Mercury is still retrograde in the sign of Scorpio, bringing us to reflect upon and remember our deepest connections – Scorpio is a sign of intimacy after all. And yet it may not even just be obvious people from our past that surface up in our mind and dreams during this time, but even people we haven’t thought of for years, who somehow left a deep impression on us. This will be an auspicious time to further emotionally process these memories through practicing forgiveness and letting go, as well as refocusing on gratitude.
This transit also applies to accelerated consciousness on how we are engaging in intimacy right now – how we let other people in, how we engage our integrity to be someone who is safe, how we address and move our hurt and allow our connections to heal and regenerate. In a film, flashbacks or memories are superimposed into the narrative to give context to a character’s current psychology or reactions. Our memories can be chaotic or random, but they also can be connected to our present moment in a way not unlike a film. Perhaps healing and forgiving things from the past can help us be more present and intimate with what is now.
Let’s be real – we come into this life with a lot of unconsciousness and karmic entanglement. It takes us time to wake up, and come to clarity in ourselves, in a given incarnation. We have met people along the way who awakened us, and not because our relationship with them worked out in an ongoing way but because the relationship activated our awareness of our core wounds or karmic entanglements, as well as latent parts of our genius and creativity that wanted to come out. So it wouldn’t hurt to have some compassion for ourselves and others in regards to the emotional messiness of our pasts. Our insight and our healing breaks the loop of patterns that we came here to break so that we could evolve.
Venus will square Neptune this week as well, only adding to the dynamic of transcendence in love, and the spiritual journey of love. Same as our attachments which no longer serve (like our grudges) haunt us, there is a ghostly dimension to Venus-Neptune as well which relates to being haunted by our idealizations, to which this moment or this reality could never compare. Luckily, ghosts move toward the light when they are guided. Our fantastical projections speak to our romantic sensibilities and capacities, but sometimes we must redirect the arrow of our longing – not because our dreams can’t come true, but because some dreams are more life-giving than others. We are worthy of the sublime and the exquisite, and there may be breakthroughs around how we meet the sublime and the exquisite in our experience.
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the vibe may feel like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox, sign up for my mailing list here. You’ll also receive a new subscriber-only article about the current Saturn-Pluto conjunction, and be the first to know when my online astrology courses are open for enrollment.
Here’s our week, after a few announcements!
MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA NOVEMBER 15-16: Pillars of Creative Mastery: The Grand Fixed Cross of Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius – a lecture and workshop coming to Minnesota Stars Astrology Community! In the natural zodiac, all the fixed signs correlate with creative mastery – whether a specific project we want to bring to fruition or our entire life we want to throw into blossom. The wisdom teachings of these signs extend past personality and are experiential forces accessible to anyone (regardless of the presence of fixed signs in one’s natal chart). Learn more about this event and register at http://mnstars.org/calendar/
ONLINE EVOLUTIONARY ASTROLOGY COURSE, JANUARY DATES TBA: Whether you are just beginning your astrological journey, or are a professional astrologer, or anywhere in between, this course is designed to uplevel you. You’ll deepen your communion with the cosmos, expand your confidence in understanding and speaking the language of astrology, and gain tools to apply your astrological knowledge to bring magic, healing, and flourishing into your daily life. This course contains a comprehensive vision of astrology that empowers you to gain your bearings and deepen your practice for the rest of your life onward. Learn more about this offering here, and get on the waitlist.
(Top Image: Mad Dog Jones)
Here’s our week:
November 13, 2019
Mercury retrograde in 16 Scorpio sextile Saturn in 16 Capricorn: 6:35 AM PST & Mercury retrograde in 15 Scorpio trine Neptune in 15 Pisces: 2:34 PM PST
- It wouldn’t be unlikely for regrets from the past to be surfacing this Mercury retrograde, and now in aspect to Saturn, a planet that relates to both looking back in time and shame (among many other things like supportive boundary too, so let’s not get it twisted!). These can be moments, exchanges, situations from the past that make us a cringe a little bit – or a lot. But this is also a chance to practice forgiveness (Mercury to Neptune) when these memories come up. We are not defined by our past or our mistakes. So we may do some mental, energetic housecleaning when we unhook ourselves from our regret and shame stories by choosing to forgive and move on.
(Image: Mad Dog Jones)
- One of the common occurrences of Mercury retrograde are for exes to come back into the picture (they contact us) or we feel an urge to connect with people from the past. This does not just have to be ex-partners or ex-flings, it can be anyone from the past. In Scorpio, it may be someone from the past that we at once felt a very strong emotional connection with, or still do. There may be something here about healthy restraint (Saturn) when it comes to getting re-involved. Nonetheless, emotional visitations are happening when we remember or reflect on people from the past, or see them in our dreams perhaps. At a deeper level, this too can be about forgiveness and letting go.
- There is no formal rule on not contacting people because of astrology, of course. Your soul, your intuition, your judgement. And, the boundaries of the individuals involved.
- Two types of reconciliation to consider: reconciliation with another person that happens in the 3d (what we agree upon collectively as reality), and reconciliation regarding that same situation (with another person) through your personal forgiveness practice and spiritual connection to Source. Sometimes the second option is all we have access to, and even so, this is not about sending psychic tendrils over to another person that we have a heavy relationship with. It’s about making peace with ourselves and receiving divine support as we do so. We may be mindful of our attachment to how the situation is to be resolved (we need this person to do or say something) when perhaps that particular avenue of resolution is being blocked because we have projected too much responsibility onto this person, to fulfill a fantasy or type of redemption that we are more likely to find from our spiritual connection to Source.
Sun in 21 Scorpio sextile Pluto in 21 Capricorn: 9:56 AM PST
- We may be experiencing transformations of armoring – whether we are adding armor onto us or taking armor off. The caveat for adding armor onto ourselves is that it may be adaptive for a particular situation but we will one day be imprisoned by it if we do not take it off, or if we mistake it for our actual skin. As example, in a hostile situation we may develop a kind of toughness that protects and empowers us, but if we never take that armor off we will either continue to gravitate toward hostile situations (because we are built for them) or have a difficult time being vulnerable in general.
- Perhaps some would argue armor is never a good idea at all. But different situations call for different roles, and sometimes we adapt a more impenetrable or untouchable mask/persona to assist us in some way (however that shows up for us – the funny person, the one who always helps or advises others but never allows others to help them, the person who never cares what anyone else thinks, etc.) To the degree that these defenses are unconscious, we have less agency in adding or removing them to ourselves.
- We have spoken so far of defensive stances. These come from feeling threatened. Who doesn’t feel threatened every now and then? (Not many.) The radical other potential here is to lean in and create intimacy with life. Rather than just using our creative energy to build shields and walls that make us untouchable, what kinds of tools and skillsets would empower intimacy and connection? Chances are, these creative adaptations also provide security like the defenses too, but in a more positive way. Consider a person who has thriving relationships in their life because they learned about healthy communication. We don’t tend to look at healthy communication like a “shield” but it is a tool, and so is the shield.
- The greater psychic distance that we possess from identifying with our go-to “tools” or habitual use of them, the more freedom we have to engage in situations in increasingly relevant or creative ways.
November 14, 2019
Venus in 15 Sagittarius square Neptune in 15 Pisces: 9:07 AM PST
- There is a dynamic friction between our belief systems about love and relationship versus what realities are potentiated or not by the belief system. In this way, certain cosmologies about how to love and what love is may be more expansive for us than others.
- We have much to gain by letting go of assumptions.
- We have much to gain by letting go of the features of our past which haunt us, i.e. our ghosts – the one who got away, the best _______ you’ve ever had, the most fabulous experiences to which nothing new could compare, “the good times”. Notice these are “positive” ghosts. Negative experiences and trauma can also haunt us, but at least we may think better things are to come – there’s ample room to imagine that things could be better. When we idealize our past and think nothing new will compare, we are being ghostly and it’s a big trap. Ghosts hang around locations they are emotionally still attached and are thus incapacitated to move on – and often have to be assisted or ushered toward the light. So consider where you are still haunting. You don’t have to have proof that life will be sweet and magical again in the exact way it once was. You just have to usher that part of yourself toward the light, which is another way of saying to let that attachment fully die so you can move on, and have more of yourself available in the present. More of yourself here now, who is excited and optimistic about the new gifts and blessings that life has to offer us.
November 18, 2019
Mars enters Scorpio: 11:41 PM PST
Mars will be in Scorpio for the rest of the year, moving into Sagittarius on January 3, 2020. Mars enters Scorpio in a close opposition to Uranus in early Taurus.
- Mars in Scorpio can highlight our capacity to act from a deeply emotionally-attuned place, such as entering a situation with an energetic intention. At the more unconscious side of the spectrum, it relates to lashing out because our deepest emotional patterns have been triggered. Often though, Mars in Scorpio relates to an impulse which is more strategic than it is rash or not-calculated.
- Having energetic intentions before and while we act can go such a long way. We may think it is just “our imagination” but the subliminal message comes through. The subliminal messages come through even when we don’t have a conscious intention! So practicing aligning our actions or will with emotional vibrations or imaginative intentions is a way to act more deliberately.
- Intention-work is related to focus. We are holding in mind/heart the intention which requires us to come back to it when our attention strays. Focus is a practiced skill – the more we do it, the easier it is. Mars in Scorpio is like focus athletics.
Pst… on November 20th Mercury stations direct. Join me again next week for the details!
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! I really appreciate you being here with me as I know that if you connect to this writing we have likemindedness and that is so special. Please share this article with a friend who you think would resonate!
Please let me know what you think in the comments – truly I want to know so leave a note! I love you and you are soul family to me, thank you for finding your way to these words and resonating with them in whatever ways you have.
If you would like more personalized guidance, I would love to read your natal chart and transits for you! If you would like me to explore the themes in your chart, book a reading with me here.
I meditate on charts before the reading and combine my knowledge of astrology with my clairvoyant abilities to offer you some insights about themes you are working with in this life based on prior lives, and what is the evolutionary purpose of this lifetime. I recorded an episode on my podcast recently titled Befriending your Intuition and Clairvoyance if you’d like to learn more about my relationship with clairvoyance along with tips for increasing yours!
I can work with your specific questions and shed light on ongoing issues or patterns you would like to shift, as well! Book with me here.
I’m also becoming increasingly expressive on instagram, so go find me there @sabrinamonarch and say hello! I’m posting a lot of content there that I don’t share anywhere else and I love interacting with you there.
Sabrina Monarch is a soul-centered Evolutionary Astrologer who publishes weekly astrological forecasts, works with clients and teaches. She is a novelist and is currently pursuing her masters in Philosophy, Cosmology and Consciousness.