A dynamic week unfolds for us as Saturn will station direct, after just being part of a Grand Fire Trine with the Solar eclipse in Leo only days prior. What are we setting in motion, into reality? While Saturn stationing retrograde prepares us to reconfigure how we structure our lives, Saturn moving direct is “back to business” except something has changed, and we will be conducting business differently. This change has also been catalyzed by Saturn’s trine to Uranus in Aries. Many within the collective are feeling the pulse to be radical; yet Saturn in Sagittarius (how one’s cosmology and beliefs are structured) tints how this radicalism is unfolding respectively. There will be more on this in the Saturn direct section. Here’s our week, after an announcement!
I am soon to be offering an online evolutionary astrology immersion course (soul-centered astrology) – meaning live, interactive astrological instruction! I will be guiding you through the paradigm of evolutionary astrology and giving you the tools to analyze your own chart and the chart of others from the perspective of the soul. To sign up to be updated about more information, including when this course will be available, sign up here.
Do you want to receive these forecasts to your inbox every week? Sign up for my mailing list here.
(Top image: Marcos Navarro)
Venus in 28° Cancer square Uranus in 28° Aries: 12:00 PM PDT
- If there is an area in your life or experience that you have been called to individuate and trailblaze, this week can bring about the necessity to become comfortable with some new values that you associate with that. Situations arise in which there is a crossroads: retreat to old patterns or move into a new value system by acting on that new value system accordingly. If you happen to pinpoint this threshold this week, take note of how the new choice may be something you’ve never done before.
- A critical shift in where we choose to stop being precious with ourselves, or what we choose to be precious about that we were not before. And we might surprise ourselves. (I was inspired by Colin at QueerCosmos this week: “We coddle our traumas, protect our insecurities, defend our anxieties, fuel our anger, and self-identity with our personality defects too much. What the actual fuck have your wounds done for your lately?”)
Saturn in 21° Sagittarius stations direct: 5:09 AM PDT
- Saturn retrograded April 5 of this year. This season of Saturn retrograde through Sagittarius brought about an intensified questioning of one’s life direction and its consequences. We could have felt more aware of where we felt strongly directed; and we may have also entertained major doubts about our direction. Saturn retrograde can be a grind (for better or worse) for business owners or bosses or anyone who is in a role of authority. A reason for this is we become more aware of consequence and of responsibility – we can feel a weightiness. The more we have invested into our structures (such as if we own a business or play a professional role), the more gravity we sense around these ventures.
- Try to think about anything that came to a halt or shifted direction around April 5 — and see how it has been course-corrected.
- Where we have felt blocks in life, where we struggle, where a harvest takes time to build, where we grind out something with much effort or endurance… we have also been cultivating resilience and wisdom. We come to discern how our boundaries can be expanded.
- Grief does not last forever – some grief that we come to know, we fear moving into it or learning from it in that we think that it will simply swallow us whole. There are certain advancements in life that occur because we gained wisdom from an experience we otherwise judged as taking something away from us. We should stay aware of where our more difficult experiences have given us mettle more than they have taken away from us. We ought to become articulately aware of what these badges of experience are. This shift in perception is a way to not only make the most of grief, but to effectively digest it rather than leaving it stirring around. (Are you not sure how to? That’s one thing I’m here for. If you can use some perspective on your path, get a personal reading with me.)
Venus enters Leo: 9:30 PM PDT
Venus will stay in Leo until September 19 at 6:15 PM PDT.
- Venus in Leo is a fun placement, bringing our attention to how we romance life itself, ourselves and the people we love.
- Playfulness is like wealth with Venus in Leo – it is highly valued. So we may be stressed, have a lot going on, or feel knocked down in some way – but if we can’t find a reason to simply have fun, the Leo realm is greatly missing.
- Venus in Leo can relate to gesture and romantic gestures, radiant displays of generosity and affection.
Sun in 3° Virgo conjunct Mercury in 3° Virgo rx: 1:43 PM PDT
(Image: George Jennings)
Mercury is currently retrograde, and it will now conjunct the Sun this week.
- There is the potential to receive highly focused awareness about a problem or a crisis – either the nature of the crisis itself, a solution, or both. Here, the sunlight and the magnifying glass are one force, which creates a laserbeam that has the capacity to ignite something on fire.
- There is a potential for crisis to seem sharper or more dramatized right now. Watch for the tendency for overwhelm to be debilitating and for the way that leaning in to conflict and simply taking steps in the right direction de-escalates the intensity of an issue. When in doubt, think about where you are accumulating clutter or practicing avoidance. Where are you procrastinating? What have you left unfinished? Mercury retrograde is not always about moving forward, obviously – sometimes it is about cleaning up the path we have already traveled, or retrieving a thread we dropped.
Jupiter in 21° Libra sextile Saturn in 21° Sagittarius: 5:16 AM PDT
- This alignment can speak to the choice we have at this time (that we have to willfully, consciously engage) to take on some responsibility that expands our lives in some way. Responsibility is in one way a constraint, but tends to create supports and open doors which not engaging this responsibility would not offer.
- This alignment also speaks to the expansion and even luck that arises when we take the effort to be our truth in a situation where we could go on bullshitting in some way or another – passively keeping peace, passively hiding behind a veneer.
- The way we might travel well into the realms of other cultures or other realities (such as another person’s world) by temporarily adopting customs not of our own.
First Quarter Moon in 6° Sagittarius: 1:13 AM
(Image: Marcos Navarro)
- Sagittarius has been a building theme all week – with Saturn in Sagittarius stationing direct and sextiling Sagg’s ruling planet Jupiter. We catch a theme here of momentum around truth and non-truth. In a variety of ways we can analyze truth to be totally relative. You can mingle with different groups of people, and different cultures, and find this to be your experience. (Truth might be rooted much more deeply than the ways it sways about superficially.) Truth is different from different vantage points, and different angles. But, when it comes down to it, there are times in which commitment or integrity to our personal truth is more important than being open to whatever and essentially noncommittal. Why? Because the truth that we choose, and how we choose to align with it, has self-evident consequences.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! Please let me know how its going in the comments!
Sabrina Monarch is a soul-centered Evolutionary Astrologer who publishes weekly astrological forecasts. She has been collecting astrological experience for over a decade. She also enjoys kundalini and ashtanga yoga, hiking and creative writing.