Jupiter enters Capricorn this week, bringing us archetypally closer to the Saturn-Pluto conjunction in Capricorn of January 2020 and this much-talked-about giant Capricorn stellium January 12.* So now our teacher planet, Jupiter, enters Capricorn and we have much to learn about this sign. Capricorn is a sign of concrete reality and cause and effect, and working with Capricorn is to learn how to become more effectual. Working with Capricorn is discovering what fruits we are really creating with our actions. This is inevitably a process of maturity, because at less mature states we simply are not aware or willing to take responsibility where we do in fact, have complicity in the very situations we rail against.
Consider this tune-up though. You know how good it feels to feel on-track, to feel as though you are taking the necessary steps to shift your life in the direction you are seeking? Perhaps this is what we call “the work”. When we are committed at this level, we are willing to face uncomfortable things and we are willing to uplevel in those places we have been immature and just hoping someone or something else would take care of the situation for us. And, this being said, Capricorn process is an excellent place to have real mentorship, to have people or community who can help us realize our potential. No one does it alone. But passively waiting for other people to pick up the slack versus actively seeking support and guidance are way different processes. Capricorn likes a good mix of self-sufficiency and enlisting powerful (*ahem* competent is a Cap keyword) guides and mentors.
Amidst this massive call for stepping up, the transiting North Node of the Moon (collective evolution) is in Capricorn’s opposite sign of Cancer, and so I would urge that we stay very connected to our emotions and somatic feelings. One of Capricorn’s pitfalls is the art of “doing things anyway”, no matter how hard, cold, or snowy it is. The capacity to withhold immediate gratification to serve a distant purpose is a valuable skill and yet, done out-of-balance, it conditions a life of disconnection and oppression.
The real challenge of integration between emotionality and responsibility is to cultivate a way of being that honors rather than represses life. At the individual level, this means emotional intelligence and process for witnessing and moving emotions is crucial and should not be omitted from our master plan of how to do life and how to get on top. And in fact, our capacity to deepen our wisdom and integrity in an applied way in life will come from honoring and listening to the truth that lives inside of us and discovering how to live in harmony with nature – within and without. This could mean deeper listening and honoring the need for rest instead of treating ourselves like machines who can run on empty. And sure we may still have places to go and the desire to get there! But we’ll need to really fuel ourselves and that requires some degree of slowing down to tune in with what we really need and how we can facilitate those needs.
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the vibe may feel like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox, sign up for my mailing list here.
*To learn more about the Saturn-Pluto alignment, I have a supportive long-form article about the transit available if you sign up for it here and join my mailing list.
Here’s our week, after a few announcements!
The upcoming four-month, deep-dive Evolutionary Astrology Intensive coming this January is now open for enrollment. Learn how to read natal charts from the perspective of the soul & the soul’s ongoing evolution. Whether you are just beginning your astrological journey, or are a professional astrologer, or anywhere in between, this course is designed to uplevel you. You’ll deepen your communion with the cosmos, expand your confidence in understanding and speaking the language of astrology, and gain tools to apply your astrological knowledge to bring magic, healing, and flourishing into your daily life. Read all about this course, including student testimonials, and enroll here!
“I wholehearted recommend Sabrina’s intensive not only for folks with a curious passion for evolutionary astrology, but for those who are ready to cultivate a relationship to the archetypal denizens of their own nature in a safe and supportive learning environment. I began this course with a peripheral understanding of general astrology, and had a desire to know more than I knew, and I got way more than I bargained for. Thanks to this lovely experience, I’ve gained a deepening confidence in my own ability to recognize and interpret subtle celestial influences in my own life and develop balance in them. There’s a real perennial approach to cosmic living here, and I’m not overstating how valuable Sabrina’s methodology could be to one’s own journey towards fuller embodiment. Not just exclusively for potential practitioners, this a great course for storytellers who want to infuse their work with an expansive approach to intuitive mythology; for healers who want to apply a plus-minded modality for spiritual wellness; or for the seeker who is learning to trust their process of divinity and individuation. Sabrina is a masterful teacher, an Aquarian Age magnet for good people of many paths, and what she’s created will certainly elevate the best of your self-knowledge.” – Sean O.
Latest on the Magic of the Spheres Podcast! I interviewed Ashton Kohl Arnoldy who I met in the Philosophy, Cosmology and Consciousness program at the California Institute of Integral Studies. As an “artisan of sensibility,” Ashton transcends categories by bringing art and ecological philosophy together in an effort to facilitate the transformation of industrial culture. His mission is to convey a felt sense of ecological existence through multiple aesthetic mediums—including film, essay, poetry, performance, and music. Ashton is currently deepening this mission through his doctoral work in the Philosophy, Cosmology, and Consciousness program at CIIS.
One of the things I learned in school was that philosophy was originally carried in dialogue, and that when we converse philosophically with others we are building sparks and kindling a fire – that this is the act, the verb of philosophy. I certainly felt this talking to Ashton – it was really fun and we travelled to some places together like pterodactyls having eyes the size of basketballs 🏀 and what that implies about relativity and perception, and the vibrational power of music. 🎶
Tune in where you listen to podcasts! And remember to subscribe and leave a rating and review, especially on iTunes/apple podcasts! You can also listen on your web browser here.
Here’s our week:
November 27, 2019
Neptune stations direct in 15 Pisces: 4:33 AM PST
Neptune stationed retrograde June 21 this year and now stations direct.
- Whenever a planet stations, the archetype of that planet becomes a more noticeable or present element of our experience. With Neptune, themes of transcendence, unconditional love, forgiveness, redemption, imagination, illusion/delusion, exquisite beauty, and mysticism come into focus. We might honor this by sitting in meditation/visualization, immersing ourselves in art at a theater or museum, spending time by a body of water or in a rose garden, and so on – whatever sparks the numinous for you.
November 28, 2019
Mercury in 15 Scorpio trine Neptune in 15 Pisces: 1:52 AM PST
- Neptune stations at a trine to Mercury in Scorpio, who has also recently stations direct. Mercury’s connection to Neptune at this time can make Neptune’s station and the Neptunian vibe more intelligible at this time in language, though that is not to say that we will know exactly what the mysteries in our life are saying – like a vivid and strange dream we can recall quite clearly, yet we still don’t know what it means. Is there some space you are giving in your life for mystery to exist? Where, rather than rushing to secure certainty you allow yourself to sit with and be curious about the unknown? How honest can we be about our edges of perception and knowledge?
- Likewise, there are those moments that ongoing mysteries and confusions percolate into a vision of clarity or epiphany – suddenly murky or stormy waters clear and we can see through crystalline clear water.
- This is a beautiful transit for detoxing the mind – making a concerted point to refocus the mind on gratitude when we find ourselves ruminating, or making the point to forgive where it is we are still holding onto ancient grudges. Neptune’s waters can heal and dissolve. There is an extent to which we can lock away our stuff in a box and say no thanks to the healing power of forgiveness and letting go – locking our stagnant emotional energy in a box and protecting and defending it – but why? Really why, do we attach so strongly onto things we have already considered poisons? Sometimes the graces of life help us forgive without much effort on our parts – it seems to be catalyzed on its own, the charge lessens, we move on. Other times the process is about engaging our intention to let go, and to be open to new feelings and new spaciousness in our hearts.
- Wherever we meet in an edge in the mind (a ‘puzzle’ we cannot seem to solve, an issue we cannot understand, a fixation we cannot let go of, etc.) inviting divine assistance by asking guides or Source for help via prayer or ritual is an option. As commonly spoken of in the spiritual world – and perhaps this news or a good reminder – benevolent divine assistance waits for the invitation and does not tend to intervene, and we have to learn how to ask. An invitation to check out Caroline W. Casey’s audiobook “Making the Gods Work For You” (a tongue-in-cheek title) for assistance on “clean magic” – prayers that increase the good of all; as well as a podcast where I interviewed Colin Bedell on A Course in Miracles for some thoughts on forgiveness and inviting divine support into our lives.
Venus in 3 Capricorn trine Uranus in 3 Taurus: 10:26 AM PST
- The simple and the radical come together in this alignment – implying that profound shifts and even paradigm shifts can occur in our life through the channel of slow, consistently applied practice. These slow actions may even be connected to urgent issues in our heart – change that we want NOW, yet the road to that change is in reality, an accumulation of applied effort over time. Take the example of loving ourselves – this is not just a place that we arrive permanently, even as we can arrive moment-to-moment. In reality, loving ourselves involves many small actions or alignments in a day, over days, months, and years. If we want to make some radical changes, we need some room for sustainability in our plans.
- One aspect of change and upgrading our lives and relationships is about our ideas and conversations – new ideas of how we see the world and new ideas of how to relate and how to participate do change us. As we get to the earth element (Capricorn and Taurus are both earth signs), the tangible comes into greater focus. It’s not just what we say – it’s about our presence and how we show up and what kinds of results we create (that we can actually observe) with our actions.
- So, we may want to take some time to carefully consider the value and values we are embedding into our lives through our conscientiousness, presence, and commitment.
November 29, 2019
Mercury in 17 Scorpio sextile Saturn in 17 Capricorn: 10:12 PM PST
- It’s available for us to be more self-aware about hidden aspects of our own status-quo – parts of our patterning or conditioning that have previously been operating at an unconscious level. Part of transformation is conscious awareness of the pattern – when we can see, we are on the precipice of change.
- Consider being mindful about where you are practicing conservation instead of “throwing the baby out with the bathwater”. When we dramatically renounce something – whether it be something within us or something in our lives, we can actually feel a burst of power and adrenaline, which can be seductive – and in some cases, totally life-enhancing and supportive. But sometimes there is a cost to this kind of dramatic renunciation that wasn’t really necessary. Could we be more discerning about what we want to conserve when we are in transformative processes? Ultimately there is a maturity in being able to see complexity instead of resorting so quickly to black-and-white thinking.
December 2, 2019
Jupiter enters Capricorn: 10:20 AM PST
(Image: Dominik Jasiński)
Jupiter will stay in Capricorn until December 19, 2020.
- With Jupiter entering the Saturn-ruled sign of Capricorn, the Jupiterian activities of luck, expansion, learning and generosity are increasingly happening through Saturn’s blessing – meaning our integrity and moral compass become the portal for experiencing Jupiter.
- We may have philosophies or guiding principles for what forms or determines our integrity, but this vision is a place of learning and expansion right now. It may be important to discover who are mentors are – who we go to when we are having a moral conflict. It may also be important to include such questions in our prayers – to begin asking our guides for assistance in living with integrity, and for our learning to come with joy and grace. It is a misnomer that lessons have to be hard to get our attention.
- Jupiter expands and brings visibility/frankness. We can become more aware of where we are living out of our alignment with our integrity because we will start to notice the dysfunctionality of it more clearly in our experience. This expanded awareness is not synonymous with being “punished”. It is simply becoming more aware of cause and effect – and our participation in this process is discovering how we can become more effective in creating results we actually want.
- This Jupiter in Capricorn period can also call us into deeper honesty with our “roles” and “masks” we’ve adopted to conform versus the roles we play to more powerfully and expansively be ourselves. If there is a huge part of us that cannot fit into our public image or is even subversive to that public image, it may be time for a re-brand (literally or figuratively). Extreme examples of this disparity would be the phenomenon of sex scandals involving someone whose public platform condemns what they themselves are doing privately.
- Some people feel that it is not time or it is not safe to express themselves more authentically in a public way. Can we discern how and if we are being called? In the spiritual community, for example, those who want to practice their spiritual craft for a living tend to be tasked with the process of being public about their interests and gifts and this is a definite edge for people who have previously been secretive or understated about their esoteric interests. In any regard of going public about something, it can be powerful to have community and mentors to help us midwife this aspect of our identity in a way that feels safe and supportive to us.
- As an example of “roles” or “masks” that can help us step more powerfully into ourselves, and to come back to sexuality again as an example – people working with sexuality, whether that be tantra, sexwork, sex positivity, sex therapy, etc. have conditioned into their public image the expectation and normalcy that they will be talking about sex. Therefore they build a container to have that conversation. Roles do not have to obscure us – roles can be specified channels that empower us to be leaders, conversation-starters, and change-makers.
- When considering how we ourselves present in public, if there are aspects of our experience that we want to include in our public expression we may consider how we can give ourselves this permission and what are inhibitions are. We do not have to be robots in the public – we do not have to specialize in “one thing”. What kind of permission are you giving yourself to be publicly authentic in a way that transcends a limited role or roles you have already cast yourself in or been cast in by social norms and expectations?
- A few places of public expression include – social media, leadership roles, and aspects of our identity that we allow to be communal knowledge (like interests we are public about having).
- While archetypes like Aquarius and Uranus can disrupt the status quo by introducing something counter-culture, Capricorn can also change culture through creating or conditioning new standards. Normalizing what has before been not-normal is also a change-making action. We may consider in what ways we can bring change into our lives and communities by creating consistency around our authentic truth and our moral values. What wasn’t our normal the last years, or even decades of our lives, can become the new normal with concerted discipline and focus. Learning and applying the arts of healthy relationship, for example, after a history of abuse or dysfunctional relationship, can become the new normal.
Mercury in 21 Scorpio sextile Pluto in 21 Capricorn: 9:19 PM PST
- This Mercury in Scorpio transit has been a potent one – what with the retrograde and contacts to Saturn, Neptune and Pluto! It may not be easy to change our minds sometimes, but what magic it is when we unlock how to and our willingness to. We can become increasingly mindful of how thoughts land in our body – what feelings thoughts create – and work with the magic we can create in our lives when we align more and more with empowering and life-enhancing thoughts. When we detach enough to know that we are not our thoughts, we gain more choice in deciding what thoughts we want to unhook from (like our shame stories and self-reprimanding thoughts) and what thoughts we want to collaborate with (like our optimism, our sense of possibility, our recognition of beauty and gratitude, etc.).
December 3, 2019
Venus in 9 Capricorn sextile Mars in 9 Scorpio: 7:47 AM PST
- This transit can speak to risk-taking in love around vulnerability. Capricorn and Scorpio are both very tough signs in their own way, and each can be skilled at the poker face, or not needing anything from anyone, while there can actually be deep emotional feelings and needs underneath the surface.
- There are certain practices and ethics in love and relating that set the container for deeper intimacy and trust – our process can be learning what those are and enacting them.
- For this week, if there are deep experiences you want to share with your loved ones consider the ritual or container space as a portal. How romantic (and you can romance your friends, too!) to make time and space for a dinner, and to in this setting, tell someone how much the mean to you and how much you love them.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! I really appreciate you being here with me as I know that if you connect to this writing we have likemindedness and that is so special. Please share this article with a friend who you think would resonate!
Please let me know what you think in the comments – truly I want to know so leave a note! I love you and you are soul family to me, thank you for finding your way to these words and resonating with them in whatever ways you have.
If you would like more personalized guidance, I would love to read your natal chart and transits for you! If you would like me to explore the themes in your chart, book a reading with me here.
I meditate on charts before the reading and combine my knowledge of astrology with my clairvoyant abilities to offer you some insights about themes you are working with in this life based on prior lives, and what is the evolutionary purpose of this lifetime. I recorded an episode on my podcast recently titled Befriending your Intuition and Clairvoyance if you’d like to learn more about my relationship with clairvoyance along with tips for increasing yours!
I can work with your specific questions and shed light on ongoing issues or patterns you would like to shift, as well! Book with me here.
I’m also becoming increasingly expressive on instagram, so go find me there @sabrinamonarch and say hello! I’m posting a lot of content there that I don’t share anywhere else and I love interacting with you there.
Sabrina Monarch is a soul-centered Evolutionary Astrologer who publishes weekly astrological forecasts, works with clients and teaches. She is a novelist and is currently pursuing her masters in Philosophy, Cosmology and Consciousness.