We often speak of “excess” in a negative connotation, but there is also the kind of excess pointed to in the saying, “Shoot for the stars and you will land on the moon.” Sometimes, taking our pursuits, ideas, and feelings to a layer of exaggeration is a meaningful stretch that expands us past prior limitations. When we allow ourselves to be visionaries and see possibility beyond what currently meets the eye, we have the opportunity to stretch this reality in that direction. This week as the Sun in Sagittarius squares Neptune in Pisces, this dynamic of expanding reality through fantasy is highlighted. But rather than being attached to creating exactly what we imagined, we may notice that the Universe actually converses with us. Reality is not just this conglomeration of stuff that moves according to our whim. Reality is a lush, interconnected fabric we are embedded within. So we make plans, reality responds. I offer this as an edit to the saying, “We make plans and God laughs.” Let us be open to the dialogue that we can have with the cosmos – the urges that live inside of us in the form of dharma and divine inspiration, and the wisdom embedded in the environment around us that dialogues with our unfolding.
Jupiter has only recently entered Capricorn (December 2) so let’s talk about it again before we dive into this week’s transits – and you can also find more details on this transit in last week’s forecast as well.
Essentially our planet of expansion and luck (Jupiter) enters a sign that relates to the qualities of maturity, responsibility, moral character, self-control/self-possession, and delayed gratification. This is a big call to apply our bigger picture dreams and visions through taking practical action steps. Capricorn’s practicality is not even just about what we can see and touch in the most tangible, material way – it’s also things like conditioning and curating our vibrational frequency and becoming more intentional about our mindsets, attitudes, and emotional focus. So what happens when we combine our visionary tendencies (Jupiter) with pragmatic focus and discipline to grounding those visions into reality (Capricorn)?
In 2012, when I first studied Evolutionary Astrology, I was also studying teachings around manifestation and attracting what you want. I put the two and two together… so Capricorn brings a a harvest of past deeds, and according to these mystery teachings my physical reality is largely a manifestation of past thoughts and emotions? Wow! So what if I made it a habit to feel good more often? Even though feelings are not considered tangible “things”, I started to collect them like currency or wealth. Empowering myself emotionally was then my new around-the-clock job – a two-pronged effort of both aligning myself with circumstances that boosted my mood, and feeling good on purpose regardless of what was happening. I noticed that after conditioning myself in this way for some months that my resting-mood was at a higher baseline than it was before. And, the shifts I made in my environment and lifestyle to be happier kept anchoring me in that higher place. When we just talk about Capricorn being “hard” or “depressive” we miss out on the gift that Capricorn gives us which is physical manifestation. If we’re creative about it, we get to decide what kind of ‘stuff’ we are accumulating day in and day out that is making the foundation of our psychic and literal homes. Ultimately, our reality accumulates patterns over time regardless of whether or not we are intentional about them – so why not be conscious about what we are accumulating?
And the fact is, while some shifts in experience might be instantaneous when we make the move to “raise our vibration” (consistently focusing back to gratitude is one of my favorites), the results are actually going to stack over time. Same with someone doing weight training at the gym. A little muscle might pop out when a person first starts training, but more changes in the body are going to become apparent with consistent practice over time. So we then can learn how to one, enjoy the moment intrinsically (as in, enjoy the process and not just wait for the final result to feel enjoyment) and two, trust the future enough to make good choices in the now even if we can’t see the future fruits of our actions right now. Acting in integrity with our nature is another way to say dharma, and doing our dharma or sacred work here is not something we do conditionally (“I’ll only put in the sweat if results are promised to me!”) – we just do it.
This time that we have to accumulate results is also time to troubleshoot what isn’t working. Bad alignment at the gym can result in injury. Similarly, my “positive thinking” that is actually just masking emotional repression isn’t the panacea for our vibrational elevation. We may have to puzzle with something for a little bit to find out what works. Capricorn slows down time a little bit so we can look at the obstacles right in front of our faces. No one is spared from having problems. But what kind of optimism, curiosity, and willingness do we bring to the table?
Another question to boil this down to is… how are you a visionary? What you do idealize or see as extremely valuable? And in what ways can you align with the integrity of those values in increasingly creative and effectual ways as to bring these values down to earth?
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the vibe may feel like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox, sign up for my mailing list here. You’ll also receive a new subscriber-only article about the current Saturn-Pluto conjunction.
Here’s our week, after a few announcements!
The upcoming four-month, deep-dive Evolutionary Astrology Intensive coming this January is now open for enrollment. Learn how to read natal charts from the perspective of the soul & the soul’s ongoing evolution. Whether you are just beginning your astrological journey, or are a professional astrologer, or anywhere in between, this course is designed to uplevel you. You’ll deepen your communion with the cosmos, expand your confidence in understanding and speaking the language of astrology, and gain tools to apply your astrological knowledge to bring magic, healing, and flourishing into your daily life. Read all about this course, including student testimonials, and enroll here!
“I wholehearted recommend Sabrina’s intensive not only for folks with a curious passion for evolutionary astrology, but for those who are ready to cultivate a relationship to the archetypal denizens of their own nature in a safe and supportive learning environment. I began this course with a peripheral understanding of general astrology, and had a desire to know more than I knew, and I got way more than I bargained for. Thanks to this lovely experience, I’ve gained a deepening confidence in my own ability to recognize and interpret subtle celestial influences in my own life and develop balance in them. There’s a real perennial approach to cosmic living here, and I’m not overstating how valuable Sabrina’s methodology could be to one’s own journey towards fuller embodiment. Not just exclusively for potential practitioners, this a great course for storytellers who want to infuse their work with an expansive approach to intuitive mythology; for healers who want to apply a plus-minded modality for spiritual wellness; or for the seeker who is learning to trust their process of divinity and individuation. Sabrina is a masterful teacher, an Aquarian Age magnet for good people of many paths, and what she’s created will certainly elevate the best of your self-knowledge.” – Sean O.
Latest on the Magic of the Spheres Podcast! I interviewed Kirah of The Strology about her research on the astrology of the Millennial and Gen Z generations (astrologically we’re looking at Pluto in Scorpio and Pluto in Sagittarius) as well as how these generations interact with the older generations, or the generations that their parents are part of. This conversation gave me so much to think about and I think you’ll find it illuminating as well! Whether you are part of these generations or witnessing those who are, it’s so cool to get the perspective of how the outer planets correlate with generational themes. This astrological lens to perceive cultural trends creates a lot of insight.
More about Kirah – Shakirah of The Strology and NFLUX Mag is an astrologer, writer, and creator. She combines modern and traditional techniques along with tarot to offer a unique style of astrology to her clients and students. Her annual astrology & culture magazine and website NFLUX Mag centers and celebrates POC & Queer folks in spirituality, art & activism and features interviews, seasonal horoscopes, embodiment activities and more. Her first book Zodiac Signs: Pisces debuts in February 2020. You can find her offerings on her website & on social media www.thestrology.com / @thestrology /@nfluxmag.
Tune into this episode where you listen to podcasts, or on your web browser here.
Here’s our week! Note there are no exact aspects (except lunar aspects) until Dec 8.
December 8, 2019
Sun in 15 Sagittarius square Neptune in 15 Pisces: 1:01 AM PST
(Image: Ashley Pruitt)
- The Sun is joined in conjunction with asteroid goddess Pallas Athena, a warrior-philosopher goddess who relates to creative intelligence and impeccable strategy. Even outside of these two being in Sagittarius (a sign represented by a centaur with a bow and arrow), Athena herself can be associated with the skillfulness of “hitting the mark” that one has projected.
- The square between Sagittarius and Pisces in the natural zodiac relates to the way that our intention-setting and bow-and-arrow-pointing is always in collaboration with the mysteries of life – the great unknowns, and the great creative wellspring from which all forms emerge and return.
- There may be situations cropping up in our experience now that ask of us that we point the arrow somewhere – that we create some kind of intention or plan – but also that we simultaneously stay open to the flux and mystery of life, the force that converses and responds to our plans. Often a little bit of ardor on the individual’s part – whether that be a truth-seeker, someone seeking love, or someone seeking success in the material world to name a few examples – constellates a web of guides, help, and opportunities around them to fulfill the path. While the arrow may be pointed in a linear direction, the path that the arrow travels (experientially/metaphorically, when we live out our plans…) is certainly not linear. None of this is to say “don’t have plans” – but rather to consider the constellations of creative life-force that dialogue with our plans. As a goddess, Athena has a special love of heroic people or people on a mission. When we ask Source, our guides, other people, our community, animal and plant allies, etc. for help on our “journey”, there is a rich tapestry of magic simply right there. There is a love, or a gravity, that holds together the intention or the quest and the myriad of circumstances and guides that organize around the quest and the quest-er. So instead of saying “don’t have plans” here, what I really mean to say is watch how intimate life is with your plans, and when you’re confused about something like if a block that comes up along the way is there to redirect you or there to strengthen you, just tune in and ask.
Venus in 15 Capricorn sextile Neptune in 15 Pisces: 1:49 PM PST
(Image: Michael Whelan)
- This transit may speak to the harmony of “the work” we do in relationships paying off – noticing a deepening of connection or increasing capacity to foster connection when we’ve addressed and worked with the obstacles to love rather than evading that process.
- When we increase in skillfulness in how we navigate and harmonize with life and with others, it can trigger memories of prior mistakes where we did not have this same skillfulness. This transit can also be an opportunity for healing waters of forgiveness as our minds tend to make comparisons between ourselves now and ourselves from the past. It may also be healing in of itself to just fully realize how much time was involved in this equation – that we may have done the best we could but were limited by our awareness – this awareness that is now deepening, maturing, and unfolding further.
- See if your intuition speaks to you of more graceful, skillful, poised options – glimmering in your consciousness as moments to create a kind of impact that may be of a higher octave and ripple than more reactionary or immature options would be.
December 9, 2019
Mercury enters Sagittarius: 1:42 AM PST
It’s been some extra time of Mercury in Scorpio (starting October 3), because of the last Mercury retrograde! Now Mercury shifts signs into Sagittarius. Mercury will stay in Sagittarius until December 28.
- Mercury in Sagittarius brings in a communication and cognitive style in the note of Sagittarius – this can include hyperbole and exaggeration, optimism, a tendency to project into the “bigger picture”, philosophical thinking, getting carried away, traveling with the mind, and debate/argument construction, to name a few.
- With this in mind, take care to not get carried away with anxiety or streams of thought that are detrimental to you in some way. In meditation, as a meditator is watching their thoughts go by and gaining the practice of not attaching to them and running away with them, the mind will naturally still wander and jump into attachment. The meditator simply keeps coming back to awareness and witnessing. Gaining the discernment to not run away with our stories could be key for mental wellness.
- Conversely, if we want to highlight the capacity to run away in the mind, creative storytelling, visualization, brainstorming, and expanding existing ideas would make good use of this archetypal energy!
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! I really appreciate you being here with me as I know that if you connect to this writing we have likemindedness and that is so special. Please share this article with a friend who you think would resonate!
Please let me know what you think in the comments – truly I want to know so leave a note! I love you and you are soul family to me, thank you for finding your way to these words and resonating with them in whatever ways you have.
If you would like more personalized guidance, I would love to read your natal chart and transits for you! If you would like me to explore the themes in your chart, book a reading with me here.
I meditate on charts before the reading and combine my knowledge of astrology with my clairvoyant abilities to offer you some insights about themes you are working with in this life based on prior lives, and what is the evolutionary purpose of this lifetime. I recorded an episode on my podcast recently titled Befriending your Intuition and Clairvoyance if you’d like to learn more about my relationship with clairvoyance along with tips for increasing yours!
I can work with your specific questions and shed light on ongoing issues or patterns you would like to shift, as well! Book with me here.
I’m also becoming increasingly expressive on instagram, so go find me there @sabrinamonarch and say hello! I’m posting a lot of content there that I don’t share anywhere else and I love interacting with you there.
Sabrina Monarch is a soul-centered Evolutionary Astrologer who publishes weekly astrological forecasts, works with clients and teaches. She is a novelist and is currently pursuing her masters in Philosophy, Cosmology and Consciousness.