This week Mercury enters Pisces, and Venus in Pisces forms harmonious aspects to Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn. As the planet of intellect moves into this numinous sign, we may want to give ourselves the space to turn up our visualization practices (or start indulging in one) and our contemplations of poetry, spiritual union, and magic.
Venus in Pisces harmonizing with Saturn and Pluto (read about the recent conjunction of Saturn and Pluto here) suggests the possibility that we could allow ourselves to dream again in places of personal embitterment or recent demolition. It also suggests an ethic to dreaming – perhaps a responsibility or necessity to imagine as a way of channeling more ideal realities than what is already existent.
Visualization is imagining an experience, circumstance or outcome that we would find favorable and seeing the details of that experience in our mind’s eye. We might generate sensations and feelings of what that experience would feel like to us and pretend as though our visualization is real. How does this new reality make us feel? What parts of us are activated in this visualization, that may have been dormant before? What does it feel like to inhabit these parts of ourselves?
Visualization is a toolkit among many successful professionals, who are not necessarily spiritual. We can theorize why visualization works at a spiritual level but perhaps more widely relatable is why visualization works at a psychological level. We always have a lot of options throughout the day as to how we respond to various circumstance we meet. We are limited by the options we have previously conceptualized or imagined, or the options that we at that very moment conceptualize or imagine. Visualization is a way to imagine options before they occur. Because we have already familiarized ourselves with those options and the feelings they evoke, we are more likely to notice opportunities to ground them into reality in our day-to-day experience than if we had not taken the time to visualize.
Visualization is also a way to promote change in our reality through a portal of fantasy rather than working it out exclusively on the physical, reality plane. Visualizing what we truly desire will surely put us in touch with our inner-resistances and fears around those desires. Imagine working those resistances out in your imagination and emotional body before experiencing that circumstance in your real life – kind of a life hack, no? Come prepared to the life you dream of. 😉
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the vibe may feel like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox, sign up for my mailing list here.
(Top Image: Rainbow Clash Art)
Here’s our week, after a few announcements!
Upcoming Events & Announcements:
🌟 Bay Area, California (Alameda) – Exploring Pisces Season: a Workshop with Sabrina Monarch
The Pisces archetype brings us in touch with what is unseen and what cannot be grasped – like dreams that fade upon waking or profound spiritual visions that are difficult to put into words. At once foggy or confusing, or lucid and transcendent, the Piscean threads of reality are enchanting and draw us closer to divinity and magic. The Sun travels through Pisces February 18 – March 19 this year, and this is a time of year when many people feel tossed around in a sea of emotions. Yet there are actually skillsets or ideas that could usher in a more enjoyable, magical and mindful Pisces Season, which we will discuss in this workshop! Think of the difference between dreaming versus having a lucid dream – working with Pisces is about learning how to navigate different states of lucidity and discover our capacity for visionary thought, inspiration, and intuition. Pisces can also help us heal through dissolving our sense of separation, or profoundly forgiving or releasing judgements. There are also psychological skillsets to explore in tandem with Pisces’ particular vulnerabilities, like the need for boundaries or developing keener discernment.
Topics covered include:
-Exploring the archetypes of Pisces
-The transits that the Sun in Pisces will make to other planets this Pisces Season
-How Pisces Season affects you individually based on your natal chart
🌟 A Recent Interview: There isn’t a new episode of Magic of the Spheres podcast from last week to share, but I was interviewed on fellow astrologer Philip Daniel Miles’ youtube channel about my spiritual emergence experience in 2012 that led me to my practice of astrology today. I had a great time and really appreciate the opportunity to share this story. You can watch our video here!
Here’s our week:
February 1, 2020
Venus in 23 Pisces sextile Pluto in 23 Capricorn: 11:07 PM PST
(Image: Vasilisa Romanenko)
- There is potentially an allure or draw toward making change in our lives through fantasy – to visualize a change or to get into a different state of consciousness to re-work something that has grown stale and oppressive in our ordinary lives. Momentary yet immersive escapes from burdens may yield fresh strategies on how to meet specific challenges.
- The Saturn-Pluto conjunction, which Venus is separating from and now forming a harmonious sextile to both, relates to a place in our life undergoing massive contraction or re-structuring. In this contraction and perhaps destruction is a fertility for something new, and an opportunity to dream something very new. Consider what you are longing for and how you might draw closer to it by having a more harmonious relationship to your fantasy and imagination of that circumstance. Sometimes what we desire the most we also fear, which, if we could massage out and resolve that fear, we open ourselves more to the real experience of meeting that which we desire.
- Because Venus-Pluto contacts can heighten our fixation on joy and pleasure or lack thereof, this can also be an opportune time to re-work some of our lack consciousness, our sense of “not having” and the trauma we feel from not having. These feelings form pathways and grooves in our consciousness that can create stuckness. So whatever work we can do to lubricate new pathways of contentedness, satisfaction, abundance, etc. are actually inner forms of liberation. This is not to ignore or invalidate current actual experiences, but to pivot energetically to new options and the recognition of new options as they materialize or present themselves in our actual reality.
February 3, 2020
Mercury enters Pisces: 3:37 AM PST
Mercury enters Pisces, a sign which it will station retrograde in on February 16 (in 12 degrees of Pisces). Mercury will briefly dip back into Aquarius March 4, station direct on the 9th in late Aquarius, and re-enter Pisces on March 16. Mercury will leave Pisces April 10. Outside of a brief moment of Mercury in Aquarius, we have Mercury in Pisces for an extra-long moment of time due to the retrograde.
- Mercury in Pisces is such a poetic placement for Mercury because the lines between sign and what is signified can be blurred – a sequence of images can be a portal into deep sentiments and feelings. We can begin to think and perceive in ways that are more whimsical, more spiritually connected, less boundaried, and more intuitive and mystical.
- For this same reason, however, certain forms of communication may take more work while Mercury is in Pisces, almost like we in a need of a translator even though we are conceivably speaking the same language with another person. What isn’t being said? What is being assumed? What messages are getting lost or not coming through? What details are being glossed over? We might need to be more diligent about creating clarity, especially in situations where miscommunication has direct consequences. A simple example could be going in for a haircut and not really communicating what one wants or the vision one has, and then being disappointed or really upset about the haircut. If we don’t really know about hairstyling techniques or how to talk about hair it feels like it’s harder to communicate what we want. We still could benefit from trying, from research, and from asking questions and doing the best we can to express a vision and see if the hairstylist understands what we’re getting at, in this example. In general, the place of confusing communication might be situational finesse one has not developed, or a place or circumstance that one routinely feels underwater until they learn how to get above water through better communication.
- One of Mercury in Pisces’ issues about communication is feeling disillusioned by the task of communication before effort has even been made to remedy the issue. It just feels too hard, so one gives up, but continues to suffer the consequences of poor communication. Getting ahead of a miscommunication issue can feel hard and that is okay. Even if it’s clunky or awkward, working through a communication barrier can be deeply meaningful and rewarding.
- This could be a more inspired time for dream-journalling or recording images or thoughts that pop into our mind, similar to doodling drawings – giving expression to interesting thoughts or interior visions.
- Mercury relates to all kinds of languages, which includes movement languages like dance or harmonic languages like music. Mercury in Pisces can relate to a flow of inspiration which is not necessarily linear or logical, but we may benefit from letting ourselves be moved by inspiration and by being creative. See if there are spaces in your life where you are free to play with expression, and where you can be creative without attachment to the outcome.
- Pisces is a mutable sign, and Mercury traveling through mutable signs can relate to having or entertaining ideas which diffuse and loosen stagnant or rigid structures in our minds. If there are places in your mind and metal experience that you would like to experience more flow, perhaps offer that in prayer.
Venus in 25 Pisces sextile Saturn in 25 Capricorn: 2:01 PM PST
- This transit can relate to the boundaries and practices we have in relationship that support our exchange of emotional intimacy and compassion. Some examples could be: asking consent for someone to hold space before emotionally offloading (“I had a hard day – can I talk to you about it, are you available for that?”), sharing clarity about the kind of support one wants (i.e. do you just want to be listened to, embraced, or do you want some kind of feedback/advice) or asking what kind of support another person wants.
- Venus in Pisces wants to feel an ocean of love and just surrender to that and be totally raptured. The natural sextile (harmonious aspect) that Pisces makes to Capricorn relates to the way that boundary or container influences or can support this Piscean tendency and desire. Like set and setting for a psychedelic experience, we could note how certain environments, arrangements, agreements, etc. facilitate a pleasurable experience and to whatever degree we have or are aware of our agency, we may align with these favorable circumstances.
- Another lovely thing about the harmony between these placements is the potential for a maturation or realization around what really facilitates profound fulfillment in our experience. While there are some tendencies within Pisces to seek a high, Capricorn offers us the wisdom of timing, and of producing good work or deeds over time. When we steadily do good work over longer periods of time, there is a grace we get to experience that can’t necessarily be created spontaneously. See where you are being nudged to do good work over time and where you are noticing the pleasurable harvests of past work.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! I really appreciate you being here with me as I know that if you connect to this writing we have likemindedness and that is so special. Please share this article with a friend who you think would resonate!
Please let me know what you think in the comments – truly I want to know so leave a note! I love you and you are soul family to me, thank you for finding your way to these words and resonating with them in whatever ways you have.
If you enjoy these forecasts and would like more personalized guidance re your personal astrology, I would love to read your natal chart and transits for you! If you would like me to explore the themes in your chart, book a reading with me here.
I meditate on charts before the reading and combine my knowledge of astrology with my clairvoyant abilities to offer you some insights about themes you are working with in this life based on prior lives, and what is the evolutionary purpose of this lifetime. I recorded an episode on my podcast recently titled Befriending your Intuition and Clairvoyance if you’d like to learn more about my relationship with clairvoyance along with tips for increasing yours!
I can work with your specific questions and shed light on ongoing issues or patterns you would like to shift, as well! Book with me here.
I’m also becoming increasingly expressive on instagram (minus a recent winter hibernatory social media break), so go find me there @sabrinamonarch and say hello! I’m posting a lot of content there that I don’t share anywhere else and I love interacting with you there as well as on twitter @sabrina_monarch.
Sabrina Monarch is a soul-centered Evolutionary Astrologer who publishes weekly astrological forecasts, works with clients and teaches. She is a novelist and is currently has an M.A. in Philosophy, Cosmology and Consciousness from the California Institute of Integral Studies.