This week starts with a New Moon in Gemini on the 25th in harmonic aspect to Vesta in Leo. Throughout the week personal (and often associated with love) planets Mars and Venus form aspects to Pluto, Saturn and Uranus. Mars in Gemini will highlight the recent Saturn-Uranus trine and bring the nature of this larger theme into the scope of a more personalized consciousness. A recurring theme of the week is how we harmonize cleverness and heart; rather than developing one without the other.
And welcome! if you’re new here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m an Evolutionary Astrologer writing to you from Olympia, Washington this week. I hope you find these downloads helpful in your process of aligning meaningfully with the cosmos. I’d love to hear your thoughts, experiences and reflections in the comments below today or as the week goes on. These forecasts come out every week and if you’d like to get them straight to your inbox you can sign up for my mailing list here. And if you’ve been here week to week, thank you for your continued readership! Be sure to check out the announcements at the bottom of this forecast in regards to an upcoming e-book about how to learn astrology and how you can get a copy.
(Top image: Nester Formentera)
Here’s our week:
Venus in Aries square Pluto in Capricorn: 9:19 AM PDT
- Along the nature of the development of the Soul, we are inspired to begin new projects or endeavors which break up deep, structural stagnancies. We might be more aware than usual of the desires/interests that both fascinate and repel us. Venus in Aries square Pluto can represent emergent values of a taboo nature – “I’ve always wanted this but I’m not supposed to want it.” The fears involved in these storylines diminish over an arch of space and time in which action toward the symbol of attraction is taken. Our inner-judge deliberates upon whether our fear is founded in authority/intuition or whether it is a vibration of resistance which can be a symbol of something powerful wishing to emerge within, beyond the gate of that initial resistance.
- When it comes to enduring, entrenched patterns (within Pluto in Capricorn), Venus in Aries can play a transitionary role of shaking things up and arousing change. Squares are natural tensions; and this transit carries with it something like the energy of a thunder storm.
- Watch for scenarios in which a challenge triggers transformation and growth. There is often the choice to resist or try to control reality such that this juncture does not have to end up in change. The most fantastic opportunities of this transit and enduring wellness comes from being sensitive to the way in which our experience asks us to grow and actually facilitating that, and we only really need to listen. When we don’t listen, difficult circumstances get louder as though to rouse us. Listen to what the theater of reality is actually showing you, and what it sparks within you as you decode its deeper messages. This path is least resistance, while trying to control appearances and discrepancies during a Pluto transit is the resistance.
New Moon in Gemini: 12:44 PM PDT
(Image: Milena Pavlovic Barili)
This New Moon in 4 degrees Gemini is sextile Vesta (temple goddess asteroid) in Leo. This suggests that there is an optional harmony between the intellect and the heart. I say optional because of the nature of the sextile aspect, as well as how cleverness is not necessarily motivated by heart, and some people feel this divide strongly. As an archetype, Gemini receives a lot of criticism for deceit, two-facedness, and manipulation. While not all people with strong Gemini or Mercury signatures reflect that trait, when people do it is often caused by having a highly developed agile mind/intellect without as much developed heart or sense of ethic.
The harmony between heart and cleverness is optional because those who play games and cheat the system by having the type of intellect to be able to do so may still be rewarded in some sense. However there will be a sense of something missing, some kind of missing satisfaction or feeling of purpose and true connection with others. When Leo/heart energy, on the other hand, is too “noble” to be clever or play games, this extreme can lead to self-sacrifice in which a person’s scruples truly hold them back.
This New Moon reflects an opportunity to harmonize these forces. Are we being clever to actualize our creative potentials? And if not, why? Where do you go too far in terms of being “noble” at detriment and where does your ability to get what you want/manipulate situations leave you feeling empty or even dissociative?
In situations of diplomacy, for example, a person may adjust what nobility means by adopting signatures of respect that come from another culture or sub-culture. Being able to speak your heart is another example of harmony between Gemini and Leo. Open-hearted agility is a path. This is how our lunar month starts: see if there is a way in which the ever-shifting and opportunistic agility of your mind (cleverness) and the fixed, steady loyalty of your heart (Leo/Solar field) can cooperate.
Mercury in Taurus sextile Neptune in Pisces: 12:04 AM PDT
This sextile also forms a yod with Jupiter in Libra at the apex. Here are some potentials:
- Diplomacy and peacemaking between stubborn parties is a moment for transcendent shift.
- Stubbornness is a tool, not a great autopilot. Stubbornness has a purpose of allowing one to stand one’s ground and not bend where integrity would be lost by bending.
- It is increasingly important to understand the motivations of others involved and to discover common or coinciding goals. When the focus is taken off of right vs. wrong (and therefore one side earning and the other losing) and the picture is painted more holistically, diplomacy occurs.
- Resolutions may be compromises; and while compromise is sometimes noted with positive connotation it is also noted with negative connotation, like compromising one’s values. Certain situations can appear for resolution at this time that have no clear ideal solution – compromise and/or some transcendence of one’s previous lens of consciousness can occur.
- Watch for assumptions: when something is not known, receiving new information by asking questions (and being prepared to really listen to the answer) can allow for more authentic peace agreements, rather than agreements that are rooted in misinformation/projection.
Mars in Gemini opposite Saturn in Sagittarius: 11:54 PM PDT
(Image: Vlada Mirkovic)
- Mars is kind of stopped in his tracks here, opposite Saturn. It’s a moment to consider if there is a fundamental alignment between methodology, tactic, strategy AND a greater vision or even cosmology. When both sides of these poles are developed or equal, there is a notable kind of cooperation. When one is under-developed and the other is carrying extra weight, there can be issues.
- When a belief system or cosmology is overly rigid, Mars in Gemini can equalize that by initiating or collecting new experiences which shake-up those stagnancies. When Mars in Gemini is just off doing whatever seems instinctually right and nothing seems to be leading anywhere, envisioning a higher purpose or ideal can help streamline the process.
- Considering if you feel fundamentally more motivated by randomness/chaos and connecting the dots as you go without any clear plan, or if you are more motivated by having a very specific path/quest in which all other experiences are umbrella’d. Either without the other, or at least the occasional outlier, can feel oppressive. If you go far enough into either, usually something external will try to balance it…. have you ever tried to get your friend holding too fast to a belief you don’t think is really true for them to loosen up by doing something new? Or have you encouraged someone all over the place to pick a direction and commit to it?
Mars in Gemini sextile Uranus in Aries: 7:39 PM PDT
- Exciting new ideas or downloads (Uranus) which can be immediately acted upon even though it seems kind of urgent/weird. The entire picture may not be accessible, but perhaps a first step. The action in Mars and Gemini may even be airy and not fully tangible yet, still potent though as in the conviction or commitment to a thought form that is now electrically charged. Like heaven strikes and you’re pretty sure you’re going to sign up for some class or go on some trip and now you just have to find the way to say, afford it.
- Still this transit asks for cleverness with electricity – some ideas are meant to be acted on and others are just triggers, or like a domino effect within consciousness for something else. In terms of deciding how ideas are meant to be acted upon or not, consider judging how strong the signal is and if the signal remains or diminishes with time. The path of acting upon every excitement is *actually epic*, sometimes foolhardy and often full of reward. And while caution has it’s time and place, it may also be important to not be afraid of failure as failures often become stepping stones with invaluable lessons. As you are inspired, boldness is brilliant at this time.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! Leave your thoughts in the comments and share this article with your friends!
I devote thousands of hours to astrology study, practice and writing. Please support this weekly content by a monthly donation in the amount of your choosing at Patreon. This website and practice costs time and money to maintain. You can also count on me and my various Aries/Capricorn signatures to not get complacent but to continue to innovate and create content for you, especially as I am financially supported to do so.
When I reach my first goal at Patreon of $1000/month, I will release a free e-book about approaching the study of astrology. This book is a strategy-packed manual for those who want to learn astrology: from beginners and basics to advanced students and theory, these are techniques and insights that will advance your study of astrology, based on my experiences as both a self-taught astrologer & a student of other astrologers.
Sign up to become a Patron here. The more of you that sign up, the quicker the book will be available!
I also advertise my blog to attract more readers and this is an expense – many of you actually have found me that way. If you’d like to support me being able to expand my brand & reach, please contribute. This is how astrology can be sustainable for me as a living. Your word of mouth has always been appreciated, too! Essentially this blog & its free content is like a public service and I really do need your support! I get lots of amazing, heartening feedback that these forecasts mean a lot to you. Help me to continue creating by contributing here.
Sabrina Monarch is a soul-centered Evolutionary Astrologer who publishes weekly astrological forecasts. She has been collecting astrological experience for over a decade. She also enjoys kundalini and ashtanga yoga, hiking and creative writing.