Mercury and Venus in Capricorn each aspect Chiron in Aries this week, suggesting that we may be inclined toward pragmatic actions and boundaries that facilitate a deeper sense of self-respect.
This being said, the vision of how to do that, when coming from immature, uninitiated, or wounded parts of the self would obviously look a lot different than the visions that emerge from the true, empowered, mature, integral, etc. aspect of self.
The Aries-Capricorn square has taught me how one can do the “right” things and end up in a place of control where one knows how to behave appropriately but masks other impulses that are happening internally.
Like when we want to throw a tantrum, but we act with the utmost decorum instead. Like when we restrict the spontaneous expressions of “being ourselves” so that we can appear put together or not look like a total fool/idiot/insert judgmental name here.
What is beyond simply acting appropriately and repressing the inappropriate from a place of control – is initiating the parts of self that are younger, that are in pain, that have some unmet need.
It would be consulting the grandmother tree, the wise person, and/or a rooted place of wisdom within and considering how to handle the turbulent emotions or life impasse responsibly. Not just responsibly in terms of doing the right thing in the eyes of society, but what would actually be responsible spiritually in the unfolding life of our soul having this incarnate experience.
And as we have breakthroughs in this arena, deeper and more grounded love, and a depth in our capacity for it, is met.
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the zeitgeist feels like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox and be notified of upcoming educational opportunities, sign up for my mailing list here.
(Top image: David Luong)
Watch this forecast on YouTube, or keep reading below:
Here’s our week after a few announcements:
DRAGON OF THE MOON: AN EVOLUTIONARY ASTROLOGY INITIATION – STARTING FEBRUARY 2023
Previously titled the Evolutionary Astrology Intensive, this course is being offered again under a new name, Dragon of the Moon: an Evolutionary Astrology Initiation. This program is designed to give students a footing in their own astrological intuition and literacy, and we journey specifically into a deeper understanding of Pluto and the lunar nodes, and how to read charts from the perspective of the soul. We learn how to decode the inherent meaning or value in every experience we’ve ever had (as the soul explicitly learns through experience), and with this insight, also gain the power to make new choices and tell new stories. An understanding of Pluto and the nodes in the natal chart leads to a profound meditation on our deepest desires and inclinations in this life, and the personality structures we’ve created to secure those desires. By examining this material in a grounded, mythopoetic, compassionate space (of the program) we get to uncover new ways that we might relate to our deepest motivations in more life-enhancing ways. The natal chart can guide us into discovering how the story we’ve been living as a soul wants to continue. I have found these teachings invaluable as I’ve grown up alongside them and built my life in relationship to them, and I’m honored to share it with the amazing, tight-knit communities that form around this alchemical fire.
This is a ritual that will take place in our inner vision, to call back home to ourselves places we have strayed into fantasy of what could have, should have been.
It is one thing to grieve – but it’s another to believe that life slipped us by.
The moments or seasons that we’ve caught of profound fulfillment and resonance with our lives were birthed out of being present, being connected to the pulse of Eros. In these moments, our visions of perfection and paradise matched our material circumstances.
We’ve taken the risk to open and to say yes to our desires in the past, and when we’ve watched them disintegrate before our eyes — it’s painful. There was something on the line we felt invested in, attached to, something we hoped for. And yet -
As a point of energetic hygiene…
As a point of reconnection with life…
We will take the time to come back home to ourselves, to return stray and lost fantasies to the original energetic of desire, where they can be recycled into life’s next ecstasy. THE PULSE OF EROS in the now, the present alive Eros.
This visualization event is for anyone who feels the call to bring more of their desire back online and to affirm that life is happening now.
December 30 at 1 PM Pacific, live, with recording available to those who register. $22
Here’s our week:
December 14, 2022
Sun in 22 Sagittarius square Neptune in 22 Pisces: 9:10 AM PST
(Image: Riika Auvinen)
- A basic pattern of manifestation is: thought and emotion turns into actions and actions turn into results. We see less dense aspects of reality become more crystallized and dense: an idea turns into an object, the blueprint of a building turns into a real building.
- The Sun in Sagittarius (fire) and Neptune in Pisces (water) can relate to a visionary process of manifestation (Sun) that is happening at the moment. For those on the northern hemisphere experiencing the approach of winter, it is like the quiet, snow-covered sleepiness that sends us deeper into the dreamworld. We are in a phase of dreaming and imaging, familiarizing ourselves with feelings and impressions that will later inspire our actions and plans.
Mercury in 11 Capricorn square Chiron retrograde in 11 Aries: 9:21 PM PST
(Image: unknown source)
- At a mental level, Mercury in Capricorn could represent sobriety and the pursuit of “getting a grip”, “getting it together”. While the shadow of this is of course, repression – the gift is cutting excess, of ceasing to be indulgent in places where it is ultimately not helpful.
- The square to Chiron in Aries (which can relate to wounds around personhood, the wound of feeling rejected, wounds around one’s confidence or capacity to take initiative) suggests there is some tension at the moment between mental management of one’s ‘issues’ and the issues themselves.
- There could be an overall sense of feeling depressed because one lacks confidence, or the presence of libido to overcome challenges and emerge victorious from hardship.
- The growing urge here for self-respect and feeling grounded in one’s authority (and having a mental process or making choices that reflect that) may reveal that some of our attempts to get there could be renovated or reviewed, a breakthrough could be at hand.
- For example, we might realize that we are addicted to the story and patterning of working hard for victories, that we call in certain initiations and challenges to prove ourselves. It could be appropriate to find other ways to connect with self-esteem rather than calling in dramas that serve to invite us to prove it.
- Likewise, we might realize that the mental excess we go to in self-pity is energy that could be reclaimed toward creating something valuable in our lives that might require our discipline and focus to actually get on track. In this case, taking on an initiation (a project worth our time) could be mentally/emotionally transformative.
- In other words, the ways that we create mental strategies (conscious or not) to deal with pain or wounding could be up for some kind of shift. The Mercury-Chiron square happens at the last quarter phase, which signals a “crisis in consciousness” as well as the potential for breakthrough.
December 16, 2022
Last quarter Moon in 24 Virgo: 12:56 AM PST
- Sagittarius (where the Sun is) is not as interested in details as Virgo is. Sagittarius prefers the bigger picture and seeing the whole vision, while it is also true that the details are part of how the vision itself is realized/executed.
- The Moon forms a conjunction with asteroid Ceres here, which is an asteroid that relates to the myths of Demeter, Persephone and Hades and related themes of descent into the underworld, cyclical renewal, our relationship with nourishment. In Virgo, nourishment can be found in the details.
- Consider if there is internal disagreement between the mundane details and the daily routines of life (and if they feel mundane) and a grander sense of purpose and vision. Is one being neglected, over the other? This could lead us to pause our busy-ness of activity and find a moment of connection with Spirit, or likewise to descend down from the clouds and take care of items on our to-do list we’ve been neglecting.
- The last quarter moon in Virgo could also serve as a checkpoint to meditate/align with feeling the grander vision of our life fractally in the small moments, so that we are less myopic about our destination and more present with the entire journey there.
December 17, 2022
Mercury in 15 Capricorn trine Uranus retrograde in 15 Taurus: 1:36 PM PST
- Mercury first contacted an asteroid relating to wounding & healing and now contacts a planet related to trauma, breakthrough, genius, and the higher mind. We could think of Uranus like a nervous system: how trauma can hijack the system or an event can trigger a thread related to trauma, versus how free or open or receptive we might be to channeling frequencies or stations of consciousness. How we have practices or tools to tune our nervous system, to tune the mind, to access different states of being.
- The Mercury-Uranus connection in earth signs could allude to pragmatic activities we engage to create harmony in our various systems we are embedded in (our own nervous system, our relationship with the ecosystem, our relationship with social systems or groupthink).
- The trine here could also relate to the relative ease at which we stay stagnant in our patterns, and the choice or intention that is involved in breaking the pattern. I recognize this in myself at times I’m looping over something or am really not in a great state of being, but I feel resistance to changing my state even though I have many tools to be able to do so. Eventually I become curious about what kind of life I could have if I said yes to the opening to life instead – and this becomes the practice.
- We might notice the moments we are engaged in a type of consciousness that is like a stuffy room: what would it mean to go outside for a walk or to open the window, metaphorically speaking? When we free ourselves, what is the ripple effect – what new inspirations do we set into motion?
Ceres in 29 Virgo opposite Jupiter in 29 Pisces: 9:51 PM PST
- At times we feel a split between the magic and the mundane, or a split between the high dream and ideal of our lives versus the monotony of an everyday that doesn’t reflect that vision.
- The more agonized we are by this, we can be prone to addiction and fantasy as a way of chasing the high.
- As a point of feeling truly nourished, we may consider how we bridge these realms – how we find ceremony and magic in the everyday, how we infuse inspiration into our lives. What are the small steps (Virgo) we can take to get there, what is the portal available at any given moment? Then as a practice or a way of life (many steps combined) we see reality shape in conversation with the way we’ve mused it through many small actions.
December 18, 2022
Ceres enters Libra: 3:27 PM PST
Ceres will stay in Libra until September 15, 2023.
- Ceres in Libra could bring up themes around how reciprocity nourishes us, or where our misguided relationship with reciprocity pulls us under into emotional underworlds.
- Reciprocity as nourishment could mean how we discover the ways in which being of service or offering our gifts and energy into ecosystems around us actually taps us into a higher quality of life, not just for the way it improves our relationships but for all the ways we are also fed and nourished by these relationships. It is a different approach to think of how we could be of service, rather than what we can extract and get.
- “Reciprocity” as a pull into an emotional underworld could be like when we are strategic about giving to the point that we expect certain things in return from certain sources. It is fair to have boundaries and desires in relationship. But where is our interpretation of balance or how things should be in balance, off, and a cause then of suffering?
- Consider, along this vein, the energetic of the ways that people hold back their gift from Life itself because of a mental calculation of what’s in it for them (and then Life responds, as well, by withholding). The opposite side of this pendulum is over-giving, over-extending oneself and not having energy or resources left for one’s own needs.
December 19, 2022
Venus in 11 Capricorn square Chiron retrograde in 11 Aries: 8:23 AM PST
(Image: bjork by glen luchford)
- This echoes the Mercury in Capricorn – Chiron in Aries square detailed above in that it is also a last quarter phase square, which indicates “crisis in consciousness” and the potential for breakthrough.
- With Venus in Capricorn, we are looking at our pragmatism in love, and the ways this serves connection and the healing that naturally comes from connection or if our vision of pragmatism in love is a perpetuation of the wounds we are seeking to protect ourselves from.
- There may also be a dynamic about the ways we engage boundaries in relationship around our energy, time, commitment, etc. in relationship to our needs around sovereignty and independence (Chiron in Aries).
- There could be something here around healing the unnecessary pain we create in ourselves and in our relationships when we polarize purpose and love. The two can vie for time and energy but there may be a breakthrough at hand in how to relate to the dynamic, and how we can see them as supporting each other (or what changes we might need to make in our lives accordingly).
Mars retrograde in 11 Gemini sextile Chiron retrograde in 11 Aries: 2:38 PM PST
- At the time of this sextile, Mars and Chiron form a yod to the Moon, the south node, and asteroid Psyche in Scorpio.
- This is pointing to some need potentially, around release – letting go of toxins that show up in our inner world as obsessions, resentments, and psychological/emotional addictions.
- Mars retrograde has likely been putting us in contact with frustrations, triggers, and things that have heated our system up and shown us where we feel thwarted, unable to move or act as we’d like, or haunted by anxieties/thoughts/perspectives that are notably creating distress for us.
- So what if we had a perspective shift that these frustrations that are swirling around in our field are being flushed out and purged (yod pointing to the south node, a release point), and we facilitated that somehow?
December 20, 2022
Jupiter re-enters Aries: 6:32 AM PST
Jupiter was last in Aries May 10, 2022 – October 28, 2022, retrograded back into Pisces, and is now re-entering Aries and will be here until May 16, 2023.
Listen to a Magic of the Spheres episode where S.J. Anderson and I discussed Jupiter in Aries.
Thank you for meditating on the transits with me! If you would like further guidance, I have been increasingly focused on longer-term experiences in the form of Dragon of the Moon: an Evolutionary Astrology Initiation and my higher level course METEORITE for alumni – helping people form a depth relationship to their natal chart and personal transits over time, to develop themselves, to be in their power, and to reach their goals, all through the soul-making lens of evolutionary astrology. I would love to support you in building your relationship with astrology. Dragon of the Moon is currently open for applications and METEORITE 2022 is currently in session.
Find me on Instagram @sabrinamonarch, get on my mailing list to stay apprised of all upcoming offerings and events, and I’ll see you again soon!
(Please be mindful of scams on instagram. I will not solicit you in your DMs for readings, and any accounts with variations of spelling/punctuation of my actual profile (@sabrinamonarch) are impersonation scams.)