The mood of this week is growing ever more cosmic, mystical, or oceanic, with a Full Moon in Pisces approaching. The Piscean inheritance is one of pure bliss – the delight of the mystic, the total approval of life. As beautiful as that sounds, the mystic has many changing emotions and is prone to feeling the entire range of human experience – grief, rage, sorrow, and ecstasy alike. Pisces connects us to our porousness with all that is. Pisces includes the wisdom of overcoming unnecessary suffering, or knowing how to create necessary psychic boundaries in the midst of the ocean of every possible experience or feeling. And yet, the full range of true experience: that which is ours to process/feel, is an ego-dissolving and universe-opening medicine.
While the Moon is growing in fullness, Venus in Scorpio will square Saturn in Aquarius. The square is a stressful aspect, signifying tension and dynamism. The quality of this square may correlate with conflicts related to intimacy and relationship, self-esteem, values and value judgements. The way these conflicts come up in our field may feel historic like we’re really IN IT – in the pattern we know all too well. (Recognizing our patterns is a form of self-awareness and psychological maturity that is deeply valuable on a personal development/spiritual path – it is an accomplishment in of itself. The story of how these patterns transform is the drama we are living out.)
The Full Moon is mutable in quality though, which relates to change, and the Moon in Pisces will be conjunct Neptune, signifying dissolution. We may be increasingly lucid this week about the ways our particular patterns (such as in intimacy, or how we relate to work or money) show up in every area of our lives, not just the one area it is showing up the loudest. In this heightened state of lucidity/awareness, and in this heightened state of the psychic tension of holding such awareness, we may be inspired to make a new choice or enact a subtle adjustment that allows something major to release and loosen.
DEEP SIGH. 😌
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the zeitgeist feels like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox and be notified of upcoming educational opportunities, sign up for my mailing list here.
Watch this week’s forecast on YouTube, or keep reading below:
Here’s our week after a few announcements!
INNER WEALTH: Psyche as Treasure – a guided Visualization event
What mysterious palace exists behind our eyes? What wilderness?
Might it never be lost on us that the Psyche is a receiver of images and thoughts, in dream and waking, that seem to come from nowhere or come from roots so deep within us we don’t know where they even began.
Psyche is Inner Cosmos.
A great principle within astrology is “as within, so without” meaning that when we develop internally – psychologically, emotionally, spiritually, the external environment reflects it.But I think this goes a level deeper as well – that we can never exhaust the mysteries of outer space, nor can we exhaust the mysteries of inner space.
Visualization is a practice of inner-gnosis. I came to a more creative relationship with my Psyche when I first decided I wanted to create my own brain chemistry and challenge the prescribed narrative that I had no agency in cultivating my emotional reality on purpose.
So I started to build feelings that started from a place of imagination. I cultivated inner-wealth in the form of thoughts and feelings I chose on purpose. I built more capacity in myself for pleasure and enjoyment, to challenge the capacity I’d already built up for depression. From there, Psyche opened and deepened…
Visualization can be a tactical part of achieving a goal or manifesting something in your life. This is one of the most normative ways we justify “using” the imagination. But what about giving back to the imagination, to Psyche, with the offering of devoted space and time?
Psyche is already a place of riches. Join me September 17 @ 5:00 PM PST for an INNER WEALTH guided inner journey.
.Did you know Psyche as an asteroid is worth 75,000 times our global economy (according to Forbes)? As a reader I find this symbolic – if only we travelled as deep into our inner space as some propose we travelled in physical outer space. It’s heartbreaking to me that mining Psyche at a physical level is probably the go-to paradigmatically more than simply relating with her and creating with her.
We will explore visualization as self-intimacy and dropping into internal, intrinsic worthiness: what does it mean to find our inner-wealth and relate to it in a generous/gifting way? Once we are situated in the inherent wealth of Psyche, we have already arrived and there is just space to create. Sign up here.
The upcoming Evolutionary Astrology Intensive is now open for enrollment! It will be the ninth run of this program 🖤 It is a comprehensive entry (or deepening) into the world of soul-based Plutonic astrology. As I get to see students respond to this material, I’m reminded every time about how Evolutionary Astrology is truly a wisdom tradition. I’ve had the pleasure of developing as a human alongside this material since I was 21, and it’s one of my biggest joys in life to share it and invite others into it. The course consists of pre-recorded content (that you can continue returning to indefinitely) and live sessions weekly to discuss as a group, and five culminating workshop classes.
In the last year or so students of mine have repetitively commented on the field or group dynamic that is created in our spaces. I just follow the lead of my favorite teachers – classes I had where everyone bonded. I watched how they did it, and figured out how to recreate that in my own way – I like my classes to be engaging and world-opening, initiatory experiences and a place to make real friends. I also sincerely think the content shared in this course is profound (the lineage I am a part of is profound itself) and when a group of people come together to attune to that and share how it lands for them, we do weave a beautiful community inevitably.
Enroll here. Apply for scholarship here. Read the testimonials on the course page. Reach out firstname.lastname@example.org if you have personal questions about the course that aren’t answered on the course page and we can discuss if this class is right for you.
Here is our week:
September 16, 2021
Sun in 24 Virgo trine Pluto retrograde in 24 Capricorn: 6:53 AM PDT
(Image: Kumezu Ota)
- The Sun and Pluto harmonizing in earth signs could speak to the creative potency of mundane transformations: shifting things in the home, signing up for an event or making a time-based commitment, crafting something by hand, setting up a campsite or fire, gardening, working with a particularly special object or tool. It is like our attention and creative potency is being drawn and collected downward into some kind of embodiment/form.
- Though these embodied/concrete acts may be ‘mundane’ or basic, the quality of attention in the acts is felt in the final form. Consider the aura of a meal someone cooked for you with love – craft turned into aura, the creative potency was transmitted.
- Neglect or avoidance also contains aura. Like miasma – defined as “an oppressive or unpleasant atmosphere which surrounds or emanates from something.” It is possible for neglect to compound miasma: something originally benign/innocuous becomes more terrible-seeming the more it builds up the aura of neglect.
- For our purposes, it is like we are granted the opportunity to do energy work with this transit: either through confronting sites of neglect in our lives and cleaning up, pouring our attention lovingly into a craft or mundane task, or some combination of both.
Venus in 7 Scorpio square Saturn retrograde in 7 Aquarius: 11:15 PM PDT
(Image: In The Mood For Love, 2000, dir. Wong Kar-Wai)
- Shadow (Scorpio) and responsibility (Saturn) are intricately connected. Shadow work allows us to reclaim personal power (away from leaking, projecting, and victim consciousness) and with truer access to our own power, we gain the capacity to wield that power and live from that place of power. Taking the deepest level of responsibility for our lives (at a soul level) is to aspire toward or be in a state of excellence: we are not wasting our life in woe-is-me pettiness or expecting others or the world to change for us to feel okay. This is not to say it’s wrong to feel the pain states of feeling victimized by ourselves or by life: just that we truly need tools for moving that energy if we do not wish to live stagnant and disempowered lives.
- Pluto has long been my favorite guide into shadow work (I love Pluto Volume 1 by Jeffrey Wolf Greene – it has expanded my imagination of how Pluto complexes can play out across the varying archetypes). More recently, Existential Kink has become *a cherished fave*, which by no coincidence, the book Existential Kink talks about the astrological Pluto in the first chapter! Exploring the concept that we unconsciously or secretly are getting off to the things we hate (how we love to hate them) segues into reclaiming our power to transform the situation at hand.
- Venus-Saturn appreciates intimacy, but demands it to be a higher quality. At a deeper level, Venus-Saturn is about the integrity we have with our values. Living our lives in integrity can challenge us to learn how to not be rigid or closed off, but how to actually in a committed way tend to the energies and activities that give us and others the most life. In the key of Scorpio and Aquarius, part of integrity with this transit is becoming increasingly lucid about our shadow, and from this lucidity gain more access to CHOICE. It raises the bar of how we participate in relationship because we move away from enacting unconscious patterns (as we unveil them cyclically) and come to our relations from a place of choice, as opposed to compulsion/addiction which is more extractive and not as vulnerable.
- Seeking greater integrity in our relationships need not be just about how the other person shows up – it has so much to do with how we are in touch with ourselves, how we know our desires and needs and cultivate our capacity to communicate them, and how we stay in touch with ourselves (as opposed to abandoning ourselves in the name of connection) so we can bring our full selves into our relationships.
- One way that this transit may show itself to us is through intense dislike or aversion of something in ourselves or in another, perhaps someone we are close to, or someone more at a distance. We are missing the point if we stay in a place of separation about it (“that energy is THAT person, not me”.) If there is a charge or an intense emotional reaction, it is activating a part of us, and that’s something to be curious about – a doorway to shadow.
- Venus in Scorpio can relate to deepening intimacy, and with this square to Saturn in Aquarius generally we may have some breakthroughs around intimacy that are truly innovative for us: there might be a conflict or something crunchy-feeling, but the way we lean in and work with it may prove revelatory.
September 20, 2021
Mercury in 23 Libra trine Jupiter retrograde in 23 Aquarius: 3:53 PM PDT
Full Moon in 28 Pisces: 4:55 PM PDT
(Image: Honey Hemlocked)
- How beautiful that the traditional rulers of Virgo and Pisces (Mercury and Jupiter, respectively) are trine at this moment of the Pisces Moon reflecting the peak height of light from the Virgo Sun. One spiritual opportunity of this lunation is to have a deeper sense of the interconnected fabric of everything – how all the details are fractal visions of the whole.
- Virgo is analytical, and Pisces is fantastical – the axis speaks to the way that our faculty for analysis and forming conclusions is truly more nebulous or cosmic than we might imagine it to be, as though it were strictly logical. Our logic is in relationship with greater perspective, whether or not we are cognizant of that. The same concrete details are analyzed totally differently by different individuals, say one person with a scientific materialist worldview and another person with an animist/shamanic worldview. It’s like we can travel into different worlds, without moving physical location, when we entertain a different paradigm of thought.
- The mind has been elevated in many philosophical/mystical traditions. At once this can give too much importance to the mind and support worldviews that create a mind-body split or approve of mental supremacy or human supremacy over nature… in other contexts, the mystical understanding of mind opens up the opportunity to have a fluid/suggestible enough consciousness that we can change our mental precepts: anticipate different realities, change our beliefs – and experience changes in the 3D matrix of reality itself. People who are too rigidly attached to their mind/thoughts/mental concepts do not get to play out these reality-changing experiments with much ease, because they play the same mental programs out and keep attracting the reality that reinforces their beliefs. It takes openness and willingness to change, to play the game.
- Some miracles this lunation may have to offer are changes of mind – realizing that some of our most bitter or disenchanted thought-forms are illusions, that have been perpetuated and given life by any ‘evidence’ we have collected to match them. Such as the way we carry ourselves in a room when we believe “no one likes me” and how the room matches the belief. There are always deeper layers of knots that can be unravelled from the mind, and what better lunation than a Full Moon in Pisces conjunct Neptune to offer those healing waters of dissolution?
- Where your mind is knotted in worry, separation, anxiety, etc – consider the greater story that these thoughts are attached to. Are you willing to let it go? A Pisces Full Moon is a beautiful time for healing and softening the mind, or giving life to more supportive/beautiful thought-forms that reflect a deeper awareness of love and benevolence in the Universe. One of my favorite prayers when I’m caught up in the height of an anxiety, seeing my pattern in it – is to ask God if there is another way. To literally open the mind and personal ego to divine intervention – to see something previously unseen, to make contact with a new channel of awareness.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! If you would like further guidance, I have been increasingly focused on longer-term experiences in the form of the Evolutionary Astrology Intensive, higher level courses for alumni, and 1:1 mentorship – helping people form a depth relationship to their natal chart and personal transits over time, to develop themselves, to be in their power, and to reach their goals, all through the soul-making lens of evolutionary astrology. I would love to support you in building your relationship with astrology. The intensive is now open for enrollment, and I am to take on new coaching clients again in the future.
Find me on Instagram @sabrinamonarch, get on my mailing list to stay apprised of all upcoming offerings and events, and I’ll see you next week!
(Top image: Luigi Russolo)