As I tune in with the approaching Virgo Full Moon, it is no wonder to me that anxiety has been a topic on my mind and an experience I’ve been moving through. My friends Michael Armstrong, Stefanie Sundara, and I created a clubhouse room (the app) last week to talk about transmuting anxiety. Stefanie opened the Akashic Records and received a download about anxiety being like electricity that breaks open the ground – a new current of aliveness that makes the way for some recognition of a needed shift. After discussing different experiences of transmuting and working through anxiety we came upon a common realization that anxiety relates to a necessity to move energy. Sometimes we need to physically shake it off, or we need to re-assess our thought forms and focus on more life-giving images and ideas, or we realize that we are out of alignment and we want to make different choices.
As you may know I’m on the road right now and while I was driving yesterday I listened to a recent episode of Ancient Wisdom Today podcast with Sahara Rose on the topic of dharma. Sahara had some amazing/electrifying insights, speaking to the kinds of resistance we face in life – either the kind of resistance that is showing us we’re heading in the wrong direction, or the kind of resistance that is a necessary trial along our dharmic path, a necessary challenge to overcome. For discernment between the two, she offered the advice to tune into the energy of expansion. Are the choices we make relating to expansion, or not?
With Jupiter and Saturn still together in the sky in Aquarius, expansion and contraction are happening simultaneously, often. Sometimes the expansive thing to do is also something that is responsible or limiting in its form. Or the immediately exciting thing to do comes with a contraction. I can give the example that last week I did find one house on my housing search in a competitive market where I would have been the first in line, but I couldn’t see myself living in that house. It didn’t have certain amenities that I really wanted. Part of me wanted to say yes to the house just to have some certainty and put an end to the anxiety of house-searching, but it felt more expansive to me to say no to the house and keep looking.
Pisces Season is a time of flux, and it opens up the opportunity to tune in with the Tao and the changing rhythms of life. In the absence of ordinary stability or certainty, we naturally can feel anxious. It may be necessary this week to keep a positive focus on higher states of being (positive images, expansion as an energy) as a compass, for when it comes to making some of the many decisions that life throws our way. The future is ripe with possibility, and it is a place we project our hopes, dreams, and fears. While we cannot control or orchestrate everything that occurs, we do have agency about the attitude we bring to the play of life, and it is this spirit that helps guide us into specific aligned futures. Sometimes this looks like struggling at sea trying to get afloat, and other times it looks like riding the waves and having an amazing co-creative experience. We are tasked to find what resources us from within, to navigate any external flux or challenge.
Because I’m traveling, I do not have a YouTube version of this forecast for you this week, but you can continue reading below. 🙂
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the zeitgeist feels like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox and be notified of upcoming educational opportunities, sign up for my mailing list here.
Here’s our week after a few announcements:
New episode of Magic of the Spheres! I’m excited to share with you a conversation I had with Ashton Kohl Arnoldy, who was on this podcast before back on episode #36. Ashton is a dear friend I met in graduate school in the Philosophy, Cosmology, and Conscious program at CIIS.
It feels like a magical portal opens up every time I spend time with him and this time was no different. We got together for this episode we talked about some of Ashton’s current research in the PhD program, and reflected on the concept of spiritual exercise, effort and grace, and the role of theatrics and acting in creating the self, or creating new realities.
A. K. A., otherwise known as Ashton Kohl Arnoldy, is a trandisciplinary artist and scholar working on a PhD in the Philosophy, Cosmology, and Consciousness program at the California Institute of Integral Studies. His research focuses on the intersection of metaphysics, participatory theory, virtue epistemology, spiritual exercise, art, and technology. Musica humanas is the organizing concept and living picture of his current doctoral research; guided by this ancient concept, A. K. A. seeks to articulate a vision of the human being as microcosm—a being integrally united with the cosmos and the evolutionary unfolding of its immaterial music.
Tune in where you listen to podcasts or on your browser here.
Astrology Reading Bookings Closed: My books are currently closed, but I am still taking new clients for ongoing mentorship/coaching (6 month – 1 year commitment). If you’re interested in working with me in that capacity, send me an email at email@example.com. And make sure you’re on my mailing list if you’d like to be informed of when my books open again!
Next Evolutionary Astrology Intensive: The intensive is currently in session. I will announce the dates for the next one in the coming months.
Here’s our week:
February 24, 2021
Mars in 25 Taurus trine Pluto in 25 Capricorn: 5:51 PM PST
- Mars and Pluto are connected by octave – it is said that Pluto is the higher octave of Mars. Mars can represent our ego’s instinctual will and drive, whereas Pluto represents the soul’s deeper instinctual drives. The soul is connected to a rhythm that goes deeper in time, connected to a multi-lifetime journey, so it is a different impulse to incarnate into a life here than to say, curse at someone who cuts you off on the road. 🙂 When the instinct of the personal self and the instinct of the deeper soul self come into harmonic alignment like this (via the trine), there is a moment where we can assess if we act in harmony with our deepest truth.
- Mars in Taurus may be connected to sustained effort, or challenges that require endurance as a key to victory. Capricorn is also connected to the long-haul, or far off goals that one utilizes planning, devotion, commitment, and time management to reach. If we feel resistance to this process we may feel burdened, tired, and victimized by the requirements of the task. If we lean into the process, there might be a hidden sensuality or eros to this level of sustained devotion and focus.
February 25, 2021
Venus enters Pisces: 5:12 AM PST
(Image: Andrei Tarkovsky: A Poet in the Cinema, 1983)
Venus will stay in Pisces until March 21, 2021.
- Venus leaving Aquarius means Venus is beginning to break away from the current Aquarius stellium where we have Saturn, Mercury, Jupiter, and Pallas Athena. Venus now in Pisces moves toward the Sun and Neptune in Pisces.
- Venus is saccharine, saturated, and just drenched in the mystical water sign of Pisces! Venus already relates to connection and relationship, and Pisces relates to the oneness, to union with all things. Venus reaches indulgent heights in this sign.
- With such grandiose heights come lows, so Venus in Pisces can also challenge us to learn how we personally stay open and openhearted when our sensitive hearts are disappointed. Conditional self-love in this sign could relate to only wanting to be present with ourselves when we approve of our circumstances or approve of ourselves in a moment. We may have to learn how to hold parts of ourselves that we feel more likely to judge, disapprove of, or split off from.
(Image: Matthew Ball and Yasmine Naghdi in Romeo and Juliet)
- At a different extreme, Venus in Pisces can relate to lack of discernment that occurs if we decide we love and approve of everything. Early initiations in lacking boundaries like this can include being in relationships that aren’t the best for us, just because it’s a soul connection or feels kismet, but the connection is wildly unstable on paper. Loving everyone and everything unconditionally does not have to translate into martyrdom, but it can, as one discovers balance along this journey of harmonizing self with others, when the boundaries are so porous.
- Venus in Pisces can bring divine experiences into temporary moments, or into specific objects and beings of our attraction. Living in a sparkly world is a beautiful thing but one might not wish to get lost in the form of things. Our experience grows more abundant when we form a relationship (Venus) with the source (Pisces) from which all things come. Every experience, every being, is linked to the eternal, but as we know most experiences here are temporary, and we live in organic bodies which come into form and leave form (die). Some of the deepest and most stable experiences Venus in Pisces has to offer comes from turning to the Source from which things come, and balancing that with our relationship to the temporary world. Temporary things cannot sustainably hold the projection of divinity – it is too much to assign. Temporary forms can be diaphanous doorways to remember something greater – and with that greater context – to more deeply love all things, formless and form, eternal and ephemeral.
Sun in 7 Pisces sextile Uranus in 7 Taurus: 1:32 PM PST
February 27, 2021
Full Moon in 8 Virgo: 12:17 AM PST
Venus is conjunct the Sun (by around 7 degrees) and the Moon forms a wide conjunction to Vesta in Virgo.
- There may be a growing need to align with an appropriate focus. Certain thought-forms may diffuse our vital life energy, such as when we entertain anxious what-if thoughts around things entirely beyond our capacity to manage. It is easy to feel overwhelmed along the Virgo-Pisces axis… to feel overwhelmed by forces much larger than us in Pisces, and small details in Virgo. Virgo teaches us that we can begin to get our heads above water and even float when we start and keep taking appropriate steps. What are small adjustments or actions that would have a large ripple effect?
- The concept of alignment involves the harmony and coherence between two or more things. We are always aligning, arguably, to something, but what? Naturally we are storytellers, we understand our lives through narrative arcs, or at least cause and effect frameworks. We do what we do because we have logical reasons for doing so, whether we’ve checked in with that logic recently or not, or have dusted out the corners of our most unconscious logic. When things feel off, our we feel out of alignment, it could be possible that our actions and procedures do not match our vision (the micro does not match the macro) or that we are aligning ourselves to a vision that we don’t believe in.
- It may feel resourcing and rejuvenating to touch into something true, consolidating, peaceful, sublime… and once we’ve collected ourselves into this place of oneness/faith/remembrance of our connection to all things – channel from this space appropriate action.
- Another theme that can be growing in our awareness is service. Many spiritual paths emphasize the importance of service. There is a personal happiness or alignment that we also feel when we are in touch with our dharma, our purpose, our offering to share with others and the planet.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! If you would like further guidance, I have been increasingly focused on longer-term 1:1 work with my students and clients, in the form of mentorship – helping people form a depth relationship to their natal chart and personal transits over time, to develop themselves, to heal, and to reach their goals, all through the soul-making lens of evolutionary astrology. If you’re interested in working together in that capacity, I am currently accepting new clients. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to start a conversation and set up a free consultation call.
Find me on Instagram @sabrinamonarch, get on my mailing list to stay apprised of all upcoming offerings and events, and I’ll see you next week!
(Top Image: Delta Wave by Miles Toland)