The meditation & image that comes through most prominently for this week is: crisp cold air; a person thinking to themselves; a person connecting with a stream of thought that is beyond the current moment (and can perhaps be alienating socially); a quiet room; the attempt to build a bridge between worlds; the pregnant gap in time before a signal is successfully transmitted.
I source this meditation mostly from the Sun in Scorpio squaring Saturn in Aquarius this week. The icy cold part of this transit appears to me as loneliness, but there is an interesting ecstasy to be had here as well. Saturn archetypally relates to the melancholic who is prone to bouts of ecstasy – the person whose consciousness is so deep and perhaps detached/removed from the groupthink that a person occupies a much less populated pocket of existence and thought. This is the deep well of our unique personhood, the place of psychic space, and also the deepest place we wish to be met when it comes to intimacy or recognition for our inner truth or gifts.
The transit itself does not determine if we happen to feel lonely or separate, versus if we are experiencing a peak moment of integration where our signal so to say resonates with the signal of another at long last.
It takes a certain kind of inner-strength to hold the parts of ourselves that don’t feel readily mirrored by others or by the culture. These are parts of ourselves we may split off from, repress, or put into shadow. But should we hold the psychic tension of these parts of ourselves, we can take part in the process of threading these parts of ourselves into our everyday life – our relationships, our community. This is essentially what we do when we’ve taken hours to work on a project alone, and then we share it with the broader world.
To bring back the thread around ecstasy, if we approve of our space (the part of us that is more ‘rare’ and less socially contacted) or make space for ourselves in that way, we get to touch our channel. If you’ve thought about your legacy for example, you’re less rooted in just today and you’re thinking about the generations to come after you. So you might quiet the noise of the day-to-day for a moment to think about a bigger span of time, your bigger dreams, the deepest aspirations of your soul. And you touch that material, thread it into your day-to-day, and watch it integrate with your mundane life. Alienation (or psychic aloneness) can be temporary, and it requires us to not be squeamish when confronting the utter gravity of the life of the soul.
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the zeitgeist feels like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox and be notified of upcoming educational opportunities, sign up for my mailing list here.
Watch this week’s forecast on YouTube with added commentary, or keep reading below:
Here’s our week after a few announcements!
BEGINNING SOON – LAST DAY TO ENROLL IS NOVEMBER 5TH
The Evolutionary Astrology Intensive is an immersive all-levels experience to deepen your personal, felt relationship with astrology and be initiated into the language and wisdom school of Evolutionary Astrology, a branch of astrology that approaches natal charts from the perspective of the soul’s evolution across an arc of many lifetimes. Students continually report gaining more from this course than they could have imagined, which could be due to the fact that we study the outer planets, which represent forces beyond ordinary reality. Learn more and enroll here.
As someone who has self-studied astrology for years, Sabrina’s course provided me with the perfect container for accelerated growth. The course materials perfectly exemplified Sabrina’s unique approach to astrology. She sources creative and regenerative channeled insights through deep devotion towards studying the archetypes and the technical aspects of astrology. Prior to joining, I was always mystified as to how one manages to achieve this level of mastery. Through the course, Sabrina masterfully guided us and held space for us to develop not just an intellectual or philosophical understanding of the system, but more importantly a felt sense of these archetypes. The structure and inherent discipline of the container served to finely tune our intuitive capabilities. By the end of the course, I felt like I, too, am capable of developing my own relationships with and build insights from these astrological archetypes. The video content that makes up the weekly modules are deeply illuminating, and highly inspiring. While Sabrina’s content is always of the highest quality, her tone is inviting, warm, and friendly. The experience is akin to having a fireside chat with a good friend who just happens to be highly skilled astrologer. I have no doubt that I will revisit them often for the rest of my astrological journey. In addition, the students that Sabrina attracted to this container are highly committed, engaged, mature, curious, and compassionate seekers. Through Sabrina’s tutelage, a common astrological language emerged within the group’s consciousness through the course. It was a beautiful and healing experience to witness this community forming and supporting each other. If you’ve been thinking about the course, I highly recommend you join this beautiful container! – Jonathan Koe, https://www.nateqimusic.com
Here’s our week:
October 28, 2021
Venus in 22 Sagittarius sextile Jupiter in 22 Aquarius: 12:15 PM PDT
- When Venus and Jupiter come together under a harmonic aspect like this, it is easily a party transit: the good things and good times in life are magnified (and this aspect will last throughout the weekend!). Enjoy this transit by taking part in celebration or activities which are just for the sake of fun itself.
- A potential edge to this transit is that we find ourselves as travelers in a new and perhaps strange land metaphorically speaking – that the fun or celebration to be had simply has the admission price that we can find presence, opportunity, and levity, in situations that don’t match our ordinary expectations or may even be lacking according to our expectations. And, where we welcome this, the novelty can be adventurous.
- At a social level, there may be something around inviting others into an experience: the guide or facilitator who creates the opening for a liminal ritual space, the host(ess) who sets the tone for the night, the friend(s) who come up with an idea and rally people around it. Here there is some quality of having a vision and bridging that vision with the social world or even the mundane social world. Notice how a room full of people will have a different kind of conversation if no topic is suggested or no container is set, versus if a magnanimous host offers an invitation for discussion or a kind of game that will be played.
- In individual relationship, one or both parties may have a vision they want to bridge with the other – a world that is not yet seen by both, but it is wished that both would be collaborating. It is possible that rather than fighting for the cause, there may be some desire to illuminate the path and spark the other’s enthusiasm. This is a different kind of action than opposing/fighting (even if opposition is subtly involved) – it involves more Venus’ desire for charm and magnetism.
October 30, 2021
Sun in 7 Scorpio square Saturn in 7 Aquarius: 2:53 AM PDT
(Image: Seaspun by Soe)
- Years ago when I first encountered manifestation teachings (law of attraction, you create your own reality, etc.) I found it incredible that one could actually work with these principles deeply and creatively, but that these teachings are also easily critiqued as superficial (too much “love and light”) or socially irresponsible (as in what groups of people actually have more or less opportunity to create freely, away from systems of oppression). At a deeper level, taking into account the complexity and nuances of one’s social reality, I found these teachings fascinating because they emphasized that by remaining detached (Aquarius) enough from your present reality, and merging emotionally (Scorpio) with your ideals (Aquarius) and desires (Scorpio), you could magnify them in your life.
- A challenge with this square is how emotionally bonded we are with particular matrices of thought – systems or bodies of thought, as represented by Aquarius. There are many thought-channels, but we can get emotionally fixated (Scorpio) upon particular ones. A person who is very emotionally attached to the conventional path (as prescribed by their family and culture of origin) may compress themselves and any stray desire to fit that path. A person less attached to the prescribed narrative of the social reality around them may have more agency to move about reality in an innovative way – merging and bonding with opportunities that someone on the conventional path would not dare to try out.
- The creative tension between Scorpio and Aquarius is that we can invest our energy from a place of freedom. I noticed a meme has been going around lately telling people to stop imagining apocalypse and instead imagine heaven on earth — the apocalypse channel is popular (many people are tapped into that futuristic fearful vision, however much they rationalize it), but the person who is tapping into a blissful and more ideal future has the opportunity to become a channel for inspired vision, which can be powerful when implemented and threaded into reality. Becoming skillful at holding the psychic tension between noticing the shadow or the gritty parts of reality and also being free enough emotionally to relate with a vast spectrum of experience (underworld and heaven alike) is an alchemical gift.
- The Sun square Saturn in these signs could also relate to the experience of feeling socially alienated. Examples: the single person who deeply desires a partnership, the entrepreneur whose business is not socially recognized enough yet for it to be stabilized/successful yet, the writer who is not yet published or noticed, the person who feels different than their local community or desires more friends, the artist who does not yet feel understood. There may be a significant drive here to merge the worlds – to arrive at the place of social integration and satiation of one’s desire: to be in that relationship, to be successful, to have friends, to have your art received. Those are valid desires. And, do not underestimate the position of being in that liminal space for the time that you are. It is one thing to be rooted in a particular community in a particular moment in time – but what about being rooted to something that individuates you from your place and time (hence the alienation)? There are opportunities to share that vision with the collective or be seen, to weave those world, but some parts of that path do happen more solitarily for a period of time and there is definite hermetic magic to that part of the journey. Can you be deeply present with yourself (not abandon yourself or split off) when you feel alone?
- This moment in time could represent one of those times of feeling alienated (and with that also having an opportunity for psychic and personal space to drop deeper into your journey) or weaving the development that happened in a more solitary/solo phase into something more social: sharing what you’ve learned with community, sharing the gifts you’ve developed, being seen in intimate partnership after a lot of personal development, etc. We may be experiencing both of these tracks (alienation or integration), in different areas of life.
Mars enters Scorpio: 7:21 AM PDT
- Mars enters his traditional home in Scorpio (co-ruling Aries and Scorpio), bringing a certain simplicity and ease to Martian matters (willpower, energy, assertion of will). Mars in Scorpio is strategic, and also receptive here in a water sign. This is the kind of warrior that deeply takes in an environment as part of their way of moving through a space – such that they can camouflage or hide at will, or act/strike at will. Mars in Scorpio also reminds me of serpent magic. In Animal Speak by Ted Andrews, Andrews writes of the snake, “A snake attacks quickly. It raises itself up and strikes quick, hard, and true to its mark. It is not unusual to find that those with this totem can respond the same way if need be. It is best not to anger snake people. Although slow to lose their tempers, once lost, their bite is quick, sharp, and direct. They almost always hit their mark. They may end up swallowing you whole or just poisoning you in someway.”
- Mars cuts and severs, and Scorpio can relate to the way that we stew or simmer in angst, resentment, or toxicity – Mars in Scorpio can be quite an ally here in moving more cleanly through life – asserting our will with simplicity and grace that allows us to not be so enmeshed with resentment. The encounters I’ve had of disagreement or conflict resolution with Mars in Scorpio people have been amazing teachers for me: such clarity and precision around needs, requests, boundaries, actually making the way for increased connection without murky undigested issues or resentments floating around in the space. We could even consider this a kind of emotional/energetic/relational victory.
- Before getting to this place of simplicity where our will is deeply aligned with our emotional intelligence, the struggle of this Mars transit through this sign can be honest emotional confrontation with ourselves. How can we address something we won’t even admit? Mars in Scorpio could relate to emotional courage, as well as a process of inner-purification by which we clean up and at least acknowledge our own resentments as best we can before projecting them onto another – and yet, still have the confrontations or dialogues that need to be had, just from a more empowered and self-possessed place where possible.
October 31, 2021
Mercury in 22 Libra trine Jupiter in 22 Aquarius: 9:18 PM PDT
See next delineation below.
November 2, 2021
Mercury in 24 Libra square Pluto in 24 Capricorn: 2:39 AM PDT
- When Mercury first stationed retrograde in Libra on September 26, Mercury was making these contacts to Jupiter and Pluto. Mercury stationed direct on October 18 in opposition to Chiron in Aries, and then made their way back to this starting gate. The Mercury retrograde may have been especially psychologically activating, and now we come out through the same gate we started, though perhaps much has changed, been revealed, been unearthed.
- A significant theme may have been communication in our relationships (Mercury in Libra!) and how this intersected with our deep-seated expectations (Pluto in Capricorn) and how we have had to negotiate with others or shift our expectations to address situational conflicts or deeper disparities in values or desires between parties. What did you learn about communication this retrograde cycle and what threads are you still working with?
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! If you would like further guidance, I have been increasingly focused on longer-term experiences in the form of the Evolutionary Astrology Intensive, higher level courses for alumni, and 1:1 mentorship – helping people form a depth relationship to their natal chart and personal transits over time, to develop themselves, to be in their power, and to reach their goals, all through the soul-making lens of evolutionary astrology. I would love to support you in building your relationship with astrology. The intensive is now open for enrollment, and I am to take on new coaching clients again in the future.
Find me on Instagram @sabrinamonarch, get on my mailing list to stay apprised of all upcoming offerings and events, and I’ll see you next week!
(Top image: Giorgio de Chirico)