This week’s transits mainly emphasize Mercury in Taurus, as Mercury will join up with the north node in Taurus and then aspect Saturn, Neptune and Jupiter. Thematically this can speak to a current desire for tactile, concrete, embodied awareness – hands in the dirt, closed eyes turned inward to the spacious theater of our interior, playing with what parts of our body we can bring our breath to, communing with the intelligence of our organs, grabbing a handful of raw life and relishing in the way we can feel its weight and smell and taste it and just fucking devour it! 😛
Mercury in Taurus is an economy of pleasure and an economy of beauty. We know the ways this is distorted culturally (such as the beauty industrial complex) as well as personally – how our preferences categorize some experiences as beautiful and others as undesirable, some moments as sublime and others as boring. Not that discernment or taste is itself an issue, but that sometimes this mental organization of our experience draws lines where they are not needed, or unduly limits the range of where we can be open to life.
Writing (a craft of Mercury) has taught me that my perception plays a huge role in the beauty of my life. For years I have played a game of writing about my life experience with a tinted perception – to make beauty where there wasn’t necessarily any low-hanging fruit to pluck. To unpack a moment and find its divinity by looking for it (seek and ye shall find).
Taurus teaches us about inner-resourcefulness. With Mercury in Taurus, this is about being resourceful in perception – that we do have choice with our economy of attention – that we can pay attention in places that will create value in our lives. The hunger for beauty may be stirred this week, and while objects of beauty may appear to be ‘out there’ or appear to be something to acquire (and that may be relevant), the capacity to *recognize* the beauty that is all around us is an internal skill that can be dialed up this week, freely.
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the zeitgeist feels like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox and be notified of upcoming educational opportunities, sign up for my mailing list here.
(Top image: Sergey Kuznetsov)
Watch this week’s forecast on YouTube, or continue reading below:
Here’s our week after a very important announcement!
The Evolutionary Astrology Intensive is open for enrollment 🖤🐉🖤 May 2 – September 14, 2022.
Pluto’s significance in the natal chart is as deep and mysterious as Pluto’s physical distance from Earth. Pluto is a gateway to dialoging with the unconscious/subconscious realm. It is a trapdoor through the veil – the way we find ourselves here on earth at some point without memory of where or who we were prior. Yet, life speaks to the deeper memory at the core of our being through our fascinations, desires, and struggles. We each have the opportunity in this life to awaken to our deepest inner truth and live from that place.
Working with Pluto and the lunar nodes becomes a direct communication with the soul – the being who has been here before and will quite likely be here again.
In the context of the world, we speak of the importance of history – that history repeats itself or at least rhymes. The soul has a past too, and our lives are the cutting edge of our souls’ evolution. This form of astrology is therapeutic and electrifying because it is a bridge to what we know inside at such a deep level but have likely not been given the language or mapping for it.
Making sense of my life through this profound wisdom school Evolutionary Astrology has been one of my deepest and most unrelenting adventures and I’m excited to share it again. Learn more and enroll here,
Here’s our week:
April 23, 2022
Mercury in 22 Taurus conjunct the lunar north node in 22 Taurus: 9:27 AM PDT
- In modern western astrology, the north node is often considered like a north star – an aspirational point in the chart to work with, personality traits to develop to support the soul’s destiny. In Vedic, the north node is not depicted as cheerily – the north node is the head of a dragon and relates to the desire for materialization and the propensity toward greed. I personally see and relate to both — I do treat the (and my) north node like a north star, with the understanding that going to an extreme here can cause imbalance or distortion.
- With the north node in Taurus, there is a current emphasis on sustainability, building, getting into the body, and materialization. This contrasts the tendencies of the Scorpio south node which relate to a willingness to demolish, to destroy, to burn down, to sever and cut, to end.
- If we consider an entire garden (an apt Taurus image) this is a landscape of both life and death. The compost is all the richer for being made of dead things, and this dead material recycles into the most vibrant blooms of life. So even as we work toward building or materializing something in our lives, we are also accounting for the recycling and investment/divestment of energy.
- Mercury conjunct the north node here can grant us moments of logistical and intellectual prowess related to the Taurean processes of building, sustaining, beautifying, fortifying, nourishing.
- Mercury conjunct the North Node here can also speak to a hunger for information. Consider where the hunger for information is currently constructive, versus where it is a habitual tendency with its own endless need. Consider where you already have the resources to move beyond research/daydreaming and into direct cultivation and application.
April 24, 2022
Mercury in 23 Taurus square Saturn in 23 Aquarius: 6:49 AM PDT
- Lately my reflections on the nervous system (we’ll connect that here with Aquarius) have brought me to the image of a paradigm guarded by electric fences. Anything that is edgy or out of range for our nervous system to hold exists somewhere at the threshold of these gates or beyond them. So we are contained (Saturn) by the boundaries of our own nervous system. Someone with a strong people-pleasing pattern may feel deeply activated/triggered by engaging in conflict or stating their true needs if it contrasts another. The action of conflict is not inherently wrong, but for this individual it alarms the existing paradigm and its electric fences.
- There are many occasions where expanding our nervous system is valuable. Experiences like putting ourselves out there on social media, meeting new people when we’re shy, speaking our truth when we’ve been scared too before, opening to receive compliments or affection where we have not, etc. — relate to the expansion of the nervous system.
- Mercury in tactile, body-oriented Taurus squares Saturn in Aquarius, and one way we could read this is that we are currently having the opportunity to find embodiment, presence, and ground in places that are a stretch to us.
- Mercury in Taurus can also offer grounded awareness of where we find ourselves in range versus where we are out of range. We do have the capacity to grossly override our own boundaries, but there is a contraction that happens afterward when we do that. Growth happens at the edge of one’s comfort zone, but way too far out beyond that can be more destabilizing or low key traumatic.
- This Mercury-Saturn square we might slow down to perceive the thresholds and initiations available to us in our inner world – an appropriate edge that expands and nourishes, a true edge that comes from an embodied place, small and profound steps. Bigger moves that we’ve worked up to.
Mercury in 24 Taurus sextile Neptune in 24 Pisces: 3:37 PM PDT
(Image: Fee Schlapper)
- While Mercury has a hard (as in angular/dynamic) aspect to Saturn and we just explored that as an interior reckoning with our boundaries at a nervous system level, Mercury is also aspecting the porous and boundary-blurring planet Neptune at the same time, which relates to a much different process.
- Here, this speaks to a faculty of mind that picks up information that is ‘beyond’ normal or conscious register – like the lush or compelling dream images that waft into our vision as we sleep and come from somewhere mysterious, either somewhere out there or somewhere deep within the recesses of the subconscious.
- We may have sublime realizations, visions, or artistic ideas come through the portal of our relationship with physical landscapes, textures, physical beauty — like being overcome by a beautiful daydream as we garden, cook, or make something.
- Taurus and Pisces come together for such heavenly experience, the meeting of sensation with inspiration or vision. However, Pisces also works to dissolve and heal, and Taurus is a fixed sign that can relate to what we hold in the body. Sometimes when we tune in with ourselves, we don’t find our most orgasmic, magical self – we feel blocked, crusty, crunchy. When we extend compassion and presence, and offer expression or movement here, we can be with those layers and see them melt.
April 25, 2022
Venus in 22 Pisces sextile the lunar north node in 22 Taurus, trine south node in 22 Scorpio: 8:39 PM PDT
(Image: Maximiliano Marconi)
- Let’s be real… Taurus and Scorpio can go hard! We can become habituated into enduring extreme things. Take a person who has a high emotional pain tolerance and really needs total chaos/crisis/cataclysm to reflect on a dysfunctional situation at hand, because otherwise they’ve just had the capacity and resilience to deal with it.
- Venus in Pisces coming into harmonize with both of these nodes offers that we might aspire to values that are beyond our current experience.
- Taurus relates to a process of homeostasis, and we can be in homeostasis with an existing environment or existing emotional patterns, or at a visionary level we can begin to adjust our homeostasis to account for something that hasn’t even materialized yet, a dream that we are making space for.
- So as we feel ourselves in familiar battles, or familiar holding patterns, it can be expansive to ask, “is there another way?” Or “what do I really desire?” and begin to cultivate that new thread, even if our bodies and psyches have the capacity and more to maintain the holding pattern – we may want an experience beyond that.
April 26, 2022
Mercury in 27 Taurus sextile Jupiter in 27 Pisces: 10:11 PM PDT
- While Mercury in Taurus in of itself can be quite tactile, sensual, noticing the sensual details of life – Jupiter in Pisces offers story, and then Mercury offers details to the plot. Small, factual details may feel more plump with significance or mythos. Try it out by noticing or fleshing out the impressions of your day that enchant you.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! If you would like further guidance, I have been increasingly focused on longer-term experiences in the form of the Evolutionary Astrology Intensive, higher level course METEORITE for alumni, and 1:1 mentorship (mentorship re-opening at a future time) – helping people form a depth relationship to their natal chart and personal transits over time, to develop themselves, to be in their power, and to reach their goals, all through the soul-making lens of evolutionary astrology. I would love to support you in building your relationship with astrology. The intensive is currently open for enrollment and METEORITE 2022 is currently in session.
Find me on Instagram @sabrinamonarch, get on my mailing list to stay apprised of all upcoming offerings and events, and I’ll see you next week!