In the midst of Aquarius Season, the Moon grows full in the sign of Leo this week shortly after Venus enters Aries. The fire signs (Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius) each correlate with our sense of special, personal destiny, and with this burst of fiery astrology this week, fuller visions of self or purpose may be highlighted.
Aquarius is associated with detachment, and the flashes of insight or downloads that we may receive that radically connect us to our authenticity, while Leo brings us in touch with the heat of life, the passion of our beating hearts, and our desire to be special and creatively realized in the pursuits we feel most intimately involved with. The polarity of Aquarius and Leo invites us to become intellectually aware of what truly excites us and brings us alive and then to embody that awareness by playing out the ‘character’ of our essences to the full. To fully inhabit ourselves and allow ourselves to be seen also asks of us that we develop a sturdy sense of self-worth, and our self-worth and magnanimity also grants us a deeper capacity to truly celebrate the light in others where otherwise we may have felt threatened or jealous.
Of course these qualities regarding creative and intellectual realization sound grand, but there is the reality within this axis of Leo and Aquarius that the inner-child has incurred some hurt, confusion, and shame, and in this there may be parts of ourselves that we have radically disowned or lost touch with as a result. So as the light of Aquarius fully illuminates a Leo Moon, there can be a growing awareness of the inner-child and opportunities (both actively created and passively encountered) to reconnect to very core parts of our own being we have grown estranged from. The language that invites us here are the cues we feel internally around what is fun and what is exciting, so literally go have a good time!
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the vibe may feel like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox, sign up for my mailing list here.
Here’s our week, after a few announcements!
Upcoming Events & Announcements:
🌟 Bay Area, California (Alameda) – Exploring Pisces Season: a Workshop with Sabrina Monarch
The Pisces archetype brings us in touch with what is unseen and what cannot be grasped – like dreams that fade upon waking or profound spiritual visions that are difficult to put into words. At once foggy or confusing, or lucid and transcendent, the Piscean threads of reality are enchanting and draw us closer to divinity and magic. The Sun travels through Pisces February 18 – March 19 this year, and this is a time of year when many people feel tossed around in a sea of emotions. Yet there are actually skillsets or ideas that could usher in a more enjoyable, magical and mindful Pisces Season, which we will discuss in this workshop! Think of the difference between dreaming versus having a lucid dream – working with Pisces is about learning how to navigate different states of lucidity and discover our capacity for visionary thought, inspiration, and intuition. Pisces can also help us heal through dissolving our sense of separation, or profoundly forgiving or releasing judgements. There are also psychological skillsets to explore in tandem with Pisces’ particular vulnerabilities, like the need for boundaries or developing keener discernment.
Topics covered include:
-Exploring the archetypes of Pisces
-The transits that the Sun in Pisces will make to other planets this Pisces Season
-How Pisces Season affects you individually based on your natal chart
🌟 Magic of the Spheres podcast is currently on hiatus until the springtime, but there are over 40 episodes about astrology, spirituality, personal development and other topics published! Tune in on your podcast app of choice.
Here’s our week:
February 5, 2020
Mercury in 2 Pisces sextile Uranus in 2 Taurus: 1:43 AM PST
“The Empress represents ‘prosperity thinking’ and the very real power of positive imagination. ‘What’s out there comes around’ is a magical saying about manifestation. You just have to envision it and think you deserve it – not always an easy task. It is a nurturing time for you, a time to nourish yourself as well as others. Let your open, sympathetic heart be touched by faith in love. Let your desire for harmony influence your thought forms and wishes.” – except from the Empress card interpretation in The Motherpeace by Vicki Noble
- Picking up on last week’s meditations on visualization in relationship to imaginative Mercury in Pisces, we can also draw in some qualities of Uranus in Taurus to consider. Uranus in Taurus highlights our deepest memories (both at a conscious level and under) of having and not having, poverty and wealth, lack and fulfillment. Experiences of loss or not-having can result in us continuing to expect the same, or being vigilant around the possibility of loss or “the other shoe dropping” when things are going well for us.
- We might picture our minds as gardens, with different kinds of thought-forms creating different plants in our mind’s garden. Careful, loving cultivation of this inner mental world of ours will result in different experiences. We could wait for something else to loosen devastating thought-forms from our minds, or we could weed them ourselves and plant something else ourselves. Doing this is a way to get ahead of problems that would result later on through accumulated baggage of traumatic or counter-productive thinking.
February 7, 2020
Venus enters Aries: 12:02 PM PST
- Venus entering the Mars-ruled sign of Aries can lessen Venus’s normal qualities of negotiation and diplomacy and bring in more elements of personal willfulness, asserting autonomy, and confrontation.
- It is difficult to speak of Venus in Aries without also mentioning the existence of cultural conditioning that shame women’s anger (noting the traditional correlation of Venus with feminine, Venus with women). Venus entering Aries can bring to the fore feelings that are normally repressed in order to maintain harmony or appearances. Venus’ graces can come through in Martian ways such as, but not limited to – skillful relationship with anger and wielding the creative power of anger and its capacity to direct us toward needed change, asserting ourselves where we have not felt able to in the past, defending others who are being bullied and/or disenfranchised, and deepening our skillsets in the realm of conflict resolution and conflict mediation.
- For those who are more in touch with anger to a point that they struggle with rage and anger issues, Venus in Aries can be a supportive time for learning how to better relate to, and work with anger, such as in a therapeutic or relational setting designed around that (i.e. anger management, therapy, etc.).
- Venus in Aries has some archetypal resonance with the coach figure, a person who uplifts and empowers others in their goals and ambitions. Coaching relationships are clearly defined by contract. In our personal lives, however, when we get the impulse to coach another person through their problems it can be important to ask for their consent, or if they’d like to hear our feedback or not. Or if we would like someone to help us, it can be helpful to ask for what kind of support we’d like. Venus in Aries may correlate with more directness.
February 8, 2020
Full Moon in 20 Leo: 11:33 PM PST
The last time the Moon was in Leo, it was during the exact Saturn-Pluto conjunction on January 12! This Full Moon in Leo, the Moon forms a quincunx/inconjunct to Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn as well as to Neptune in Pisces, forming a yod with the Moon at the apex. In other words…
- Amidst whatever seriousness or gravity is currently creating some contractions for us internally or in our lives, there is some movement toward fun and a nourishment that comes from play. Remembering how to play in places we have grown extraordinarily serious can prove to be life-altering right now. It may help us make decisions from a less fearful/reactive and more empowered place.
- In Shaman Durek’s cosmology (host of Ancient Wisdom Today podcast and author of the book Spirit Hacking) the inner-child is God and doing things now to connect with that inner-child’s wishes and feelings is both a way of healing the soul wherever it has fragmented and also drawing closer to God and our capacity to be powerful creators. Many psychological teachings around re-parenting also emphasize this point that we are always carrying our inner-child throughout our life and there is something powerful that happens when we attend to this being. So consider how you are staying in touch with your inner-child and what activities would nurture this being that is a very core part of you.
February 10, 2020
Venus in 2 Aries conjunct Chiron in 2 Aries: 12:06 AM PST
(Image: Cupid and Psyche at the Fountain of Eternal Youth by Frank O. Salisbury)
- Venus conjunct Chiron can put us more in touch with our wounds around relatedness and connection (and let’s be real, we all have them), and in this tenderness there is a capacity for healing.
- Have you noticed it’s been easier for you to draw closer to spirit when in places of pain than when you feel like you’re on an upswing? Pain is a powerful place of opening and we can feel more in need of divine assistance and more willing to seek. Of course, staying spiritually connected at other times is worthwhile as well – such that we don’t get lost in the appearances of life and forget the Source from which they arose. If during the week you become more aware of your pain points or feel them being poked at, see if you can use these moments as a portal into healing and deeper spiritual connection. Or, when things are going well and you’re pinching yourself that life is so good, give yourself the healing of affirming that you deserve it and its okay to have nice things! The line between pain and pleasure is thin here (with the heights, comes the fear of loss) so either extreme offers us a window into deeper healing around worthiness, safety, and connection.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! I really appreciate you being here with me as I know that if you connect to this writing we have likemindedness and that is so special. Please share this article with a friend who you think would resonate!
Please let me know what you think in the comments – truly I want to know so leave a note! I love you and you are soul family to me, thank you for finding your way to these words and resonating with them in whatever ways you have.
If you enjoy these forecasts and would like more personalized guidance re your personal astrology, I would love to read your natal chart and transits for you! If you would like me to explore the themes in your chart, book a reading with me here.
I meditate on charts before the reading and combine my knowledge of astrology with my clairvoyant abilities to offer you some insights about themes you are working with in this life based on prior lives, and what is the evolutionary purpose of this lifetime. I recorded an episode on my podcast recently titled Befriending your Intuition and Clairvoyance if you’d like to learn more about my relationship with clairvoyance along with tips for increasing yours!
I can work with your specific questions and shed light on ongoing issues or patterns you would like to shift, as well! Book with me here.
I’m also becoming increasingly expressive on instagram, so go find me there @sabrinamonarch and say hello! I’m posting a lot of content there that I don’t share anywhere else and I love interacting with you there as well as on twitter @sabrina_monarch.
Sabrina Monarch is a soul-centered Evolutionary Astrologer who publishes weekly astrological forecasts, works with clients and teaches. She is a novelist and is currently has an M.A. in Philosophy, Cosmology and Consciousness from the California Institute of Integral Studies.
(Top Image: rena illustration)