Scorpio Season begins!
Scorpio is an edge-walker.
Scorpio turns pain into insight and healing.
Scorpio is more or less bent on moving past limitations.
One of the most disempowering things we could do when this energy is up in our lives is to identify with our pain stories and feel victimized by our lives – as valid or as demoralizing as some of that baggage may be, it’s so much harder to get in touch with our personal power and inner resources from that space.
When we work with this Scorpio energy of transformation, we start to notice our triggers and pain and limitations as opportunities for healing and paradigm shift.
We start to get legitimately curious about our lives and our stories. We start to open up to the idea of change – that even though we’ve “never” __(gotten this specific thing we desire)__ or “always” __(lived with a particular trauma)__ it’s possible that life could be different, and that we’re capable of that shift.
From this openness, we begin to recognize the opportunities life is sharing with us to learn another way, and if we choose to accept, we say yes to that change. We give up parts of ourselves in the process, like a snake shedding its skin, and it’s scary or exhilarating depending on how we look at it.
I’m speaking from the west here, but it’s likely you’ve received this conditioning too, of rugged individualism. That it’s all on us to rise and achieve. That sure puts into shadow how deeply intertwined things are.
We’re part of a web of life that is inextricably connected. Energy exchange is always happening. Individualism is a limitation. Within Scorpio’s deep capacity for energetic merging, we might need to ask ourselves what we are giving and what we are receiving, and what we’re not giving and not receiving. Perhaps, therein lies the breakthrough – would thanking the water change my life? Would ceasing to feed an insatiable inner-critic change my life? You catch my drift… it’s a deep one to reflect on, what we are giving and receiving. And what we are not giving and not receiving. But it could change quite a lot.
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the vibe may feel like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox, sign up for my mailing list here. You’ll also receive a new subscriber-only article about the current Saturn-Pluto conjunction, and be the first to know when my online astrology courses are open for enrollment.
Before we get into this week’s transits, a few announcements!
BERKELEY, CALIFORNIA OCTOBER 25: Join me for an in-person New Moon in Scorpio teaching and sharing circle! R.S.V.P. by email to email@example.com. We will be exploring this lunation, the Scorpio archetype at a deeper level, and participants will be guided through a meditation to journey inward for the divination and visionary qualities accessible to us within. We will end with a sharing circle. I can’t wait to see and meet you!
MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA NOVEMBER 15-16: Pillars of Creative Mastery: The Grand Fixed Cross of Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius – a lecture and workshop coming to Minnesota Stars Astrology Community!
In the natural zodiac, all the fixed signs correlate with creative mastery – whether a specific project we want to bring to fruition or our entire life we want to throw into blossom. The wisdom teachings of these signs extend past personality and are experiential forces accessible to anyone (regardless of the presence of fixed signs in one’s natal chart).
The forces associated with the fixed signs can be intentionally cultivated for enhancing themes in our life such as: abundance, wealth, intimacy, healing trauma, self-worth, healing addiction, building community, empowerment, joy and playfulness, confidence, genius, real transformation, re-programming the subconscious, and manifestation – to name a few!
In this lecture and workshop we will learn how these signs and their related themes work off of and amplify one another, and how you can use this knowledge to break up stagnant patterns, meet your own excellence and genius, and build a more authentic life and social network. Think astrology lesson and coaching masterclass in one: this information will change your life and support you on the path of realizing your inherent creative gifts.
Learn more about this event and register at http://mnstars.org/calendar/
Here’s our week:
October 23, 2019
Sun enters Scorpio: 10:20 AM PDT
When awakener planet Uranus was in Aries (2011 – 2018) it was the cardinal signs and seasons that were dynamically electrified with Uranus. Now it’s the fixed signs – which includes Scorpio. Scorpio season begins with the Sun in opposition to Uranus in Taurus, which exacts at the end of the week. Here are some Scorpio Season themes with that in mind:
- In Scorpio process we can either be experiencing letting go (shedding) or alchemical union (a change in identity because we are merging with something else). Either way, the game is change.
- In Scorpio process we are also prone to feel the edges of our pain threshold *so that we can transform*. Patterns that haven’t been contributing to our wellbeing and that normally exist sleepily under the surface come up into the conscious experience. In this, we get primed to let go of our ego attachments that hold us back – the side of us that clings onto our own suffering just because it’s familiar. We just get tired of feeling a certain way, or we become more aware of what habits and attachments we can let go of in order to free up energy for something more life-enhancing. We can become magnetically drawn to resources, teachings, people or circumstances that we intuit will help us expand past our own limitations. We might dive deeply into researching something, for feel deep admiration/inspiration – or even jealousy. But jealousy is a powerful signal in of itself that there is something in ourselves we are not taking ownership of, that we perceive as someone else having. We are not meant to have exactly what someone else has – but there is an energetic quality that does translate to something we do actually have within us and want to cultivate in a more empowered way (qualities like confidence, for example).
- Scorpio process is also learning lessons around power – how to create mutually-enhancing exchanges instead of exchanges where draining, self-compromise, or power-over situations occur.
- If there are places you are feeling very raw, disempowered, intense – remember that things do come to a head to transform. Be a good friend to yourself as you navigate the changes and transformations. We’re all IN IT at some point!
- Scorpio also brings us in touch with our own power, and sense of that power – we may feel magnetic, capable, or deeply-resourced as we touch in with this inherent part of us.
October 25, 2019
Venus in 20 Scorpio sextile Pluto in 20 Capricorn: 2:52 AM PDT
- We may take note of special opportunities for deepening intimacy in our lives this week in situations where we may ordinarily overlook or shut-down. For example, this could be having a difficult or vulnerable conversation instead of sweeping the issue under the rug (for it to manifest later as resentment or the issue continuing to compound).
- Whatever challenges, triggers, or blocks we are facing in the realm of Venus (self-esteem, relationship with self, finances, and our relationships with others) can also lead to amazing discoveries. This can be supported by our willingness to level with, and be with, the trigger or challenge with an open-heart, and to invoke a strong presence within us who is willing to walk the path. There is likely a side of us going bananas when we’re triggered, but so too is there a side of us that is unconditionally calm, grandmother-tree-esque. Where we’re exploring our edges of transformation we may be feeling both of those facets of self – like this is intense AND we’ve got this.
October 27, 2019
Mars in 15 Libra square Saturn in 15 Capricorn: 7:31 AM PDT
- We may be feeling more aware of our personal excesses and taking some action (or pause) to come into greater harmony with ourselves and our environment. Personal excesses could take the form of carelessness or actions that are overly ego-driven, for example.
- Bringing greater balance into the situation can also be resisting the self-persecution or shame-spiral that comes up as an option when we recognize that we’ve made a mistake. Mistakes happen no matter how attentive or conscientious we are. In our relationships, this can also extend to being graceful and understanding toward others.
- This transit has a reconciliatory potential to it – helping us to both take responsibility, make peace, make amends, and create new agreements which reflect the needs and values involved.
New Moon in 4 Scorpio: 8:38 PM PDT
This New Moon is exactly opposite Uranus in Taurus.
- We’re becoming increasingly aware of a desire for change – whether we have something we a directly aspiring toward or we just want to be free of some specific pain/suffering. Perhaps the main difficulty involved is that we’re looking at territory we’ve never been to before, or territory we’ve never seen others inhabit before. Even if being in a healthy relationship or having an abundant relationship with money is a reasonable goal, it feels extreme to our ego consciousness if we feel we have never had those things. (I’m inspired by a recent conversation on the Magic of the Spheres podcast when I say this… the two-part episode called Love and Wealth with Lucia Anais Satyagraha. Find in in the archives here or where you listen to podcasts.)
- If we desire something we don’t yet have reference points for, it signifies we are on a transformational path. Work with your prayer space at the New Moon to ask for support on your path, and then take note this lunar month of when it appears that the Universe is answering your prayers. What sparks you? What stands out to you? What is helping you see new realities?
- In the meantime while we become receptive to paradigm shift, this is a perfect time to play with magnetism and pleasure. The more we can find ways to relax, enjoy, make ourselves happy, have fun, experience pleasure (not speaking here of numbing out, but pleasure) and importantly to befriend every present moment – the more we are actually opening up new realities, the more we are connecting with our divinity and the divinity of the reality around us.
- Typically this kind of presence is something we fall in and out of. Like meditation and returning to the breath, becoming intimate with the present moment is also an alignment and remembering. One way to become present in this way is to take the time to notice how air feels on your skin, how certain parts of your body feel, the sounds and smells around you. All of the sudden, just because of your attention, the sensory experience you are having just unfolded in texture and nuance. This bouquet is always available.
- If you’re really in a rut, consider the medicine of doing something new – walking along a new path in your neighborhood, accepting an invitation for an adventure, going on a solo date you wouldn’t normally, or whatever you can think of. There are habitual patterns and neural pathways we have, which we can change just like we change any habit. A shift in environment or doing something new is an amazing way to leave those ruts, contact new parts of ourselves, and get re-inspired.
October 28, 2019
Sun in 4 Scorpio opposite Uranus in 4 Taurus: 1:15 AM PDT
(Image: Stephanie Pui-Mun Law)
- As alluded to in other ways above, we can be on the verge of transformations that touch upon things in our self-concept or our life that feel pretty SET – like we’ve “always” or “never” acted or been a certain way. It’s not that we’re flirting with the idea of becoming someone we’re not – but we’re becoming more aware of a potential within us that is deeply authentic to us and yet is not someone we’ve been before. This can be fertile ground for anxiety and insecurity, or excitement and anticipation alike. See if you can find the fun and exhilaration in your transitions.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! I really appreciate you being here with me as I know that if you connect to this writing we have likemindedness and that is so special. Please share this article with a friend who you think would resonate!
Please let me know what you think in the comments – truly I want to know so leave a note! I love you and you are soul family to me, thank you for finding your way to these words and resonating with them in whatever ways you have.
If you would like more personalized guidance, I would love to read your natal chart and transits for you! If you would like me to explore the themes in your chart, book a reading with me here.
I meditate on charts before the reading and combine my knowledge of astrology with my clairvoyant abilities to offer you some insights about themes you are working with in this life based on prior lives, and what is the evolutionary purpose of this lifetime. I recorded an episode on my podcast recently titled Befriending your Intuition and Clairvoyance if you’d like to learn more about my relationship with clairvoyance along with tips for increasing yours!
I can work with your specific questions and shed light on ongoing issues or patterns you would like to shift, as well! Book with me here.
I’m also becoming increasingly expressive on instagram, so go find me there @sabrinamonarch and say hello! I’m posting a lot of content there that I don’t share anywhere else and I love interacting with you there,
Sabrina Monarch is a soul-centered Evolutionary Astrologer who publishes weekly astrological forecasts, works with clients and teaches. She has been collecting astrological experience for over a decade. She is a novelist and is currently pursuing her masters in Philosophy. She also enjoys kundalini yoga, meditation and ashtanga yoga.