creates of circumstances in our reality.
(Image: Diego Rivera)
- Alternately, this is the ability to magnify certain dreams and fantasies and to merge with them such that they become more and more real.
- The propensity for more and more blessings to appear in our lives as we take the time to really feel what we are grateful for – we magnify the stream of gratitude and become funnels for the Universe to give us more of the same. (Negatively, the Universe can give us more unhappiness if that is where we focus, and we can get lost in the triggers of unhappiness and never realize our own agency in magnetically attracting things into our lives…. so…. Use your focus magically! When in a tough spot, remember gratitude.)
- The focus on gratitude and the increase of happiness is not meant to escape or ignore what is dysfunctional in our lives, but it just gives us a higher perspective from which to address our lives. Sometimes this bigger picture view is what gives way for resolution to unfold, rather than simply staying mired in the problem at hand.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! Please share with friends, and I’d love to know what you think in the comments! Read below what my offerings are at this time. I’m really excited to teach Evolutionary Astrology again (the last course just ended) in May!
Personalized forecast reading: Want to know how the transits specifically affect you? This reading is focused on how the current transits of now to six months out are personally impacting your natal chart. We’ll look at longer-acting outer planetary transits as well as significant transit events that exact their alignment in this six month window.
Natal Chart Reading: I offer an analysis of the placement of Pluto, the lunar nodes, and the planetary rulers of Pluto and the lunar nodes, to tune into a Soul-level interpretation of the natal chart. Because the Pluto and lunar node signatures make up what is like the base tone or root of the natal chart, we can access some insights on the deeper “why” questions of one’s life. In addition to providing a Soul-oriented portrait of the natal chart’s major themes, I synthesize any questions you may have with your natal chart’s wisdom.
Soulwork Sessions: Astrological consultations geared to answer your most pressing/difficult questions. Soulwork is a means through which I can provide guidance to anyone working with a challenging situation, paradox, yearning or existential question – something unresolved in your experience that you want to transform or have breakthrough with.
Five-month Evolutionary Astrology Immersion Course beginning May 6: Make astrology a part of your daily life by learning how to read natal charts… from there, the chart is a map that keeps revealing new insights to you inexhaustibly, year after year. In addition to this sixty hour online course, students will have access to personal support.
Sabrina Monarch is a soul-centered Evolutionary Astrologer who publishes weekly astrological forecasts and teaches. She has been collecting astrological experience for over a decade. She is a novelist and is currently pursuing her masters in Philosophy. She also enjoys kundalini yoga, mantra meditation and ashtanga yoga.