The Sun leaves Aries this week, creating a square to Jupiter in Capricorn before it enters the sign of Taurus and forms an immediate square to Saturn in Aquarius. Mercury freshly in the sign of Aries aspects both Venus and Mars this week.
With the Sun in Aries squaring Jupiter in Capricorn, the dramas of human courage are amplified, and the fight to feel good or to not feel depressed is highlighted, which is an interesting one. On the one hand, this signals finding morale within spaces of distress, or making the choice to do something we know will improve our situation even when we don’t feel well-resourced emotionally. We’re willing to pick ourselves up.
On the other hand, the fight to feel good or to not feel depressed can also symbolize an inner-state of resistance. Imagine theoretically, that you took the one emotion you didn’t want to feel and theatrically acted it out to an extreme, within a private ritual container you set for yourself. Would it feel good, to give yourself over to a primal expression of your deepest emotions and then let them go, instead of trying to stuff them down and act normal day in and day out?
The desire for “normal life” or things to be “back to normal” floats around in the air, yet the reality is that many people are facing the contents of their own consciousness in a new way – perhaps with less places to go or less people to see, and the timeout signifies much potential for breakthrough, awakening, or a rediscovery of biorhythms that may be closer to our bodies.
The piercing light of the Aries Sun meeting the gravitas of a sobered (Capricorn) Jupiter is a dramatic mood that holds some invitation for us that we face the parts of ourselves we’d otherwise try to repress, find the wisdom in them, and then let them go.
The Sun will move into Taurus shortly after, heightening our sensual reality and as it makes a square to Saturn (the ruler of Capricorn) coming into a similar energy of the previous Sun-Jupiter square, but this time with some calculated expression of an engineer with a blueprint. Like the Sun in Aries represented pleasure in winning, the Sun in Taurus represents pleasure in pleasure itself, and the desire to feel inwardly luxurious. The resistance posed to this goal can be our beliefs or traumas that have conditioned us to not feel receptive, or to feel less-than. And if we slow down with these resistances and soothe ourselves with unbending compassion, we can set in motion new patterns that liberate, rather than restrict us. A belief that encourages us to open deeper to life, rather than stops us before we even start.
In short, the Sun is challenged with square in its transition from Aries to Taurus, so there is sure to be a dynamic feel to the air. It is through challenges that we grow, of course.
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the vibe may feel like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox, sign up for my mailing list here.
Here’s our week, after a few announcements:
Monarch Astrology Kickstarter coming June 2020:
June will begin the sixth year of writing these weekly forecasts and I’ll be asking for your support to crowdfund the year ahead. I’ll be offering astrology readings, discounted tuition to my Evolutionary Astrology course, and more. These forecasts have long been free and providing so much value to many people’s lives, and I truly need the support of you as my community to thrive. (Consider me like public radio!) I aim to keep sharing valuable free content for years to come and I ask for your help achieving a salary for the consistent high-value content I share with the public.
While I have managed to do better each year financially through client work and teaching, I haven’t made salary yet, and I live month-to-month. I am hoping that crowdfunding the free content I share, in addition to offering services, will help me reach my goal of funding this work I do year-round, and be that much more energized to continue serving you!
I recently asked those on my mailing list to consider tipping $ after reading the forecasts, and after receiving your generosity in messages and donations I realized I DID have the energy (thanks to you) to go all out and do the Kickstarter – which would allow crowdfunding the forecasts to be a public, communal effort. Stay tuned for updates!
To finish out the fifth year of forecasting, before June, I’m asking for your small tips (a latte or less) after reading the forecasts if you’d like to contribute before the Kickstarter. My Venmo is @SabrinaMonarch and Cashapp $SabrinaMonarch.
Thank you so much for your support! ❤️
New episode of Magic of the Spheres:
I recorded this episode with Mark Jones some time ago (During Magic of the Sphere’s winter hiatus) and I’ve been looking forward to sharing this episode. As I would have expected or anyone who knows Mark would have expected, this conversation was lively and full of spontaneous gems.
I’d read Mark’s book The Soul Speaks when I was first beginning to see clients within my evolutionary astrology practice in 2015, and it fundamentally oriented me in my counseling work, and his books and teachings have brought so much value not just to me but to the astrological community as a whole.
In this episode we spoke about the Pluto archetype and explored Virgo and Pluto in Virgo specifically. This episode is full of universals, regardless of what we have in Virgo in our charts – we all have the experience of self-analysis, self-criticism, perfectionism, conscientiousness, and learning how to relate to our pursuit of self-refinement and the capacity to be introspective and to analyze ourselves without falling into a great abyss of self-doubt in the process.
The Pluto in Virgo generation were born roughly between 1957 – 1972 (but of course if you don’t know for sure, look up the natal chart on astro.com).
We also spoke about trauma-scanning (looking for fault in one’s environment), manifestation, the so-called ‘placebo’ effect and the power of belief, and finding grace and meaning in one’s own intimate corner of the universe… and more! Tune in where you listen to podcasts or on your browser here.
Here’s our week:
April 15, 2020
Sun in 25 Aries square Jupiter in 25 Capricorn: 3:58 AM PDT
(Image: Edward Burne-Jones, Hope, 1896)
- It’s a thing that Aries (and its ruling planet Mars) gets some kick out of conflict, and especially victory over conflict. This theme is touched by optimistic and generous planet Jupiter – and while Jupiter signifies optimism, Jupiter also has a propensity for assumptions and self-fulfilling prophesies of any nature. Often Jupiterian people are lucky because they so often see the good and they expect the good. While Jupiter is in the sign of Capricorn particularly, we should check our pessimistic assumptions, for we have some agency in bringing them to fruition when we check out/resign. There may be a feeling in the air that the battle has already been lost, before we’ve even attempted. It may take a little intention and effort to shift our morale, but doing so can have positive consequences.
- This alignment can signify courage in the face of low morale, and the courage it takes to both face our bitterness head-on and to change that bitterness.
- It’s important to face our lows and our depressions as well. If we are using all of our energy to resist the descent into them, it is only a superficial happiness and a deep weariness we gain in return. We may be discovering our personal rhythms around letting go of control and allowing ourselves to fully feel, and then getting back up and creating positive momentum again.
April 17, 2020
Mercury in 11 Aries sextile Venus in 11 Gemini: 10:36 PM PDT
- This transit can relate to a pleasant increase in assertiveness in conversation – finding ourselves more able and inspired to contribute. Mercury spent a lot of time in Pisces recently, which can relate to mental overwhelm or not feeling direct access to language. Suddenly in places where we were just confused/overwhelmed, we’re now likely to be bubbling with fresh ideas and some pleasure and enthusiasm that we can communicate them.
- There is an innocence and sweetness to this alignment, like a birdsong. Watch for people (including yourself) feeling bursts of inspiration to be chatty, to reflect aloud, to lightly and spontaneously offer up the contents of their mind.
April 18, 2020
Mercury in 13 Aries sextile Mars in 13 Aquarius: 8:55 PM PDT
- Mercury is already in Mars sign, and now harmonizes with Mars in a sign that is ruled by Mercury’s higher octave, Uranus. There can be a special magic highlighted at this moment around decisiveness and proclamations of decisiveness that work like spells. Examples: I choose to step into a new moment of time (to cut or clear away an emotional fog one is ready to leave) or I reclaim my power across all space time and dimension (to retrieve soul fragments and come deeper into oneself).
- Consider a liberating thought that gives you a deeper sense of aliveness and say it aloud.
- Consider if FULLY choosing the moment you are in or the choices you are making help you feel more connected. If we are performing the motions of something but haven’t consciously chosen to be there, we are having a way different experience than if we are doing something and have decided we’ve chosen it with all our heart.
April 19, 2020
Sun enters Taurus: 7:45 AM PDT
The Sun enters Taurus in close alignment to Uranus in early Taurus, and Taurus Season begins!
- With Uranus in Taurus, we have seven years of revolutionary impulse in the Taurus area of life. This means the revolution is about embodiment and cultivation. Heightening our understanding of this archetype can prove revelatory this month and for some years to come. Taurus welcomes us into the mysteries of abundance, wealth, and self-esteem, and the way we source these qualities from an inner state and our receptivity toward internalizing features of our environment that we enjoy (feeling a connection to food, to flowers, to the soil, etc.)
- We often have far more inner-resource than we tend to tap into and this is an amazing time for awakening to these inner-resources. I appreciate tantra and embodiment teachers because they teach people how to relate to their bodies in new ways. While these powers within us are innate, sometimes we need something to spark us.
- We become more magnetic the more thoroughly we enjoy ourselves and our sensual reality. Wealth is not just what we have, but how we feel, and how we feel about what we have. If we amplify our gratitude and positive/pleasure feeling states, and steadily cultivate this as a way of being, we become far more receptive to further love, wealth, and satisfaction. Taurus teaches us how to seduce ourselves and how to more thoroughly, erotically, connect with our existence.
- We can get stuck, or in survival mode, in Taurean experience. This season can be an important time to utilize the tools we already have (or open ourselves to learning new ones) around feeling safe and relaxed in our bodies and nervous systems, and tuning into what opportunities and connections may help us expand past our given rut/limitations.
- Taurus is a deeply tenacious and resilient sign, and one of its secrets is starting with where it is at. Taurus needs no external symbol of wealth to begin feeling wealthy – Taurus makes wealth of what is already at hand. Root yourself more deeply into feeling what you already have and then further cultivate your realm and wealth (if that is what you desire). Pick your alignment first (deep gratitude and embodiment, for example) before striving to obtain symbols that will validate that alignment. Feel deeply what you already have, then spread your roots when you are ready – it will be more easeful and magnetic because you are coming from a place of appreciation already, instead of lack.
April 21, 2020
Sun in 1 Taurus square Saturn in 1 Aquarius: 12:00 AM PDT
- One of our biggest obstacles to feeling connected or safe is trauma. Addressing and healing trauma is a huge part of our claiming of selfhood and our potential in this lifetime. It’s wonderful to study specific healing modalities, but even learning simple ways of re-parenting or self-soothing will do a lot.
- If and when you should find yourself in distress, consider what message you would want to hear if you were being comforted by someone that you love and trust, and give yourself that. It’s quite possible that such messages are in deeper alignment with your truth than the fears and anxieties that you are assuaging in the process. Thus it doesn’t matter where the message comes from, but it does matter that you deliver it and allow yourself to feel it. Additionally, the more that you do this, you may find insights open up in the process and your vision adjusting to become increasingly resonant and tuned in.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! I really appreciate you being here with me as I know that if you connect to this writing we have likemindedness and that is so special. Please share this article with a friend who you think would resonate!
Please let me know what you think in the comments – truly I want to know so leave a note! I love you and you are soul family to me, thank you for finding your way to these words and resonating with them in whatever ways you have.
If you enjoy these forecasts and would like more personalized guidance re your personal astrology, I would love to read your natal chart and transits for you! If you would like me to explore the themes in your chart, book a reading with me here.
I meditate on charts before the reading and combine my knowledge of astrology with my clairvoyant abilities to offer you some insights about themes you are working with in this life based on prior lives, and what is the evolutionary purpose of this lifetime. I recorded an episode on my podcast recently titled Befriending your Intuition and Clairvoyance if you’d like to learn more about my relationship with clairvoyance along with tips for increasing yours!
I can work with your specific questions and shed light on ongoing issues or patterns you would like to shift, as well! Book with me here.
I’m also becoming increasingly expressive on instagram, so go find me there @sabrinamonarch and say hello! I’m posting content there that I don’t share anywhere else and I love interacting with you there as well as on twitter @sabrina_monarch.
Sabrina Monarch is a soul-centered Evolutionary Astrologer who publishes weekly astrological forecasts, works with clients and teaches. She is a novelist and has a M.A. in Philosophy, Cosmology and Consciousness from the California Institute of Integral Studies.