Generosity is a portal – a high-power, high-frequency stream through which MORE is renewably generated. It is Leo Season and this week Mercury in Leo makes aspects to Chiron in Aries and Uranus in Taurus. One thing likely to come up with these transits is a tension between needing to create or have some level of output/external expression versus how much we believe we possess to give. Which asks the question – is what we are in possession of coming from a finite or an infinite source?
Continue reading below or watch the video version on YouTube here!
Often we hold back because we think that we will run out of something. And perhaps there is some truth to this – if we give all of ourselves while we are also closed off to being connected to something more regenerative and infinite – then we can run out. But when we tap into the infinite and our expressions and offerings are channeled through us, but aren’t just us – there is always more to share.
So if we decided we wanted to be more loving, it wouldn’t have to be our own, clearly-portioned amount of love exactly that we are sharing. It could be universal love that we are in service to and we make ourselves a channel for it to flow through us. As we give, as we are loving, we are also feeling love pour through us and we feel regenerated by it.
As an experiment, take a moment to inhabit a memory, or an image, that brings you into a state of gratitude or happiness. If this is not immediately accessible, see if you can pretend to feel these things.
In this moment that you called this feeling state to mind, you generated or created a state of being from within yourself. We do this all the time with a variety of moods and images, but don’t always recognize it for the creative power it is.
Moment-to-moment, day-to-day, you can choose an energy or some energies that you are loyal to, devoted to, and allow yourself to source them from a deep infinite well within yourself and to direct yourself in your actions toward those qualities and directions.
This is a basis of generosity.
Generosity doesn’t mean that you don’t rest, or that you lack discernment, or that you become someone else’s supply. You can keep the distances and boundaries that you need to. And yet…
You can channel through your being more abundance and more to give. You can lift the barriers that keep you holding back your expression and your affection.
Tune into where life is giving you this invitation. Sometimes it is co-present with where we feel we don’t have enough, where we are tuned into lack, or feelings of unworthiness – anything that justifies interior retreat or consolidating and reserving energy. In these places, being generous seems like the last option because it doesn’t seem like there is anything to give. And it’s not helpful to scrape at what little is left – but to imagine and connect with a different kind of environment – one with fountains, with radiance, with currents of infinite energy. Just like you can generate things in your imagination, sometimes this contemplation of renewable resource or infinity is imagined before it is discovered as real.
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the vibe feels like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox, sign up for my mailing list here.
Here’s our week, after a few announcements!
Thank you for your support funding the sixth year of astrology forecasts, and a year ahead of Magic of the Spheres podcast episodes. The campaign was successful and we reached my second push goal (of 20,000). I’m in the process of fulfilling the rewards. All the downloadables (the Aspects to Pluto audio, the Integration of Awakening video, and the Mars Retrograde of 2020 video) have been sent out. The email would have looked like a Kickstarter notification. If you backed the campaign and claimed these rewards and didn’t receive them, please reach out. I’ve also enrolled students for the upcoming courses, and will be in touch next to schedule and deliver astrology readings.
There’s still time to sign up for these life-changing courses!
Deadline to enroll is August 14!
Learn Evolutionary Astrology with me in August! The next run of the Evolutionary Astrology intensive begins this August. This is a transformational course with glowing alumni feedback – learn more about the program, read reviews, and enroll on the course page here.
This course is all levels. Have that click where you *get* astrology and can begin to form your own interpretations, or profoundly deepen your existing awareness. Learn how to read charts as a whole from the perspective of reincarnation – what past life themes have you brought into this lifetime that you are still working with? What is your purpose in this lifetime, and what helps you to evolve? Gain a personal mythos and a soulful context for a deeper understanding of any area of your life – and learn wisdom teachings of depth astrology that you can engage to empower your soul’s potentials.
Having a personal understanding of astrology is a profound gift.
If you’re considering this course and have any questions, start a conversation with me by sending me an email at email@example.com. Most logistical questions should be answered on the course page itself, but if you have personal questions about your learning journey with astrology or what you wish to gain out of this class, I’m here to talk with you!
NEW Upcoming Course – Online Presence as Performance Art: The course page for my new upcoming course that I’ve been telling you about, Online Presence as Performance Art, is up! It includes more course details and a syllabus overview here.
I’m really excited to share this course in part because I literally don’t think there is anything else out there like it! It’s a psychological, intutive, mystical exploration on the process of cultivating an online presence. This includes moving away from the narrative of the internet as a place of soul-depleting scrolling and moving toward an imagination of the internet as a place of magic, opportunity, and connection — and then actually embodying that more enriching perspective in how one participates with the collective airwaves.
This course also explores the inner-psychological, often hidden/private, processes that go into the cultivation of an online life or a public presence. The resistances and anxieties that come along with this are archetypal and human, and very much part of the path.
I hope that this course unlocks catalytic insights that makes way for businesses, friendships, colleague relationships that are now just awaiting in the wings. Enroll here.
Here’s our week!
August 7, 2020
Venus enters Cancer: 8:21 AM PDT
Venus will stay in Cancer until September 6.
- During the transit of Venus in Cancer we are brought in touch with opportunities to build emotional connection, or we may create them.
- Venus and Cancer are a deeply yin pairing – we may put some energy into noticing how we allow ourselves to harmonize and relate with our moods, and how we flow with them. There are times we might have some ease shifting a mood, like if we make a mindset or attitude adjustment. Other times the mood has an intelligence of its own and we may find ourselves benefitting from relating to what we might otherwise feel we should control.
- Venus was in Gemini almost half a year because of the last Venus retrograde (April 3 – now) so this may be a noticed shift in your field. The transition of Gemini to Cancer signifies moving from a state of collecting experience and information with endless curiosity (Gemini) to wanting to make a home (Cancer). While of course it depends on a variety of factors and what Venus is activating in your chart personally, there is a likelihood that some extraversion will tone down and close connections may be invested in more.
August 9, 2020
Mercury in 9 Leo trine Chiron retrograde in 9 Aries: 11:02 AM PDT
(Image: film still from Blancanieves)
- Though we may think of the water element as more “sensitive” in a classic way, the fire signs Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius are also sensitive. This sensitivity shows more through irritation, anger, or pride. The pain points are not feeling respected, honored, or seen, or feeling like their fire is being snuffed if their enthusiasm is discouraged or their big visions/plans thwarted.
- While the fire signs possess charisma and others might be drawn to them, fire energy doesn’t have the same social finesse as air or water energy does – the fire signs impulsively express themselves outwardly, which can be alluring and fascinating to others (attractive) or it can be rude, clumsy, or not that welcomed by the social environment they are in. And since the fire signs like being admired and respected, this kind of negative social feedback is sensitive for them.
- As Mercury and Chiron harmonize in fire signs this week, we might pay attention to the sense of feeling heard and seen, both in ourselves and others.
- It is not generally a happy place for anyone when, expressing their enthusiasm or their victories, they are met with discouragement, disdain, jealousy, etc. However, with increased skill (around timing, harmonizing with the field of reality) and a more receptive audience — one’s enthusiasm, storytelling, and victories works to actually inspire other people and create more connection and warmth in the relational field. Sometimes we just have to believe in this arch.
- The fire element is also very connected to the hero’s journey. There are often steps along the path where external guidance and encouragement are absent and we feel more on our own. Usually the cultivation of greatness involves a willingness to believe in ourselves in moments where we’d prefer someone else did that for us.
(Image: Robert Allan)
- Active kindness, actively beaming out some kind of goodness/generosity into the world, can be such a deeply impactful and generative thing to do. Everyone, no matter how obviously on the surface, is on their unique path, and an act of kindness sent their way can impact them for their entire lives. Shaman Durek (from Ancient Wisdom Today podcast) has stated that the problems we see in the world are ultimately lack-of-love problems, and that the more intention and presence we gave to being loving and sharing love, the more the world would move in a positive direction.
- If you’ve ever practiced focused meditation or energy work where you changed your state of consciousness into something more loving, visualized surrounding yourself with light, or edited old traumatic memories and refocused your mind on abundance and gratitude, etc – did you notice a shift in your life toward more good things coming your way or more ease opening up? It is possible that when we focus on radiating love and kindness as a general practice, we are extending this personal practice (of inner sunlight) beyond ourselves and into more clearly shared ecosystems (i.e. “the world”).
August 10, 2020
Mercury in 10 Leo square Uranus in 10 Taurus: 5:52 AM PDT
(Image: Joanna Newsom)
- The longer transit of Uranus in Taurus relates to cultivating harmony in the nervous system – learning how to self-regulate, how to be calm at will. We can train ourselves to be able to do this through various practices and lifestyle choices.
- With this dynamic, creative square between Mercury in Leo and Uranus in Taurus, it is possible that when we are at neutral or at rest within ourselves (in a state of peace), we can use this space as a launching point to create something we’d like to.
- If you have a meditation or visualization practice, consider getting into a harmonic or clear state, and once you feel solid in that vibration, ask yourself what you desire or what you’d like to create. If we tap into our imagination, we can ‘download’ plans and ideas related to visions we’d like to see come to fruition.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! If you would like further guidance, I have been increasingly focused on longer-term 1:1 work with my students and clients, in the form of mentorship – helping people form a depth relationship to their natal chart and personal transits over time, to develop themselves, to heal, and to reach their goals, all through the soul-making lens of evolutionary astrology. If you’re interested in working together in that capacity, I am currently accepting new clients. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to start a conversation and set up a free consultation call.
Find me on Instagram @sabrinamonarch and Twitter @Sabrina_monarch, get on my mailing list to stay apprised of all upcoming offerings and events, and I’ll see you next week!
Before you go….
I am going to be a speaker at two summits this month. Here’s a little more information and links to get signed up!
Join me and 17 other women astrologers as we explore what it means to rise up and amplify our light during this time of awakening. This summit will be live August 7-9 and brings together experienced master astrologers and some of the brightest rising stars to generously share their insights, techniques and wisdom on how astrology can ignite our creative fire, illuminate our purpose and fuel our empowerment.
Register at my special link here: https://www.radiantastrologymembership.com/a/31271/GaKdXAYp
I will be presenting on “Play and the Evolution of Alternate Realities”.
The Leo and solar archetypes contain themes both of play and creation. When we play, we enter an alternate reality – one with different rules and aims than the main reality. In Religion in Human Evolution, scholar Robert Bellah produces an argument that the evolutionary development of play behavior in mammals is significantly responsible for the development of human religion.
As to the first point about play being an alternate reality – it is often so that play is sidelined as something less necessary or less responsible than the work tasks that characterize the ordinary functioning of life. But what if play is actually an activity that creates worlds? Play is the precursor to ritual, and ritual is “serious play”. In this talk, we will uncover the deeper generative powers of play and I will offer suggestions on how to utilize play/fantasy as a way to practice magic and create desired change in your life.
Pretty magical no?! I hope to see you there!!
I’ll be presenting on the lunar nodes, which are one of my favorite things to work with and talk about 🙂
The nodes of the Moon in a natal chart are an opening to explore an individual’s karma. The nodes of the Moon speak to past life themes and an arch of personality development in this lifetime. In this talk, we will explore a working definition of karma (that is specifically not punitive), how personality and karma are connected, and how personal development and the nodal axis can be connected in personal practice.
Learn about the lunar nodes in your chart with me!
I’m joined by these stellar speakers (@ are Instagram handles!):
And host, @thestrology
The summit is free to attend in the first 48 hours, and proceeds from purchasing the summit go to the speakers! Register here: https://www.freshvoicesinastrology.com/summit/