This time of year is known for the thinning of veils – a powerful time of vision, dreams, and connecting with ancestors. We have a Taurus Full Moon on Samhain/Halloween for dramatic effect, not to mention the Moon will be conjunct Uranus and Black Moon Lilith. In a totally normative sense (for people who are into spirituality/magic or not!) this time of year features a fascination with the darkness, with literal skeletons and ghouls and ghosts. At a deeper symbolic level – because everything happens on a spectrum – this can be a time to be fascinated with our own darkness.
Watch this forecast on YouTube or keep reading below!
The triple conjunction in Taurus of the Moon at its fullest light, Black Moon Lilith, and Uranus speaks to the potential to liberate the parts of ourselves we have forsaken or cast out of the Garden of Eden if you will, in the name of puritanical values however unconsciously. What have we demonized, and why? There is a long historical lineage of demonizing female sexuality and the feminine for example, with speak of temptresses and sirens and forces that lure us into unholy spaces. Whether or not we received this direct religious conditioning, for many of us it is simply part of the cultural field we grew up inside of.
The liberation of connecting with ourselves in places we have deemed forbidden is a great leap. This is a leap a person takes when they follow their occult inclinations (if they were raised to think that was evil) or the leap a person takes connecting with the creative power of their sexuality deeper than they have ever let themselves. If we remember that Scorpio relates to trust and intimacy in addition to what is taboo or dark, it is fair that we might possess a level of caution around exploring certain aspects of ourselves and certain aspects of ourselves with others. There has to be that trust.
So my invitation for you is to tune into where your edge is right now. Desire can be edgy. We can desire something, and it is beyond what we have already experienced. Perhaps it stretches our sense of worthiness (can I really have/experience this?!). How present and loving can you be with yourself in exploring those edges currently? As the veils flutter… there may be hidden treasure. 🖤
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the zeitgeist feels like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox and be notified of upcoming educational opportunities, sign up for my mailing list here.
Here’s our week, after a few announcements!
Study Evolutionary Astrology with me in January 2021 – enrollment is now open! It’s always an inspiring group of deep thinkers that gather for this class. If you are wanting to learn karmic soul-centered astrology, and go deeper into the astrological craft in both an intuitive and a structured/guided way – and you resonate with these forecasts, you’ll love this course. Learn more, read testimonials, and enroll here.
Level Two Training for Alumni Coming Soon!
I’m developing a new offering for alumni of the Evolutionary Astrology Intensive to deepen their skills in community. It will be an intimate container. Stay tuned for updates!
Astrology Reading Bookings FULL: I am booked out for a little bit, but still taking new clients for ongoing mentorship/coaching (6 month – 1 year commitment). If you’re interested in working with me in that capacity, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. And make sure you’re on my mailing list if you’d like to be informed of when my books open again!
New episode of Magic of the Spheres! Fellow Evolutionary Astrologer Arakai Moon @star_siren_astrology recounts a very Martian (and Lilith-esque) story that occurred at the start of quarantine. This story is challenging, often comical, and honestly mythical. In part two (forthcoming) we’ll share thoughts on the story through our filters as soul workers and astrologers. Tune in where you listen to podcasts! Or on your browser here.
Here’s our week:
October 31, 2020
Full Moon in 8 Taurus: 7:49 AM PDT
The Moon will also be conjunct Uranus in 8 degrees of Taurus, and more widely conjunct Black Moon Lilith in early Taurus! Here are some possible themes:
- Everything in the material world comes into form and leaves form (is born and dies, is created and dissolves, etc.) so it is a skill both to be able to enjoy what exists and to thoroughly let go when its time comes. Take note if there are any places in your experience when you are fixated on a past source of fulfillment and are grasping onto it or trying to specifically re-create it. This can be a version of yourself you want to get back to, an ex or a way that you felt in a past relationship, or something along these lines. What beliefs connect to this fixation on the past? Is that which you seek rare and scarce? Or do you believe in a radical possibility of being pleasantly surprised by life and feeling fulfillment again, in a new form?
- One way to become more embodied in your life in the current moment is to seriously cultivate a gratitude practice (or keep it up if you already have one!). It can feel awkward or forced at first, but with consistent practice taking some time to journal or reflect on gratitude can be a transportive state of mind and heart. Gratitude is a form of receptivity that allows us to feel more intimately what we already have. It’s like opening up presents we’ve put in a corner while we continued to look for more things elsewhere instead. When we cultivate gratitude, we become more aligned and more magnetic with the frequency of fulfillment.
- One way to become more abundant in your life is to radically reorient (if needed) from seeking wealth/abundance for its own ends and for your own fulfillment to being in service to something bigger than yourself. It’s not wrong to have personal drive for wealth or love and whatever it is you desire. But when we see our own fulfillment as the bottom line, we are only serving ourselves, and that is an energy of hoarding in some sense. Versus, when we are devoted to something larger than ourselves our energy becomes more conductive – we become conduits and participate in the natural flow of life. If we looked at this in terms of business, you know the difference in value between a business that has a real intention to help people or make the world a better place versus a business that is profit-driven first and foremost. If you’re the CEO of your own life… consider how you line up on that spectrum.
- The fixed signs of the zodiac (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius) have very tenacious and enduring qualities for better and worse. The same tenaciousness that can relate to creative fruition is also correlated with how we hold onto grudges or hold trauma in the body, or repeat the same patterns over and over despite our best efforts for change until… something gives. These patterns can and do change – and this Full Moon conjunct Uranus signifies an acceleration of that change process, and perhaps in ways that catch us off-guard.
- Our success in liberating from stagnant holding patterns may be directly correlated with what we are investing in and focusing on (Scorpio, where the Sun is). Energy and attention are investments, along with money, time, and devotion. Track it, and re-align your investment as needed.
Sun in 8 Scorpio opposite Uranus retrograde in 8 Taurus: 8:53 AM PDT
(Image: Alberto Polo Iañez)
- This contact can signify an increasing restlessness or desire for something to change, as well as the competing drive to stay calm or maintain some status quo. This can be an inner dialogue when one part of us wants more from life, and another part of us is trying to rationalize how we can just be happy with what we already have. Desiring more from life isn’t a problem. Desire is a spiritual navigation tool for the soul, guiding us toward our evolution in this life. If there was a problem here, it would be the idea that we can only be hustling/ambitious or calm/accepting, but not both at the same time. I’ll share a prayer I posted on social media the other day:
Sacred restlessness: May the divine discontent that sparks our seeking bring us the paradigm shifts that make us feel most alive… and confirm that we were onto something.
Sacred restfulness: May our contemplations of gratitude help our consciousness magnify the good and allow us to feel completely at home wherever we are at.
The integration of the two: May our nervous systems hold the frictions and passions & receive them as portals into intimacy and intrigue more than as threats to split off from. May our imaginations perceive the art of this moment so that we can land in each moment that we also strive.
November 1, 2020
Mercury retrograde in 26 Libra square Saturn in 26 Capricorn: 11:05 AM PST
(Image: Andrew Wyeth)
- Consider the intelligence of what is omitted – what is not said. Works of writing may be edited down to be more precise. In relationships, we might show restraint by asking something like, “There’s something I want to talk about with you – do you have space for it right now, or is there a time soon that we can talk?” as opposed to just dumping it all on the table at an inopportune moment. This alignment of Mercury and Saturn can relate to the care that we show for timing, and the wisdom we have for not being reckless with speaking, unthinking of the impact it might have. Ideally this is not about suppression, by the way – but intentionality and grace.
Venus in 5 Libra opposite Chiron retrograde in 5 Aries: 11:55 AM PST
(Image: Marina Abramovic)
- Pain points or wounds can get triggered in relationship with this transit. This can spark greater wholeness and integration if we move with it. It is deeper than the situation at hand.
- John Welwood, a psychotherapist who writes about love, has defined love as “sacred combat with a worthy opponent”. We may be blessed with people in our lives who will engage in conflict with us and who we feel well-matched with in that way. This is different than relating to people from a perspective of not wanting to rock the boat or have any kind of discord. To experience love and connection while also feeling opposed can be transformative for all involved.
November 3, 2020
Mercury stations direct in 25 Libra: 9:50 AM PST
Mercury is now direct, and will re-enter Scorpio on November 10. Mercury leaves retrograde shadow on November 19.
- This will be a literal Mercury mood for the United States – Mercury stationing direct on Election Day and masses of people tuning into the deliverance of a message, the election results. As with Mercury retrograde and Mercury stations relating to delays, we have already been prepared this year with the possibility that the election results will not be clear the day of.
- Given that Mercury is also stationing at a square aspect to Jupiter, Pluto, and Saturn in Capricorn, there can be a slowness/delay of messages in general as well as a greater degree of mental tension. Try to be practical in how you allocate your mental energy and not dwell too much on theoretical anxiety before you have the information you are waiting for (speaking more generally now, as well!).
- In the space of the unknown is where we can make the most mental leaps in creating stories that are based off of fear. This does provide raw data into the subconscious though. If you notice you are running stories in the absence of concrete information, this is a window into your subconscious beliefs and values. You can change the script with some intention and reinforcement – Mercury is a magician after all.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! If you would like further guidance, I have been increasingly focused on longer-term 1:1 work with my students and clients, in the form of mentorship – helping people form a depth relationship to their natal chart and personal transits over time, to develop themselves, to heal, and to reach their goals, all through the soul-making lens of evolutionary astrology. If you’re interested in working together in that capacity, I am currently accepting new clients. Send me an email at email@example.com to start a conversation and set up a free consultation call.
Find me on Instagram @sabrinamonarch and Twitter @Sabrina_monarch, get on my mailing list to stay apprised of all upcoming offerings and events, and I’ll see you next week!