The astrological news I have to deliver for you is more tense than normal! Mars closes in for a t-square with the ongoing Saturn-Uranus square this week. The Saturn-Uranus square is a major transit of 2021 that relates to breakdown and breakthrough, and confrontations we may be facing around a need for change or innovation. These confrontations could be happening in our mental health, our financial life, our workplace, our relationships, our families, and so on. There is the historic structure of what has been (Saturn) facing off with the liberating impulses of the future (Uranus). While some of these innovations may be positive and needed, it doesn’t make the confrontational nature of this transit easy.
Mars adds a certain intensification, emphasis, and even severity to the dynamic of events happening right now. We may need to know the difference between where we are meant to engage, and where we ought to practice restraint. Many people are under psychological and circumstantial pressure at this time, which means that you’re not alone but also… the field is wild. I would advise not draining your energy by placing yourself in situations that are not for you to be in, and being cautious about what burdens you identify with having to carry.
As for the truth of what is YOURS to work with at this catalyzing time… the confrontation can constellate your most pressing and frustrating limitations to become more glaringly obvious to you. How will you hold this awareness? Breakthroughs are also available, the shadow of the breakthrough being that there is something to break through.
NOW, I am still mid-Kickstarter during this very dramatic week! This week, your backing of a year ahead of these forecasts is all the more heroic to me because I understand that we may be dealing with a lot! When you have a spare moment to plant some ~Uranian~ energy into the field dynamic you’re a part of, supporting this astrologer and gifting yourself something from the campaign could be a beautiful seed to plant for the future! Including pre-enrolling in the next run of the Intensive (beginning this November) at half-off tuition.
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the zeitgeist feels like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox and be notified of upcoming educational opportunities, sign up for my mailing list here.
Watch this week’s forecast on YouTube or keep reading below:
Here’s our week after a few announcements!
Kickstarter to fund the seventh year of Monarch Astrology, as well as a year ahead of the Magic of the Spheres podcast!
Monarch Astrology just turned seven! To kick of the seventh year of weekly content creation, I’m asking for your financial support for the year ahead. If you enjoy these forecasts and/or Magic of the Spheres podcast, please support them. They require hours of work a week, in addition to work I do creating curriculum, teaching, and working 1:1 with clients. Every single backer counts, so I ask you to take this message very personally 🙂 There are many exciting rewards – talks, courses, astrology readings – to choose from for backers! Check out the Kickstarter and pledge here. The minimum we need for funding is 12k, and I have a push goal of 20k+. I also have a goal of having 116+ backers.
🐝 Announcing IMAGE HIVE: a LIVE COURSE on creative writing available through the Kickstarter!Image Hive explores the craft of creative writing, drawing in influences from poetry and literary fiction. Image Hive derives its title from the idea that a writer is a collector of images: that it is our capacity to have vision (of all kinds) that underlies our word craft.
Image Hive is available through the Kickstarter funding the seventh year of content creation, Monarch Astrology and Magic of the Spheres podcast as one of the backer rewards. Read more about Image Hive here.
Study Evolutionary Astrology with me! The new course dates have been announced. Catch a discount via the Kickstarter here. You can enroll early and get HALF-OFF through the Kickstarter currently. See the course page for more details and student testimonials.
New episodes of Magic of the Spheres!
I had a transportive conversation with Trina and Joshua of Om Training Group, who facilitate daily mindfulness meditation and walk mindfulness as a spiritual path. When tuning in, you’ll enter into the field of daily meditators – this is a place where perception widens and time “dilates” – there seems to be more bandwidth for picking up information and sensory input & a buffer between event & response – like more frames of time have opened up to create more space to respond instead of reacting, to make choices more freely. I found that this conversation brought me into an elevated state & I’m sure you’ll feel brightened by these transmissions too! Tune in where you listen to podcasts or on your browser here.
I felt inspired to record a story about my day and how I tracked the current astrology in my own experience. I’ve had some people express curiosity about how astrologers experience astrology in life, and I also feel like stories are important part of being human (to share and receive). I’m looking for more literature and storytelling in the world that depicts the complexity of our actual experiences (storytelling catches up to life) and astrologers are always seeing an expansive tapestry of symbols at play, everywhere. I wanted to offer a portrait of a day under a pretty catalyzing sky from the perspective of someone tracking the symbols & living alongside that. Tune in where you listen to podcasts. Or on your browser here.
Here’s our week:
July 1, 2021
Mars in 12 Leo opposite Saturn retrograde in 12 Aquarius: 6:08 AM PDT
Mars is really activating the Saturn-Uranus square, but for depth we’ll break down each relationship here (Mars-Saturn and Mars-Uranus). If you haven’t already watched my video on the Saturn-Uranus square, I recommend doing so for more context.
- When Mars and Saturn come together, there can be frustration. Mars as an archetype generally wants to move freely, speedily, and unobstructed. Saturn often relates to limitations and parameters. Mars-Saturn images could be: goals taking longer to achieve than desired, traffic, getting up too quickly and hitting one’s head.
- Mars and Saturn can both be forceful energies. Mars, relating to will and violence, and Saturn relating to impact and gravity. Soldiers, the military, or anyone who diligently trains at an athletic or martial art are also Mars-Saturn images. High impact sports like wrestling or boxing are also Mars-Saturn images.
- When Mars and Saturn come together, I really don’t think it hurts to be extra intentional and mindful when we are engaging in something risky even if it’s something we normally do – wielding knives, driving, or lifting heavy weights. Yoga and weight-training have taught me that losing awareness in a moment of action is where I am most likely to get injured. Proper form and appropriate caution (Saturn) can be an effectual channel for Martian energy to move through in a positive as opposed to damaging way.
- In this particular opposition with Mars in Leo and Saturn in Aquarius, there may be some tensions around materialization or manifestation. Mars in Leo may want flashy results or the most fun results now, but we may be facing certain realities around time or the necessity for patience. As a psychological frustration, we might be harsh in our appraisal of where we are at: we may not at this very moment be as excellent, as accomplished, etc… as we want to be. The ambition or desire nature of the inner-creator is not always reflected in reality – and this can feel disappointing. However, what we will do with the dissonance here? Any dissatisfaction or frustration that we may feel more intensely at this moment may be a thread leading us to a new confrontation with the passion of our desire, or our determination to level up in some way. Is our relationship with aspiration healthy, sober, coming from a place of self-worth? Or is the driver cruel and harsh, a drill sergeant?
- Alternately, where we are not so attached to particular results and are more attuned to the spontaneous or emergent nature of reality and our personal unfolding, there may be some creative activations and sudden inspirations. The more present or mindful we are, the more we might notice these inspirations speaking to us, guiding us to forms of play or exploration we hadn’t preconceived.
July 2, 2021
Mars in 12 Leo trine Chiron in 12 Aries: 1:42 AM PDT
Mars and Chiron form a grand fire trine with the South Node in Sagittarius. At the moment of this Mars-Chiron trine, the Moon will be in Aries conjunct Chiron. Mars is involved in multiple storylines this week – activating the Saturn-Uranus square by t-square but also linking up with Chiron, who relates to initiations and healing, and the South Node which is a karmic repository of the past. Some thoughts:
- Something about Mars’ involvements this week has me seeing images of the swords suit in the tarot, the cards where the figures are beset with anxiety. Or I see a tired, weighed-down, pouting lion as the four or swords, resting between battle, or this same lion in the ten of swords, bleeding out. Though the trine is an easeful or harmonious aspect, trines to Chiron just mean that the access to material around wounds and healing coming into the picture more easefully, which relates to rawness and tenderness in life. It is possible at this time that we are tired of hurting. Our aches or defeats are more apparently exhausting and draining. This sparks an attitude of being willing to let go of the behaviors, beliefs, and attitudes that bind us to these exhausting aches. It’s like we can see more clearly the drama we are playing out and we’re ready to be done with it.
- Topically, some things that may arise for healing and integration (or may appear to integrate on their own) could be our relationship with men/masculinity/the masculine or our relationship with courage, wanting to win or be the best. These themes may not be obvious to us, but more subtle.
July 3, 2021
Mars in 13 Leo square Uranus in 13 Taurus: 6:40 PM PDT
- Just as our limitations are more ferociously felt or understood with Mars-Saturn or even the Mars-Chiron-South Node grand trine, Mars-Uranus brings in a vigor for liberation. This astrology is incredibly tense – but it’s likely sparking some opening as well. We may open to a new way of approaching the situation that we hadn’t even imagined before.
- There can be some constellation here of feeling burdened or under pressure, and then also having a drive for fun or spontaneous experiences as a relief valve for that pressure or as a natural psychological impulse to deal with the pressure. Saturn is still constellated in this picture. So think of serious play, or ritual, or the importance of fun. Mars-Uranus does kind of want to go wild without limits, and there can be emphasized genius or awakening energy here. But Mars-Saturn may relate to more restraint or need for restraint. You can see how Mars is engaging with two very different impulses right now.
- There may be a lot of motivation to innovate right now and/or try something new in relationship to the places in life we’ve previously felt limited or blocked. Those previous feelings of limitation can feel like a spring-loaded coil that activates when we recognize a liberating opportunity. It’s like we needed to feel so deeply limited, in order to embrace change.
July 4, 2021
Sun in 12 Cancer square Chiron in 12 Aries: 8:39 AM PDT
- There is some friction here between the desire to be oneself and to act freely versus the desire to belong. This leaving-home tension is as old as an individual soul deciding to incarnate as a separate being instead of being one with the Source.
- Many people do not feel free in their family systems – free to be themselves without conflict or ridicule or withholding of love. This sets up a question of what battles are we called to fight? Do we fight for our autonomy of expression and to be seen as we are (Chiron in Aries)? Are we in the position to accept others as they are?
- In the Hero’s Journey, the call to adventure takes one away from home or the known. After the adventure, there is the return home – a reintegration process, and a sharing of what has been learned with the community. Both the leaving and the returning are key points of initiation: one, the courage to go it alone, and two the courage to come back and share what has been learned. Both points hold tension. To leave is to enter the unknown. To return with what we’ve learned, how we’ve changed, and what we now have to share, is to risk the rejection and conservatism of others. And yet this archetypal stage of the journey is also what advances families and societies in their evolution. How are we resisting this process – how are we facilitating it?
July 5, 2021
Sun in 13 Cancer sextile Uranus in 13 Taurus: 12:14 PM PDT
July 6, 2021
Mercury in 23 Gemini square Neptune retrograde in 23 Pisces: 12:40 AM PDT
- Mercury’s recent retrograde intimately involved this square, since Mercury stationed while in a square aspect to Neptune and remained in that square the entire time. Mercury and Neptune have been in conversation for more than a month, and as this transit exacts it also represents Mercury moving away from this square conversation as Mercury picks up soon to enter the sign of Cancer.
- This transit may have offered many pathways for the mystical, intuitive, visionary mind. It could have been a time of greater openness to magical ideas or the magic of symbolism.
- Anxiety – or negative imagination – may have also been a theme. The capacity to lock things down into knowns or facts is simply more nebulous under Mercury-Neptune. Certain situations in our lives may have pressed us to explore our relationship with faith and trust, in the face of not being able to have clear answers.
Venus in 12 Leo opposite Saturn retrograde in 12 Aquarius: 7:36 PM PDT
- Just as Mars came in to create a t-square with Saturn and Uranus, Venus follows suit and is close behind Mars.
- This Venus-Mars conjunction in relationship to the Saturn-Uranus square could act as a burst of empowerment to pursue our values. We may feel more intimately aware of the impasse we face and what feels missing, and then more especially geared up to do something constructive about it.
- Making positive choices or being constructive/innovative is not the same thing as applying unnecessary force. Where we are being too forceful, there is a reflection, and we may want to stay open and sensitive to these reflections. You cannot externally force open a flower without damaging it. You might want the experience of openness or bloom, but you cannot squeeze yourself into it or force it to happen. How do you more sensitively drop in? How do you warm up to a desired experience? How do you open at a true pace? When is a sudden opening (Venus-Uranus, Mars-Uranus) also true?
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! If you would like further guidance, I have been increasingly focused on longer-term experiences in the form of the Evolutionary Astrology Intensive, higher level courses for alumni, and 1:1 mentorship – helping people form a depth relationship to their natal chart and personal transits over time, to develop themselves, to be in their power, and to reach their goals, all through the soul-making lens of evolutionary astrology. I would love to support you in building your relationship with astrology. The intensive is currently in session but will be offered again in the autumn, and I am to take on new coaching clients again in the future.
Find me on Instagram @sabrinamonarch, get on my mailing list to stay apprised of all upcoming offerings and events, and I’ll see you next week!
If you enjoy these forecasts, please help crowdfund a year ahead via the Kickstarter! Tuition for the next intensive is half-off though the Kickstarter campaign.
(Top photograph: Jeffrey Conley)