The Moon grows full in Aquarius this week, calling in a change of headspace – whether we intentionally seek it out or it finds us by surprise. With the Sun in Leo, it might be experiences of play that trigger the Full Moon’s lightbulb epiphany moment. It may prove crucial to take a break from “normal life” and throw ourselves into activities which have no other purpose than it itself. Only in this reprieve from the anxieties of maintaining normal life might we access the critical insight which allows us to return to the demands of normal life, refreshed and discharged of unnecessary stress. Maybe too, we gained a vision that we can weave into ordinary life to upgrade routine programming into something more inspired.
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the vibe feels like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox, sign up for my mailing list here.
Watch the video version of this forecast on YouTube, or keep reading below.
Here’s our week, after a few announcements! It’s busy time of year, so I’ve got more than a few 😏 but take a moment to become aware of some amazing opportunities! I’m going to be including more announcements at the end of this forecast about upcoming astrology summits I’m speaking at!
⏰ JUST HOURS LEFT ⏰ Kickstarter to fund the year ahead of astrology forecasts and Magic of the Spheres podcast episodes: June marked the beginning of the sixth year of writing these weekly forecasts and I’m asking for your support to crowdfund the year ahead. I’m offering astrology readings, discounted tuition to my Evolutionary Astrology course, and more. These forecasts have long been free and providing so much value to many people’s lives, and I truly need the support of you as my community to thrive. (Consider me like public radio!) I aim to keep sharing valuable free content for years to come and I ask for your help keeping Monarch Astrology around. The campaign lasts till July 30 at 8:20 AM Pacific. Back the campaign here.
NEW Upcoming Course – Online Presence as Performance Art: The course page for my new upcoming course that I’ve been telling you about, Online Presence as Performance Art, is up! It includes more course details and a syllabus overview here.
I’m really excited to share this course in part because I literally don’t think there is anything else out there like it! It’s a psychological, intutive, mystical exploration on the process of cultivating an online presence. This includes moving away from the narrative of the internet as a place of soul-depleting scrolling and moving toward an imagination of the internet as a place of magic, opportunity, and connection — and then actually embodying that more enriching perspective in how one participates with the collective airwaves.
This course also explores the inner-psychological, often hidden/private, processes that go into the cultivation of an online life or a public presence. The resistances and anxieties that come along with this are archetypal and human, and very much part of the path.
I hope that this course unlocks catalytic insights that makes way for businesses, friendships, colleague relationships that are now just awaiting in the wings. Enrollment is open through the Kickstarter at its lowest ever price. If you’re reading this after the Kickstarter closed, you can enroll here.
Learn Evolutionary Astrology with me in August! The next run of the Evolutionary Astrology intensive begins this August. Note you can enroll at a discount through the Kickstarter! This is a transformational course with glowing alumni feedback – learn more about the program, read reviews, and enroll on the course page here.
This course is all levels. Have that click where you *get* astrology and can begin to form your own interpretations, or profoundly deepen your existing awareness. Learn how to read charts as a whole from the perspective of reincarnation – what past life themes have you brought into this lifetime that you are still working with? What is your purpose in this lifetime, and what helps you to evolve? Gain a personal mythos and a soulful context for a deeper understanding of any area of your life – and learn wisdom teachings of depth astrology that you can engage to empower your soul’s potentials.
Having a personal understanding of astrology is LIFE-CHANGING.
If you’re considering this course and have any questions, start a conversation with me by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Most logistical questions should be answered on the course page itself, but if you have personal questions about your learning journey with astrology or what you wish to gain out of this class, I’m here to talk with you!
New episode of Magic of the Spheres: I interviewed astrologer Acyuta-bhava Dasa about prayer – we discussed cultivating a relationship with prayer, thoughts on why the word ‘prayer’ might feel alienating, what it means when it feels like there is no answer or no response, and ways to deepen a relationship with Source/God.
Acyuta brings so much knowledge and wisdom to the astrology community and his videos and teachings are always interconnected with spirituality, so I thought he would be a great person to ask about this. I also feel that these conversations about spirituality can be catalytic for spiritual growth and connection.
Tune in where you listen to podcasts or on your browser here.
Here’s our week!
July 30, 2020
Mercury in 20 Cancer opposite Jupiter retrograde in 20 Capricorn: 7:17 AM PDT & Mercury in 20 Cancer trine Neptune retrograde in 20 Pisces: 11:44 AM PDT
- Mercury is activating the current Jupiter-Neptune sextile (read thoughts on this aspect from last week here).
- Cancer is a water sign, and water likes to cohere – water molecules stick together. You can feel the magnetism by pressing together two water droplets slowly (one on your thumb and one on your pointer finger) and seeing how inclined they are to merge. The water element also relates to our capacity for empathy – to cohere emotionally with others.
- In relationships or group-settings it is possible that people bond over sharing misfortunes or over complaining. It is actually a really common way that people connect.
- What is your skill level at disrupting this pattern? Do you have a way of inviting people into more uplifting conversation? Are you comfortable with sharing your own happiness in environments where people are in not as elevated a state? There is no need to be rude or not compassionate, here.
- If you were to tune out of the specifics words people (including yourself) are saying in a group setting and tune in more to the “song” of it, what does it actually feel like? This inner-recognition can guide us to feel into where we are generating warmth, happiness, expansion or perhaps where we are pining, mourning, etc. Just noticing and being aware of what songs we are singing increases our capacity to choose the songs we are singing.
- Complaining or composing scathing examinations of something or someone can release some kind of chemical high but – is it necessary? Is it helpful?
- When we possess grievances (things to complain about) we may feel the most practical or real way to address them is to focus on them and fix them. This overlooks the possibility, however, that by consistently focusing upon elevated emotions – gratitude, awe, love, etc – we change the entire playing field of our lives like practically entering another reality – one with LESS to complain about and more flow/ease around amplifying love/abundance as opposed to always tackling problems.
July 31, 2020
Sun in 9 Leo trine Chiron retrograde in 9 Aries: 6:15 PM PDT
- This transit may relate to some more gentle healing themes around self-expression. We may feel encouraged to put ourselves out there in a new way and either receive validating feedback or feel greater self-esteem that at least we did it. If we come to a place of grace within ourselves (believing in ourselves, acting in integrity, honoring our creative impulses and inspirations) it is often truly disarming.
August 1, 2020
Mercury in 23 Cancer opposite Pluto retrograde in 23 Capricorn: 3:52 AM PDT
- This aspect highlights the intersection between emotional intelligence and awareness of systemic social patterns and histories. Take for example American congresswoman Alexandra Ocasio Cortez’s recent electric speech where she addresses being called a “fucking bitch” by a congressman. Her feelings are not personally hurt by the incident, but she is specifically not standing for language that has systematically been leveraged against women designed to keep them in their place in a patriarchal society.
August 2, 2020
Sun in 10 Leo square Uranus in 10 Taurus: 4:19 AM PDT
Yep – just the image! Read more about this aspect in the Full Moon section next 🙂
August 3, 2020
Full Moon in 11 Aquarius: 8:59 AM PDT (and Uranus square the Full Moon axis)
- It is time to get inventive! When a paradigm (a way of life, a way of understanding life, a model of reality) stops being adaptive, and can no longer ‘hold’ reality in a supportive way (like a ship in the ocean that is full of holes and starting to sink), we are at the precipice of breakthrough.
- Many of our illuminations, revelations, and breakthroughs come from a place of inner-freedom or playfulness. Or like Einstein said, “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” We have to be in a different frame of mind.
- That different frame of mind comes from having fun, or following our excitement – so if you follow the logic, fun literally births new worlds.
- The Leo/Aquarius axis (the Full Moon is always the Sun opposite the Moon!) is a drama/trauma axis, as well, which is worth being aware of! On this axis, we are the stars of our own epic dramas, and events that go against our preference, or shock and rattle us (because they veer from the script of our own desires and hopes), can take on epic and tragic proportions.
- It is one thing to grieve – it is another to inflate events in our lives by remembering them over and over again with increasing flashes of lighting and thunder. Tap into your creative capacity to tell your own narrative differently, where that might empower you. Even if you flirt with a fiction – you imagine a new story – you can begin to create it. Think of a narrator in a film, describing the protagonist’s journey. The narrator is both an omnipotent voice, but also a highly biased one – and that bias is creative. Use it to activate different threads of your own destiny.
Mercury in 27 Cancer opposite Saturn retrograde in 27 Capricorn: 2:00 PM PDT
(Image: Larissa Hoffman)
- Saturn can relate to a tendency to focus on the negative because it also relates to our development of boundaries and basically our awareness of what we want to say no to.
- Sometimes boundaries take the form of mental discipline. We might make a choice that there are certain thoughts we are not going to invest in when they pass through our mind, certain thoughts we are not going to build stories and emotions around. One who decides to not worry, or not be stressed out (and can perform that!) is doing this.
- Mental discipline involves positive reinforcement (moving toward the goal and things that support the goal) as a way to re-focus away from whatever is being left behind. We might be aware of what ‘not’ to do, but may also want a gameplan for what to try instead.
- Mental discipline involves the capacity to acknowledge the contradicting thoughts that do come up, and not just stuff or suppress them but actually transform them. Do you have ways you know how to dialogue with your own self to change your own mind? Activities where we write from one voice, and offer a response in a different voice can be particularly helpful. Such as writing down your fears, and then coaching yourself through them.
August 4, 2020
Mars in 19 Aries square Jupiter retrograde in 19 Capricorn: 6:06 AM PDT
- While Mercury in Cancer has opposed the Capricorn lineup this week, I’ve been exploring themes above of self-care through optimism and challenging our pessimistic thinking, a process that might be ‘work’ if we have a lot to unpack. Mars in Aries brings in a considerable boost of energy that is in dynamic tension with our beliefs about what is wrong in ourselves or in life. This can relate to increased willpower to overcome obstacles IF that is the agenda. Without that goal in mind, Mars can also simply amplify any existing pessimistic process. There must be a decision of what kind of victory one desires, and then moving toward that.
- There might be a place where we are freshly feeling an instinct or an impulse to do something, but we are also aware of all the possible ways it could go wrong or is not possible. This is not an unheard of circumstance – many challenges have obstacles right from the start. The question is how we decide to work with the obstacles.
- Be mindful of places where you think in extremes, like, “it’s not possible to be as affluent/wealthy as I want to be and still be in integrity/ethical”. Is that even true? If accepted as truth, one is unlikely to generate plans toward greater financial stability/abundance because of the internal block or hangup around it. In this example, we would benefit from being more curious about HOW abundance and integrity can be connected, and energizing ourselves on the pursuit of knowledge and and discovery instead of talking ourselves out of it at the gate.
Mercury enters Leo: 8:32 AM PDT
- After a longer season of Mercury in Cancer (due to the last Mercury retrograde being in this sign), Mercury enters the playful and expressive sign of Leo. Mercury in Leo is a more provocative communication field – where the way we speak can be more designed at getting a rise out of other people and actually getting their attention. We are invited to invoke some flashiness, some jester energy, some EXTRA energy, and perhaps to do so in a way that diverts just enough from how others are doing that and put our own spin on it so the message really pops. Mercury generates novelty constantly after all, and it is part of Mercury’s charm.
- We have the power to think of an energy we want to create, before we enter a circumstance, and to bring that energy in. Experiment with this before you get on a call with someone or before you talk with someone in general – what do you want to create? See how that influences what ends up happening.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! If you would like further guidance, I have been increasingly focused on longer-term 1:1 work with my students and clients, in the form of mentorship – helping people form a depth relationship to their natal chart and personal transits over time, to develop themselves, to heal, and to reach their goals, all through the soul-making lens of evolutionary astrology. If you’re interested in working together in that capacity, I am currently accepting new clients. Send me an email at email@example.com to start a conversation and set up a free consultation call.
Find me on Instagram @sabrinamonarch and Twitter @Sabrina_monarch, get on my mailing list to stay apprised of all upcoming offerings and events, and I’ll see you next week!
Before you go….
I am going to be a speaker at two summits this month. Here’s a little more information and links to get signed up!
Join me and 17 other women astrologers as we explore what it means to rise up and amplify our light during this time of awakening. This summit will be live August 7-9 and brings together experienced master astrologers and some of the brightest rising stars to generously share their insights, techniques and wisdom on how astrology can ignite our creative fire, illuminate our purpose and fuel our empowerment.
Register at my special link here: https://www.radiantastrologymembership.com/a/31271/GaKdXAYp
I will be presenting on “Play and the Evolution of Alternate Realities”.
The Leo and solar archetypes contain themes both of play and creation. When we play, we enter an alternate reality – one with different rules and aims than the main reality. In Religion in Human Evolution, scholar Robert Bellah produces an argument that the evolutionary development of play behavior in mammals is significantly responsible for the development of human religion.
As to the first point about play being an alternate reality – it is often so that play is sidelined as something less necessary or less responsible than the work tasks that characterize the ordinary functioning of life. But what if play is actually an activity that creates worlds? Play is the precursor to ritual, and ritual is “serious play”. In this talk, we will uncover the deeper generative powers of play and I will offer suggestions on how to utilize play/fantasy as a way to practice magic and create desired change in your life.
Pretty magical no?! I hope to see you there!!
I’ll be presenting on the lunar nodes, which are one of my favorite things to work with and talk about 🙂
The nodes of the Moon in a natal chart are an opening to explore an individual’s karma. The nodes of the Moon speak to past life themes and an arch of personality development in this lifetime. In this talk, we will explore a working definition of karma (that is specifically not punitive), how personality and karma are connected, and how personal development and the nodal axis can be connected in personal practice.
Learn about the lunar nodes in your chart with me!
I’m joined by these stellar speakers (@ are Instagram handles!):
And host, @thestrology
The summit is free to attend in the first 48 hours, and proceeds from purchasing the summit go to the speakers! Register here: https://www.freshvoicesinastrology.com/summit/