It’s still Pisces Season, and very much a time of year that we can be navigating oceans of emotion. The mutable signs (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces) correlate with transitions, and as a mutable water sign, Pisces brings us transitions through the emotional body. While the promise of certainty and formulation of solid plans are up in the air and at times seemingly out of reach, and the pieces of our lives rearrange, we can be susceptible to anxiety or insecurity. This insecurity will actually point us to a deeper truth that whatever images or circumstances we have focused our desire and attention upon are likely not the ultimate source of peace, redemption, or home. That behind the particular dreamy or ideal circumstance we wish for in a given situation, there is a deeper longing at play that is completely universal among us all – the desire to return home, and home in a spiritual sense!
This doesn’t mean that the particular circumstances don’t matter – they do – but we may be encouraged to see beyond the circumstance or the image and to connect with the deeper realities behind them. If this gives the particular images and circumstances of our life a little bit of a translucent glow – it is also our perception and boundaried sense of self that has grown more porous and open, as well. Pisces Season brings us in touch with our own sensitivity and ability to blur and dissolve boundaries – thus opening us up more to subtle impressions or not-so-subtle visions.
If you’re uncomfortable with this watery, all-over, spin-cycle vibe, it will end as all transit energies do (look to the Spring Equinox for a shifting point). But for now, consider your capacity to come to a place of arrival by becoming deeply present with the moment at hand, dissolving any expectations or judgements you have for how you should feel. (Itself, easier said than done…) When you’ve settled more deeply into presence, see how your inspiration for participating with that moment shifts, and what subtle opportunities for communion open up to you, even in the most mundane of settings.
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the vibe may feel like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox, sign up for my mailing list here.
This week the Sun in Pisces aspects Jupiter and Pluto in Capricorn, and Mars in Capricorn harmonizes with Neptune in Pisces. At the end of the week, recently direct Mercury will re-enter the sign of Pisces. Here’s our week, after a few announcements.
🌟 Magic of the Spheres podcast is currently on hiatus until the springtime (new episodes coming soon!), but there are over 40 episodes about astrology, spirituality, personal development and other topics published! Tune in on your podcast app of choice.
Reading Special Until March 21: I’m offering mini-consults on the signature of planets squaring the nodes. Due to the somewhat technical distinction of the reading, this reading is ideal for astro-enthusiasts, students of astrology, professional astrologers, and anyone who is already familiar with their own chart and astrology basics, who is interested in receiving more perspective on this very dynamic and potentially transformative chart signature! Read more about this offering and book here.
Here’s our week!
March 11, 2020
Sun in 21 Pisces sextile Jupiter in 21 Capricorn: 5:27 AM PDT
(Image: Nick Alm)
At the time of this alignment, Jupiter is closely conjunct Pluto in Capricorn and the Sun is separating from a recent conjunction to Neptune in Pisces.
- Newer impressions and awarenesses may be opening to us (we are sensitive toward or newly cognizant of them) that have deep roots, i.e. seeing something we couldn’t recognize before and also understanding some of its history. This could be the reveal of a personal pattern in our lives that has been building for some time that we are only now just lucid about, or it could be a social issue that affects another demographic of people than us, that we are now more readily recognizing in the world and social field.
- In this, there is something of a breakthrough at hand, while the nature of the breakthrough might feel sobering upon first recognition. It may be especially important to practice forgiveness.
March 14, 2020
Mars in 18 Capricorn sextile Neptune in 18 Pisces: 3:32 AM PDT
- Capricorn and Pisces, as signs, have special work to do with each other. The visions sourced in Pisces can be made more concrete through Capricorn’s worldliness and capacity to create structure. Dreams get anchored into tangible reality. We may imagine and fantasize a particular circumstance we would like to achieve, and also imagine the steps that take us there – and then /do/ those things in physical reality. Capricorn may also lend an important discipline and steadfastness to the dreamer within Pisces, as sometimes the more distant or more impossible feeling a valued dream, the more we need grit to commit. Otherwise the dream stays wispy and in the realm of the imaginal, instead of brought down to earth and concrete form.
- Mars-Neptune contacts speak to inspired action – the possibility that when we act, we are catching a particular wave of energy and riding it. That we feel into the flow of reality and harmonize our wills accordingly. The alternative is acting out of the flow or out of resonance with the flow, in which case it feels like reality does not support us or we are expending so much effort and nothing seems to be happening. It is up to us to feel the subtle difference between when a vision or an idea feels charged and animated, versus when we are compulsive or asserting an agenda onto a situation that doesn’t actually flow with the nature of our present reality.
- By no means does this mean that we always need to follow the path of least resistance in order to be in flow. Sometimes our inspired ideas and projections DO connect with ‘hard work’, and we are speaking of Mars in Capricorn here. The question is more about if the work is inspired, or if it is being carried out as an act of obligation. We will actually have more energy for the work if we are connected to a vision that motivates us – and this may be a matter of introspection, meditation on the issue at hand, and mindset shifts.
- At a simple, on-the-ground level, this can be a time to assess if our way of navigating life and how we are showing up to life is in accordance with our dreams and/or higher spiritual values. Is there any place that we’ve shut down in a “this is just the way life is” fashion, and can we pivot to a more inspired approach?
- If you’ve ever played with your mind-body connection (thinking of a part of the body or a muscle/muscle group while doing yoga or working out etc, and seeing how these thoughts help you activate parts of the body, for example) consider how your spirit-ego connection may work. The ego is running all sorts of programs based upon our conditioning, beliefs, and habits. In this lifetime, the ego is a vessel for the soul, and not just some ‘thing’ we have to get rid of. But consider what programs it is running and how helpful and/or up-to-date these programs are. If we want to have ego structures that harmonize with our highest good and our service on the planet, it could be a conversation between ego and spirit that works to open those lines of possibility.
Sun in 24 Pisces sextile Pluto in 24 Capricorn: 9:47 AM PDT
- Pluto, a planet of transformative power and depths harmonizes with the Sun in impressionable and gentle Pisces. We may be experiencing transformations at this time that we are more vulnerable toward, as in we may feel less buffered against certain elements of reality that we normally are. Consider for example if you are someone who doesn’t really react to news headlines anymore, but some story comes up and gets through that buffer and now you’re in tears.
- On the one hand, this increased sensitivity can relate to confusion and a sense of disempowerment. I get the image of the boss level in a video game where the villain/monster that one is fighting has a vulnerable spot on their body that glows red.
- We may be experiencing a transition of how we guard parts of ourselves, in which we would feel too out of control if we didn’t. Sometimes the original reason for protecting ourselves has passed and we are actually more ready, psychologically and/or spiritually, to deal with that essential vulnerability.
- In the case that you are moving the needle forward on this de-guarding process, such as through some transformative practice (breathwork, therapy, journeying, etc.) remember as well that you can be gentle and there may be ways to open more deeply to yourself without violating your own boundaries or timing.
March 16, 2020
Mercury enters Pisces: 12:43 AM PDT
(Image: A Woman Is a Woman, 1961, dir. Jean-Luc Godard)
Mercury stationed direct on March 9, and is now re-entering Pisces, the sign that Mercury retrograded from on February 16.
- Perhaps this recent Mercury retrograde confronted us with how we cognitively approach the unknown and the inbetween. Depending on our outlook, certain situations could inspire either anxiety or a sense of possibility within us. Examining what is shiftable and unknown can confront us with our beliefs and our relationship with faith or the lack thereof.
- As Mercury enters and moves through Pisces again, we have the opportunity to play with the way that we shape possibility in our minds. Do we not expand our visions and dreams as much we expand our fears and anxieties? What would happen if we imagined more for ourselves and our lives? What is the technical skillset of imagination that allows us to generate new possibilities in life that may be concretely manifested?
- The logic that operates in Pisces is not a traditional sense of logic. If one must see something to believe, the notion that faith and an emotional vibration of faith will open up possibility and circumstances in one’s reality won’t check out with the materialist. Mercury in Pisces doesn’t care much about information flowing in a logical or linear order – images, sensations, and ideas flow together all at once like a holistic picture. This kind of nonlinear, unordered thinking can open up certain avenues of perception that bypasses an “if x, then y, then z” formula and just sees all the information at once.
- In this way, we may experience insights that are outside of our normal wheelhouse. We can be open to new inspirations. But we may also be more susceptible to fantasy-tinted impressions, which bode well for art and visionary processes but may require clarifying conversations (internally or with others) if our fantasy is clouding up what is actually happening in a given situation.
- If we are confused about where we stand analytically or intellectually about a situation, we may want to comb through what the facts are versus what our judgements and emotional impressions are about those facts. (We might be surprised at how we conflate the two!) How we respond to something emotionally is still objective data, in a sense. We can choose to change our minds or thinking about the situation, or we can recognize that our emotions are present for sound reason.
- In general when Mercury is in a water sign such as Pisces (along with Cancer or Scorpio), we have an opportunity to work with how we intellectualize and process emotion – such as what exploring or gaining tools we have at our disposal for this task. In Pisces, a mutable water sign, we may want to consider how we move emotions through us so that deeper change can occur. What tools do we have (or can we gain) to move emotions through us, rather than have them pool up inside of us stagnantly?
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! I really appreciate you being here with me as I know that if you connect to this writing we have likemindedness and that is so special. Please share this article with a friend who you think would resonate!
Please let me know what you think in the comments – truly I want to know so leave a note! I love you and you are soul family to me, thank you for finding your way to these words and resonating with them in whatever ways you have.
If you enjoy these forecasts and would like more personalized guidance re your personal astrology, I would love to read your natal chart and transits for you! If you would like me to explore the themes in your chart, book a reading with me here.
I meditate on charts before the reading and combine my knowledge of astrology with my clairvoyant abilities to offer you some insights about themes you are working with in this life based on prior lives, and what is the evolutionary purpose of this lifetime. I recorded an episode on my podcast recently titled Befriending your Intuition and Clairvoyance if you’d like to learn more about my relationship with clairvoyance along with tips for increasing yours!
I can work with your specific questions and shed light on ongoing issues or patterns you would like to shift, as well! Book with me here.
I’m also becoming increasingly expressive on instagram, so go find me there @sabrinamonarch and say hello! I’m posting content there that I don’t share anywhere else and I love interacting with you there as well as on twitter @sabrina_monarch.
Sabrina Monarch is a soul-centered Evolutionary Astrologer who publishes weekly astrological forecasts, works with clients and teaches. She is a novelist and has a M.A. in Philosophy, Cosmology and Consciousness from the California Institute of Integral Studies.