Mercury stations retrograde this week in the sign of Scorpio, bringing us to reflect and dig deeper into the streams of information which are furthering our collective survival. Furthering our collective survival – what do I mean by this? Well, take this example of learning how to heal our trauma or teaching people how to process their intense emotions. This would help people transform their inner world and therefore participate with reality in a different way. We only perpetuate our trauma and wounding into culture because we haven’t become conscious of it and healed it. We don’t even have to be perfect – we are in process, and every step of this process contains gems.
We live in an inextricably interconnected world. The wisdom teachings of Scorpio remind us that as we change from within, the externals in our life will alchemically reflect that change, not to mention we will gain new capacity to empower and inspire others. This does not mean we don’t have needs, or that we can’t feel need for intimacy or love from others, or need an external life that reflects our values. What this does mean, though, is that there are often opportunities to take greater accountability for our energetic involvement in the situations we find ourselves in. And therein lies the capacity to change our own frequency and magnetism and alter the external situation. Discovering our responsibility within the situation is usually a breakthrough of consciousness. Our unconscious patterns become accessible to our conscious mind and understanding, and we learn how to make changes. Sometimes we get this insight through witnessing life – and the insight just percolates. Other times we get this insight from other people, books, or teachings, and those are the kinds of interactions and information streams that may be extra life-enhancing this Mercury retrograde season.
When we balance tending between internal breakthrough and aligned external involvement and action, we create change that heals the planet and well, furthers our survival. It is that profound, to heal the self and to be in service.
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the vibe may feel like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox, sign up for my mailing list here. You’ll also receive a new subscriber-only article about the current Saturn-Pluto conjunction, and be the first to know when my online astrology courses are open for enrollment.
Here’s our week, after a few announcements!
MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA NOVEMBER 15-16: Pillars of Creative Mastery: The Grand Fixed Cross of Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius – a lecture and workshop coming to Minnesota Stars Astrology Community!
In the natural zodiac, all the fixed signs correlate with creative mastery – whether a specific project we want to bring to fruition or our entire life we want to throw into blossom. The wisdom teachings of these signs extend past personality and are experiential forces accessible to anyone (regardless of the presence of fixed signs in one’s natal chart).
The forces associated with the fixed signs can be intentionally cultivated for enhancing themes in our life such as: abundance, wealth, intimacy, healing trauma, self-worth, healing addiction, building community, empowerment, joy and playfulness, confidence, genius, real transformation, re-programming the subconscious, and manifestation – to name a few!
In this lecture and workshop we will learn how these signs and their related themes work off of and amplify one another, and how you can use this knowledge to break up stagnant patterns, meet your own excellence and genius, and build a more authentic life and social network. Think astrology lesson and coaching masterclass in one: this information will change your life and support you on the path of realizing your inherent creative gifts.
Learn more about this event and register at http://mnstars.org/calendar/
LATEST ON THE MAGIC OF THE SPHERES PODCAST
I had a conversation with Ari Moshe about harmonizing with our life path and the unfolding of time, how we relate with Source, and how to court life and ask for what we need and desire from life (as opposed to approaching life with a sense of control, or gripping). There was a theme in our conversation about humility and how we’re showing up for life when there’s a lot of information we simply don’t know – and how this can translate to holding curiosity and being in relationship with the mystery as it is unfolding.
Ari has a prayerful relationship with life that comes across as deep medicine in his words and sharing. Ari is a gifted astrologer, musician, teacher and counselor. I felt so much peace recording with him and hope you enjoy our conversation! You can listen on your web browser here, or tune in where you listen to podcasts.
October 30, 2019
Mercury in 27 Scorpio conjunct Venus in 27 Scorpio: 3:05 PM PDT
(Image: Miranda Meeks)
“Eros is the enfleshing, the making flesh, of the longing for an extraordinary life. And what that means is the spiritual nudity to come out of your protective place and to expose the mutuality of need and long and desire that characterize the truth of existence.” – Zhen Dao
(& thanks to embodiment facilitator Karla Palomino for putting me in contact with that quote this last week!)
The pair of planets are also conjunct asteroid goddess Pallas Athena (the warrior, philosopher, and strategist) at the time of this conjunction.
- What speaks of communicative intimacy more than these planets conjunct in the sign of Scorpio? When information is shared, deeper bonds may be formed. At the same time, information can have the capacity to be destructive – words can be spoken that break bonds. Letting other people know where we stand, or other people letting us know where they stand, is a way of making informed choice in relationship. Within Scorpio there is that urge to get to the bottom of things, as well, with little taste for pretense.
- If we are thinking in extremes or in black-and-white, there may be some opening here to meet more complex perspectives (through the mirror of the other perhaps, but not necessarily).
- There is an aesthetic and transformative beauty of sharp language that is highlighted here – when hidden or murky aspects of our reality are named, there is a transformation that occurs. When we ourselves speak passionately/insightfully or we encounter others who have a grasp upon something that pierces through layers of confusion and/or deception, we may feel a specific (and sharp) form of grace.
- We can come into contact with new ideas or realizations that help us approach our edges in relatedness – such as sharing things about ourselves we have always kept secret, trusting others or being more vulnerable at new depths, discovering skills that help us lean into our most intense needs and longings rather than repressing them.
Mercury stations retrograde in 27 Scorpio: 8:41 AM PDT
(Image: Miranda Meeks)
Mercury will station direct on November 20 in 11 degrees of Scorpio.
- When Mercury (or any planet) retrogrades, certain degrees of the zodiac are touched 3 times. Mercury is not moving backwards objectively, but is from the perspective of Earth. Instead of Mercury continuing to pass through Scorpio and moving into Sagittarius, we will see Mercury slow down and appear to travel backwards through the zodiac in the degrees of Scorpio it has just recently touched. Then when Mercury stations direct, Mercury will pass over these same degrees of Scorpio once more for the third time. As you may know, three is magic number repetitively highlighted in myth and folklore – three options, three tests, three doors, etc. When the messenger planet, Mercury, highlights points of the zodiac three times, one of the most common occurrences of this is that we experience synchronicity – we get the same message (delivered in slightly different forms, sometimes) multiple times, almost like the original message is carrying an echo. This is one of the spiritual components of Mercury retrograde to tune into – what message is singing itself into our life so vividly that it repeats itself? Why is it that circumstances have aligned to hover over the message? This is the Mercury retrograde curriculum playing out through your direct experience – notice your synchronicities.
- For Mercury in Scorpio we may consider the streams of information that are connected to the survival of our species (or the survival of our ecology, which is connected to our survival). This is not just about creating shelter our building fire. The survival of our species is also about how we adapt to complex situations we have not faced before. The survival of our species is connected to how we overcome our personal problems, as well. Think of a person who has a very special gift to contribute to the world (as well all do), but who is beset by debilitating depression and anxiety. Other beings who are sharing teachings about healing depression and anxiety may help this person with the gift discover their capacity to be in their power, and therefore contribute their gift to the world around them. When we connect to information that furthers survival, by sharing or receiving it, we are participating in something much larger than the exchange of media or ideas. We are participating in nature itself.
- Likewise, we may want to become more aware of where we are participating with information that isn’t actually nourishing. Like food, we must digest our information. We can become more active participants in this process by noticing the kinds of thoughts that come through our mind, and discerning what kind of emotional vibration they are carrying and if it is worthwhile to continue investing energy into those vibrational connections.
- We do not have to pretend our fear or anxiety doesn’t exist – refocusing the mind on positivity is amazingly helpful but not the end-all-be-all. If you’ve ever had a dream of monsters chasing you, was it not facing the monster that brought resolution to the dream? What would happen if we faced our fears and anxieties by asking them “why are you here?” (I’m adapting this advice from Shaman Durek and his podcast Ancient Wisdom Today, where he often talks about ways to address the shadow and ways to claim our power. He is a Sun Scorpio with multiple planets in Scorpio and his podcast is one of my favorites, and his ideas are quite activating!)
November 1, 2019
Venus moves into Sagittarius: 1:25 PM PDT
Venus will stay in Sagittarius until November 25.
- This movement of Venus out of Scorpio and into Sagittarius brings a burst of levity into our Scorpio Season (with the Sun and Mercury still in Scorpio.) We have just gone through a Venusian death-rebirth, where some of our values and relationships transformed. Intimacy deepened, and some connections may have come to an end. With Venus in Sagittarius, we begin to expand our vision of relatedness. There are new places we want to travel (literally or figuratively) and new experiences we dream of having. A burst in enthusiasm and desire for greener pastures can even prevent us from a tendency to ruminate or fixate on our personal dramas or hangups.
- In our relationships, we may bond over adventure and doing new things together, exploring new places. If you will consider also, the Mercury retrograde – and an image of cells duplicating – we go out for one adventure, and a bunch of other moments duplicate or emerge from the original experience. How we discover relatedness in this spontaneity and novelty can build our connections.
- In our relationship with our self, we may seek or observe the feeling we have of inner-expansiveness, a sense of liking ourselves, and what kinds of situations we are putting ourselves into to support this feeling. What makes you feel fiery, alive, animated, and full of optimism? Whether it’s external and “out there” or a deep journey inward into studies and books… what’s stoking the flames?
November 5, 2019
Mars in 20 Libra square Pluto in 20 Capricorn: 3:28 AM PDT
“We believe in warriors but we don’t believe war.” – Rising Appalachia
- We may be up for some breakthroughs around actively creating peace or bringing balance into our lives and the world in a new way that we have yet to imagine before. It may be through fully exhausting another option (whether literally or troubleshooting it in the mind) that ultimately begins to feel too intensely effortful or complex that a more elegant plan distills itself within us. While we are in the phase of exhausting the old options, we may feel a sense of oppression or like there’s nowhere to move that allows us the kind of grace and integrity we are desiring. Consider this the block before the breakthrough. Let yourself wrestle with it. The solution or vision to come is transcendent in comparison and in that, there is liberation.
- Peacemaking can also look like asking for help or support. Collaborative efforts!
- Mars-Pluto can also be very physical or athletic, there may be a desire to feel power in our bodies.
- In our connections and interactions with others, there is room for breakthrough in negotiating or re-negotiating our agreements. Feeling or agreeing that we are on the “same team” may open up room for collaborative creativity and problem-solving, past the layer of battles of will or power.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! I really appreciate you being here with me as I know that if you connect to this writing we have likemindedness and that is so special. Please share this article with a friend who you think would resonate!
Please let me know what you think in the comments – truly I want to know so leave a note! I love you and you are soul family to me, thank you for finding your way to these words and resonating with them in whatever ways you have.
If you would like more personalized guidance, I would love to read your natal chart and transits for you! If you would like me to explore the themes in your chart, book a reading with me here.
I meditate on charts before the reading and combine my knowledge of astrology with my clairvoyant abilities to offer you some insights about themes you are working with in this life based on prior lives, and what is the evolutionary purpose of this lifetime. I recorded an episode on my podcast recently titled Befriending your Intuition and Clairvoyance if you’d like to learn more about my relationship with clairvoyance along with tips for increasing yours!
I can work with your specific questions and shed light on ongoing issues or patterns you would like to shift, as well! Book with me here.
I’m also becoming increasingly expressive on instagram, so go find me there @sabrinamonarch and say hello! I’m posting a lot of content there that I don’t share anywhere else and I love interacting with you there,
Sabrina Monarch is a soul-centered Evolutionary Astrologer who publishes weekly astrological forecasts, works with clients and teaches. She has been collecting astrological experience for over a decade. She is a novelist and is currently pursuing her masters in Philosophy, Cosmology and Consciousness.