I’ve been hearing a lot of accounts of increased sensitivity – we are now in Pisces Season, approaching a New Moon in Pisces this week and in the midst of Mercury retrograde in Pisces. Pisces is a very dreamy, sensitive, impressionable sign, and there can be a heightened sense of feeling affected or influenced in ways we normally possess a thicker skin. With Mars now in Capricorn and several transits this week with Mars, it’s also possible we are feeling more influenced by judgement, whether of ourselves or others.
As these dynamics combine – increased sensitivity and more proneness to sharp judgement – we have an opportunity to heal the inner-persecutor, whether we have pointed this force within or at others. There is a kind of judgement that is wise and loving, coming from a place of power and benevolence, the kind of judgement that allows us to no longer accept mistreatment or less than we are worth.
But there are also types of judgement which are righteous, cruel, separative, or scarring. So perhaps our increased sensitivity (for those of you feeling it) can be a good indicator of where we have taken it too far. What is really holding us back from forgiving? And do we believe we can still make good choices or have good boundaries from a place of love – and what would that look like?
If the sensitivity is really getting to you, do consider what it is you do that strengthens your aura. Utilize those supports – perhaps you work with crystals, yoga, or have routines that ground you.
The New Moon in Pisces this week is a time to initiate new dreams into our realities. Take a moment around the New Moon to visualize what you’d truly like to create in your experience. Don’t just dream of the finish line or the final result – visualize the steps in between so it’s more real to you!
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the vibe may feel like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox, sign up for my mailing list here.
🌟 Magic of the Spheres podcast is currently on hiatus until the springtime, but there are over 40 episodes about astrology, spirituality, personal development and other topics published! Tune in on your podcast app of choice.
Here’s our week:
February 20, 2020
Jupiter in 17 Capricorn sextile Neptune in 17 Pisces: 7:56 AM PST
(Image: KangHee Kim)
- There can be a somewhat delusional vibe of regret in the air – feeling too down on ourselves over something we consider to be a mistake. Because of this heightened sensitivity right now around that, it can also be a portal for increasing self-compassion and greater forgiveness for others.
- It’s okay to feel the impact of wishing we had made different choices, or to feel that we would have participated in a situation differently given a chance to do it over, but it is also important to not indulge excessive fantasy around the tragic proportions involved. Do we believe the universe sent us one chance and we’ve irrevocably condemned ourselves? Or, do we trust that we will have new opportunities to practice what we’ve learned and improve in the future?
- There can be opportunities to see the greater bigger picture or more spiritual values connected to our responsibilities or fulfilling necessary tasks we don’t necessarily see as glamorous or fun. If we are working with lofty or fantastic plans, there may also be some shift in focus toward more practical, actionable steps that serve to anchor in the vision – perhaps the unsexy details (as much as we prefer to see them as unsexy).
February 21, 2020
Mars in 3 Capricorn trine Uranus in 3 Taurus: 1:10 AM PST
- With a strategic and commanding Mars harmoniously working with a planet related to invention and brilliance, this transit can correlate with a boost in energy that we feel toward our most engineering projects – engineering as in things like developing systems to create more time in our lives, designing a business plan, making moves on a five year plan, etc.
- Willpower meets environment – we may discover that possessing willpower despite an unfavorable environment may be a strength that we have when totally necessary, but to whatever degree that we can create or collaborate with a more supportive environment, we will experience returns of energy and motivation.
Mars in 3 Capricorn square Chiron in 3 Aries: 5:16 AM PST
- There may be some activations or healing this week around being more strategic and measured instead of reactive. When we possess the quality to slow down and choose a response (rather than feeling hijacked, as perhaps we would have in the past) we have already demonstrated to ourselves our healing and development. By having the spaciousness to respond instead of react, we may also experience different realities than ones we had access to before.
- A potential wound of Aries (regarding Chiron in Aries, Chiron relating to wounding) is orienting to reality from the place of inferiority and feeling that one has been underestimated or pinned down as the underdog, therefore one must fight in life and fight for a seat at the table. As time passes, it’s possible that one DOES develop a lot of strength, but if they still feel unconsciously imprinted by being weak or disempowered, they are not going to possess as much sensitivity as they could to the degree of their actual impact. At worst, this can relate to acting like a bully and not even realizing that one is being so forceful, because one is so used to feeling thwarted anyway. Some situations really do not get any better with fighting or increased might – sometimes it is just social harmony or cooperation/collaboration that makes way for one to feel greater support and efficacy in one’s reality.
- On this note, we may be growing more aware of places we have a lot of strength or power that we can wield more nobly than we have in the past. It may be important to acknowledge the strength that we have, to leave the loop of feeling like we just have to push harder – that maybe it’s a matter of choosing a different strategy.
February 22, 2020
Sun in 3 Pisces sextile Uranus in 3 Taurus: 6:13 AM PST
- This transit points to the liberating potential of pleasure – who we experience ourselves to be when we feel good in our bodies, and/or worthy of love and our heart’s desires! It is a cognitive and emotional thing, for sure, but also vibrational. Valuing and leaning into what brings us joy and excitement is a way to elevate our realities.
- One of the thing that Abraham Hicks teaches (see YouTube videos around manifestation, attraction, creating reality, etc – themes that people definitely like to criticize but are also forms of magic that work!) is working with choosing higher thought-forms that are in reach to us. At any moment we can choose a more elevated path by picking a thought-form that both takes us higher and is already in reach (thus we are being emotionally resourceful). This is as opposed to saying an affirmation or a mantra that we don’t believe because it’s too far out. Instead, we can pick the low hanging fruit and climb the tree from there. As example, before trying to radically reverse some pain or discomfort we are feeling, we could work with thoughts around accepting how we feel (which take us higher than resisting how we feel). As the acceptance settles in, we can coax out more positive development.
- Taurus is obviously hedonistic and Pisces subtly hedonistic – when the two combine we can feel enchanting pleasure. An outdoor picnic becomes not just pleasant but sublime. We can further this by noticing and appreciating and savoring beauty, and feeling a deepening of our capacity to receive it with all our senses.
February 23, 2020
New Moon in 4 Pisces: 7:32 AM PST
The Sun and Moon in Pisces sit at the midpoint of the current Mars-Uranus trine – the New Moon forms a sextile to both Mars in Capricorn and Uranus in Taurus. The New Moon also sextiles its South Node and trines its North Node.
- The things that make up our world were dreamt of once – conceived first in feeling and idea, and thus we ought not to underestimate the importance of dreaming. This New Moon would be a beautiful time for some ceremony (no matter how simple or elaborate) where we take some space to really dream up what we would like to create in our lives. If you let yourself go there, you will likely come up against resistances that in some regard are seeking to convince you to play safe and stay small, that your dreams are not possible, or that you could not handle the consequences. Pisces, our dreamer, is still very sensitive after all. The reality it is that most amazing achievements did not happen without some resistances or fears being present, but the creative inspiration was simply stronger than the resistance. Working through those challenges is part of the learning curve, each obstacle potentially holding a gift or activation that we unlock through the process.
- Pisces brings us in touch with the art of having one foot in the dream and one foot in reality – that our ability to enter other realms or have visions come to us is dynamically connected to our ability to weave those visions and inspired ideas into the mundane or ordinary life. When we form the bridge in our own consciousness between the imaginal and the real, our real choices within reality become embodied prayers – vessels to carry the imaginal. Consider an invitation to allow yourself a bubble of dreaming without worrying too hard about logistics or how to make it possible, but find yourself into a dream that feels amazing and relevant to you. Then, when you feel well acquainted with the dream, ask your subconscious and/or your guides/Source what practical steps you could take to draw closer to the dream you envisioned.
- Successful dream-reality weaving involves a sensitivity to the limitations of life, as well, thus there are some things we might wish to manifest that are not actually wise, and there tends to be a need to come to terms with that if one is going to continue working with manifestation.
- Take note if there is an area of your life that is surrounded with numinous energy and profound longing. This might be a subject worth research and more detail-oriented analysis. If we like to keep love a “mystery” but have have one dysfunctional relationship after another, it’s likely we’re actually confused. Just about everyone is confused about at least something – so, if you can track where your confusion is that can also be a rewarding place to demystify.
Sun in 5 Pisces sextile Mars in 5 Capricorn: 6:06 PM PST
Venus in 18 Aries square Jupiter in 18 Capricorn: 8:59 AM PST
- Venus in Aries highlights conflict resolution process, and Jupiter in Capricorn relates to justice, or judgement. There may be some tensions around this time around communicating difficult dynamics with others and possessing tact or grace in the process. It doesn’t mean that we can’t, just that it may stretch us to develop new conflict resolution skills, or to perhaps seek the guidance of someone we know who we think may be able to help.
- This transit can also signify a critical turning point within our choices in relationship wherein we take steps to show up in a more noble way, which also has depended on our courage to face ourselves. By having made this willing step to face our own shadow or take accountability for the role we have played in our relationships, we are beginning to make new choices which can foster greater intimacy and connectedness in the future, if not immediately.
- Venus in Aries’ hotness to pursue another may also be necessarily slowed down by realistically assessing how the other is showing up (Jupiter in Capricorn – sober understanding). Venus in Aries may relate to the part of us that wants it all *yesterday* – and thus we are willing to overextend ourselves in relationship, over-pursue, over-give or readily give too much trust and time to another person who hasn’t demonstrated yet that they’ve earned it through their reciprocity or effort. If we play into this pattern, we are often setting ourselves up to be disappointed, let down or not valued. Of course, flip it around and think of how you would interact with someone who handed you their heart and diary and opportunity to fulfill their deepest dreams, hoping that you would protect it and fulfill them, when you didn’t even want or ask for it. That’s not just being open-hearted – it’s not taking realities of the relational dance into consideration. There may be some tension between feeling hot to pursue versus incorporating necessary conservative timing.
- Relationships may, likewise, move forward where there is actual foundation for it.
February 25, 2020
Mercury retrograde in 6 Pisces conjunct Sun in 6 Pisces: 5:44 PM PST
- Mercury conjunctions to the Sun can relate to information being gathered/discussed or plans being made behind the scenes – the light of the Sun blocks out our visibility of Mercury. At a spiritual level, and considering Pisces, this can relate to the reality that we don’t really know what’s going on! (Sorry not sorry) We have theories, and stories, and some of these stories may be really lucid and insightful and helpful. And yet! There is more information than we know or that meets the eye. Therefore we may actually experience some healing when we are willing to acknowledge that passive assumptions we’ve made about reality or ourselves may not actually be true, and if these thoughts have been causing harm we choose to be free of them.
- Likewise, because we are co-creators whose thoughts do have some influence on reality as well as the realities we are likely to be able to notice or interact with, if we go in and creatively edit some of our own thinking to having more generous and empowering thought-forms, we can be the agents changing reality from behind the scenes, too. 😉
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! I really appreciate you being here with me as I know that if you connect to this writing we have likemindedness and that is so special. Please share this article with a friend who you think would resonate!
Please let me know what you think in the comments – truly I want to know so leave a note! I love you and you are soul family to me, thank you for finding your way to these words and resonating with them in whatever ways you have.
If you enjoy these forecasts and would like more personalized guidance re your personal astrology, I would love to read your natal chart and transits for you! If you would like me to explore the themes in your chart, book a reading with me here.
I meditate on charts before the reading and combine my knowledge of astrology with my clairvoyant abilities to offer you some insights about themes you are working with in this life based on prior lives, and what is the evolutionary purpose of this lifetime. I recorded an episode on my podcast recently titled Befriending your Intuition and Clairvoyance if you’d like to learn more about my relationship with clairvoyance along with tips for increasing yours!
I can work with your specific questions and shed light on ongoing issues or patterns you would like to shift, as well! Book with me here.
I’m also becoming increasingly expressive on instagram, so go find me there @sabrinamonarch and say hello! I’m posting content there that I don’t share anywhere else and I love interacting with you there as well as on twitter @sabrina_monarch.
Sabrina Monarch is a soul-centered Evolutionary Astrologer who publishes weekly astrological forecasts, works with clients and teaches. She is a novelist and has a M.A. in Philosophy, Cosmology and Consciousness from the California Institute of Integral Studies.