We come down from a Full Moon in Virgo, and Pisces Season continues to offer up magic and an expanded sense of the cosmos – especially with Mercury and Jupiter linking up this week in Aquarius, bringing together the logical faculty (Mercury) with the intuitive faculty (Jupiter). Experientially this can feel like having epiphanies and life-affirming ideas. If Jupiter is like a hot air balloon however, and Mercury the pen/sword, it is also possible that we may have to consider the ways that we use logic to tear down expansive ideas (pop the balloon), and whether this is truly keeping us down to earth in a positive sense or if we could grant ourselves more liberty in thinking big and believing in the visions we hold close to heart. Personally as someone who believes that the word is magic, I cannot overstate the importance of resourcing ourselves and those around us with higher thought-forms that create a felt sense of expansion, possibility, empowerment, awe, and peace.
Watch this forecast on YouTube, or continue reading below:
Mars also enters Gemini this week after Mars’ stay in Taurus. This is another indicator this week for lively thinking, or the way that a lively thought could create extra vitality for us.
The reality is as well that thoughts are like maps that engender particular experiences. If I walk into a social situation with social anxiety related thoughts, I’m going to have a different experience than if I walk into that same social situation believing that I’m fascinating, alluring, and about to make new friends. Once we learn that thoughts and words are magical and that they literally create experiences, we become responsible for noticing how we participate in the creation of our reality. What assumptions, thoughts, and energetics did we bring into the scenario? This week, with Pisces planets squaring the lunar nodes in Gemini/Sagittarius, there may be opportunities to notice how our ideas, words, and perspective, are metaphorically attuning and adjusting our sails and steering the ship of our life in according directions. We would be wise to notice how we participate in that process, as opposed to believing the apparent direction of the ship at face value.
Always, when it comes to all things mystical, affirmations and speaking to the Universe are helpful. A simple intention for alignment with the highest good, to be in the right place at the right time, to be connected with the people we need to meet, to experience ease and grace, are all spells or prayers that are efficacious! Perhaps you have your own favorites. I pray to angels and guides for support frequently.
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the zeitgeist feels like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox and be notified of upcoming educational opportunities, sign up for my mailing list here.
Here’s our week after a few announcements:
Study Evolutionary Astrology with me in May 2021 – enrollment is now open! It’s always an inspiring group of deep thinkers that gather for this class. If you are wanting to learn karmic soul-centered astrology, and go deeper into the astrological craft in both an intuitive and a structured/guided way – and you resonate with these forecasts, you’ll love this course. Learn more, read testimonials, and enroll here. You can also listen to a podcast interview I did on Amelia Quint’s Bad Astrologers about what Evolutionary Astrology is for a feel of this system of astrology and how I approach it.
Astrology Reading Bookings Closed: My books are currently closed, and I am paused on accepting new clients for ongoing mentorship/coaching (6 month – 1 year commitment). If you’re interested in working with me in that capacity, stay tuned for more information. And make sure you’re on my mailing list if you’d like to be informed of when my books open again!
No new episode of Magic of the Sphere this week. New interviews coming soon! You can also find audio versions of these forecasts on the podcast.
Here’s our week!
March 3, 2021
Venus in 7 Pisces sextile Uranus in 7 Taurus: 6:18 AM PST
- This transit could signify the potential to feel a surprising amount of emotional connection and depth in our relatedness with self and other, that comes from revelations in receptivity. I think of receptivity as an inner-mystery. The process of learning how to become more receptive to what which we desire is a discovery. Pursuing and going after something is different than allowing it in – both processes make up the yin/yang polarity. Along a process of manifestation, we both have to take inspired action and prepare ourselves imaginally, energetically, and emotionally for that which we desire to land in our realities. When it comes to your desire, are you honest and in full ownership of those truths? Can you feel openness around it, or is there still an amount of contraction around the desire? What would help you relax and soften into your desire?
Mars enters Gemini: 7:30 PM PST
(Image: Cirque Éloize, Rain, 2004)
Mars will stay in Gemini until April 23, 2021. Mars transit through Gemini will see trines to Saturn and Jupiter in Aquarius, as well as a square to Neptune in Pisces (which we will discuss in the following weeks!)
- Mars in Gemini brings together strength and agility. I think of the acrobat or the aerialist as an image for the Mars in Gemini athlete. In a broader sense, Mars in Gemini can be an invitation to be clever and swift in our course of action. Gemini thinks quickly, and is flexible enough to recognize immediate opportunities and to participate with them in that moment of their arrival. During this transit, flexibility and agility when it comes to our own openness to go with the flow may relate directly to vitality and feeling energized.
- Let us consider however, “going with the flow” as an active rather than passive quality. Going with the flow need not mean sacrifice, not having needs or preferences, or not having desires or a direction. Going with the flow doesn’t mean not taking on challenging obstacles, either. Here going with the flow could mean being agile enough to adjust to immediate fluctuations in circumstance and internal inspiration, so we are having that much more of a tactile, high-contact experience of life.
- You may notice you are playing this game when, in a moment of potential rigidity or digging your heels, you jump into a higher stream energy current of the current moment, making a choice that deviates from the pre-conceived plan but is directly related to what is actually happening. In conversation, this manifests literally as wit. This attitude brings an intense liveliness into one’s environment.
March 4, 2021
Mercury in 17 Aquarius conjunct Jupiter in 17 Aquarius: 7:27 PM PST
Now that Mercury is direct, this is the final pass of this transit for this round. This conjunction formed January 11, February 14, and now again.
- All planets have cycles together, like the lunar cycle we watch every 28 days. Due to Mercury retrograde, this transit marking the beginning of a synodic cycle between Mercury and Jupiter was elongated in time over the last couple months. Jupiter and Mercury have opposing or complementary functions. Where Mercury articulates the differences between things, and can point to holes in arguments, and be quite logical, Jupiter looks for the bigger picture context and seeks to include and incorporate information. Mercury relates to the left brain and deductive reasoning, and Jupiter relates to the right brain and our intuitive faculty. As the two come together, some left and right brained activities can feel merged in our experience – such as seeing the whole system or the bigger picture in the smaller details.
- As we actively engage in life-enhancing practices/studies, like the pursuit of insight, personal development, the study of a symbolic system (like astrology), research, etc – there are many moments of revelry, discovery, and lightning happening at the moment. There is an excitement for all the new possibilities available to us at this new juncture. When we experience an upgrade in our perspective, the world is new again.
- Faith or lack thereof is often part of the conversation when we are considering our doubts and anxieties. We can think of all the reasons why something won’t work out for us, which is essentially poking holes in our faith. It is possible to utilize the mind and our logical faculties to build up our realities in a life-enhancing way, which means we take an honest look at the consequences of our thoughts.
- This last week I was brought to consider a comparison across different areas of my life where I assume and expect success versus where I imagine that things will go wrong. Why does one area of life have my full confidence, and another so much doubt? I realized that both of these arenas of my life were infused with my participation, and obviously my place of confidence was yielding much greater a harvest than my place of lack. I find it fruitful to discover a kind of logic and accompanying thought-forms that create faith, at the same time that I visualize and choose faith energetically. It could be important with this transit to really see the bigger picture of how all our various thought-forms add up. If we need to shift direction (because our thought-forms are damaging and not helpful) how can you find your way into higher thought-forms?
- People who choose higher thought forms consistently are often alluring to others because they are uplifting, they see possibilities, and they are magnanimous. They are wise ones, and the life of the party essentially. Are there people in your life that represent this quality and are there people you seek expansive advice from? Notice as well, that the more this quality is cultivated from within, the more we also create expansion in our lives and inspire that for others, who would now seek our council.
- There is plenty of negative programming and conditioning from reality, and our personal and collective/historical trauma. Finding liberating perspective is often an ongoing practice, like eating healthy or taking vitamins or something like that. It doesn’t just happen once. It is a lifestyle. THIS is a moment of momentum for such a lifestyle!
March 5, 2021
Sun in 15 Pisces square the nodes of the Moon in 15 Sagittarius (South Node) and 15 Gemini (North Node): 9:29 AM PST
(Image: Georgy Kurasov)
- We may be at a juncture where conversations that generate wisdom are of importance. Conversations that are uplifting, where new possibilities emerge, where a beautiful fire is kindled in the encounter.
- I am reminded (was shown images/memories) of times in my life that I felt desperate for someone to talk to who would understand me. I felt like when I shared my experiences with others, it could often fall flat, and people would give me feedback or advice that felt deadening to hear. Like, “you’ll calm down when you’re older” when the thing I was going through was of raging importance at the moment. It is possible, when not reflected meaningfully by others, to doubt oneself. It is important to find people who share a language/wavelength and can participate in co-creating meaning out of life in conversation.
- Along the Gemini/Sagittarius nodal axis, there is a lesson that when in lack of the “knowing” that we find in Sagittarius, it is best to lean into curiosity and ask questions. Sometimes knowing emerges because we’ve collected more information, or we’ve invited others to find the answers themselves by asking them meaningful questions. Internally, this could also mean that instead of jumping to a conclusion that feels deadening in our hearts, we ask if there is another angle to look at our situation through, in prayer, meditation, or conversation with a person who we trust is an expansive force in our lives.
- If you want to learn more about the Gemini/Sagittarius nodal axis when it is squared, I have a YouTube video about it here. The video is about this as a position in people’s natal charts, but some of the dynamics in the video may be present in consciousness at the moment!
March 9, 2021
Venus in 15 Pisces square the nodes of the Moon in 15 Sagittarius (South Node) and 15 Gemini (North Node): 9:08 AM PST
- There may be an importance at this moment of checking in with our assumptions about other people that paint other people as static, predictable, or that we already know them. In our current, ongoing friendships, partnerships, and relationships of any kind, we might aim to keep a fresh and curious mind about others and to engage them as though we are still, perpetually, getting to know them.
- If our relationships with others have grown too theoretical (we relate to people in our heads, with our stories about them, and our own stories about ourselves that get in the way of true relating), this would be a good time to notice that! How might we shift into a greater embodiment of the experience of relationship? What kinds of conversations create room to clear the air and cover new ground together?
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! If you would like further guidance, I have been increasingly focused on longer-term 1:1 work with my students and clients, in the form of mentorship – helping people form a depth relationship to their natal chart and personal transits over time, to develop themselves, to heal, and to reach their goals, all through the soul-making lens of evolutionary astrology. If you’re interested in working together in that capacity, I am soon to accept new clients, so stay tuned.
Find me on Instagram @sabrinamonarch, get on my mailing list to stay apprised of all upcoming offerings and events, and I’ll see you next week!