Capricorn Season begins this week, with winter solstice for those of us in the northern hemisphere and summer solstice for those in the southern hemisphere. We often see Capricorn as a very worldly archetype, and it is – but at an energetic level Capricorn is about our inner cord of integrity. It can be the standards that we adhere to. The maturity within this archetype relates to having standards that are authentic to our nature, not just standards that we’ve internalized unconsciously. Capricorn Season calls us inward to assess if the labor and effort we are putting into life matches our core values and is taking us to somewhere we wish to go, or not. Sometimes this call for deep-rest appears as depression, yet it is these moments of stillness that allow us the crystallization of vision and insight to appropriately assess matters of gravity or importance.
As a reminder, though we are in the bodies of adults (nearly all of my readers are adults, so I’m speaking to you), we energetically still carry the imprints of our inner-child. Whenever we have a feeling that we judge as irrational or overreactive, that we attempt to push away, we are also pushing back that inner-child. Children, for the most part & especially if they are safe, emote dramatically. As adults we may have learned more emotional regulation, but when we are triggered there will be a part of us that is our inner-child, asking again for recognition, soothing, validation, and so on. Capricorn mastery isn’t just putting the hard emotions aside and doing the big epic thing anyway – it’s taking the moment to be fully present with and validate the inner-child’s experience, and then to carry on.
If we really are attuned to our inner-child we are less likely to align our lives with the kind of constant self-compromise that would require our repression to cope, and we are more likely to move toward a kind of life that feels in resonance with our own self-validation – or in other words, a life of integrity that we also feel safe within. After all, Capricorn’s ruling planet, Saturn, correlates to the root chakra, which is all about our sense of safety. Validating our inner-child is deep work – see if it makes you feel safer and more secure.
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the vibe may feel like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox, sign up for my mailing list here. You’ll also receive a new subscriber-only article about the current Saturn-Pluto conjunction.
Here’s our week, after an announcement!
The upcoming four-month, deep-dive Evolutionary Astrology Intensive coming this January is now open for enrollment. Learn how to read natal charts from the perspective of the soul & the soul’s ongoing evolution. Whether you are just beginning your astrological journey, or are a professional astrologer, or anywhere in between, this course is designed to uplevel you. You’ll deepen your communion with the cosmos, expand your confidence in understanding and speaking the language of astrology, and gain tools to apply your astrological knowledge to bring magic, healing, and flourishing into your daily life. Read all about this course, including student testimonials, and enroll here!
“Sabrina’s program was a transformational, empowering experience. I recommend it to anyone interested in deepening their understanding of themselves and their place in the cosmos. This class was a paradigm shift for me, adding dimension to my understanding of astrology that I had not even conceived of. Sabrina is a wise, positive, and empowering guide who is gifted in accessing the soulful aspects of the natal chart. She is supportive and accessible, and has really gone out of her way to make sure that the material is understood. As a healer and herbalist, this has deepened my practice and helped me to incorporate chart readings into my work. Sabrina’s perspective is unique and clearly cultivated from years of soul-seeking and intensive study and observation. It is healing, soulful astrology in service to a bigger picture. I left every class feeling inspired. And it was amazing to be in community with likeminded people! If you’re considering this class, take a leap and go for it. It is well worth it!” – Lauren O.
Here’s our week!
December 19, 2019
Mars in 19 Scorpio sextile Saturn in 19 Capricorn: 2:00 PM PST
(Image: Kate O’Hara)
- Mars-Saturn alignments tend to correlate with frustration, since Mars tends to like unobstructed freedom and Saturn represents boundaries and at times, blocks. Alternately, Mars-Saturn alignments can also relate to formidable expressions of Mars due to structure and conditioning (i.e. the solider, an army).
- In terms of frustration between these two at the moment – Scorpio can relate to fixation and obsession, and Saturn has a tendency to highlight the negative. We can be working with our negative fixations at this time. Noticing what feels off or unsettling can be a catalyst for change. If we are continually suppressing this awareness, rather than processing it, its current re-emergence may feel more pressing.
- What we suppress relates to what is outside of the boundary of what we deem acceptable or have been conditioned to deem as acceptable. Scorpio tends to relate to the taboo, what is edgy – and Saturn again, boundary. Because Mars and Saturn are forming a harmonious aspect to one another, it’s possible that some of these edgy inner-dialogues are somewhat easeful to have.
Mercury in 16 Sagittarius square Neptune in 16 Pisces: 8:19 PM PST
- This transit may favor streams of information that are more imaginative – like storytelling, dreaming, or active visualization. Literarily speaking, this is like the fantasy genre. There may be more extravagance available to us, to really travel places in our consciousness or to see things in a very optimistic light, i.e. “anything is possible.” These could also be magical, philosophical conversations – feeling as though we travel with other people.
- When we are really deep into a story (such as by reading or watching a film), we enter somewhat of a trance state where we suspend much of our normal reality and become absorbed in another one. At a negative excess this could be numbing/escapism, but by and large, story is medicine and we relate to story as a kind of nutrient. If any of the media, theater, etc. you are interacting with at this moment gives you a really sparkly feeling or you’re moved in some way, see what connections you can make to your own life and your own story, if it was not already obvious (and it’s often not!).
Venus enters Aquarius: 10:41 PM PST
Venus will be in Aquarius until January 13, 2020.
- Venus in Aquarius highlights cerebral love – the kind of resonance we feel when we feel intelligibly understood and seen, and our capacity to do this for others.
- This placement for Venus opens up a lot of breathing room in connection, or in other words space. Aquarius produces sparks and electricity with others, yes, but then often takes some space. This can mean space in time and distance, but it also can mean space in terms of allowance for another person to just ‘be’. It’s like an Aquarian kind of love to be non-reactive and not controlling, to have ‘space’ so to say, for another person to express their being without feeling a need to have an opinion or request about it. Inevitably this involves some inner-work around not taking things personally.
- Giving another person space to be themselves does not negate that relationships involve negotiating and needs being met. Yet even detachment here can help us more clearly assess a variety of ways that we can have these need met (that doesn’t completely place the responsibility on someone else) as well as innovative ways within the relationship to meet one another.
December 21, 2019 Winter Solstice (northern hemisphere) or Summer Solstice (southern hemisphere)
Sun enters Capricorn: 8:20 PM PST
The Sun will be in Capricorn until January 20, 2020.
- Capricorn is so often associated with work in the world and the public, so many are surprised when they learn it’s actually a very inward/yin sign. So what can we learn from this? No matter how many accolades we collect in the external world, it’s always an inner game. If we become lost in the outer world to the point we become displaced internally, we begin to feel hollow like we are going through the motions or life feels dry. When we bring life and attention back to our inner world, we will find that external events often reflect our progress. It is also this ability to anchor back within to one’s core that gives us the grace/gravitas to handle the challenges of life that come our way and feel like they would knock a person off-center – if, of course, that person wasn’t already located at their center!
- In a meditative space, play with the energetic of seeing your forehead/third eye as a window and notice if you can back away from the window and retreat deeper into the room of your inner-being. When you feel that click, bring this into how you interact with the world. Being this deeply inward doesn’t mean that one can’t connect, it actually means one is connecting and interacting from a place of energetic integrity. When we are displaced from our inner core integrity, we can be more “leaky”, or more in need of external approval.
- Though we may move slower in some ways when we are this rooted, we gain access to deeper currents of wisdom. Capricorn Season can bring both depression and the desire for great stillness. If you find yourself feeling depressed, see if you can toggle that into stillness and deep-rest.
December 22, 2019
Venus in 2 Aquarius square Uranus in 2 Taurus: 5:30 AM PST
(Image: Davis Meltzer)
- Aquarius and Uranus bring to mind the astral plane or collective hive consciousness, and these images often take place in upper-realms. But there are similar communication networks happening in the earth and below the ground. In an episode of Magic of the Spheres, Cici Cyr and I talked about how plants can connect people (like two people working with the same plant begin to enter each other’s orbit, vibrationally). You can listen here, or find it as episode #27 wherever you tune into Magic of the Spheres. Root chakra work and rooting meditations can also have a lot to offer us in terms of helping us feel and experience a deeper sense of belonging. Let this transit be a reminder to be in conversation with your root chakra. See what happens if you do a rooting/grounding meditation and then socialize from that place, or feel your feet on the ground and feel your body while you’re around other people. It’s like the room shifts.
Mars in 22 Scorpio sextile Pluto in 22 Capricorn: 6:32 AM PST
- Although there may be a certain intensity of drive at the moment (strong instinctual desire, feeling all-in on a goal), there may also be a great deal of reserve, caution and patience to draw upon. If we can slow down enough to see the energetic quality of our upcoming actions, we can also reign in what feels excessive or deeply out of alignment. I’m getting the image of a feral dog bearing teeth transforming into a friendly, companion kind of dog after some processing of our own innermost intensity is processed. This can be like the difference between writing in a journal and processing something versus immediately lashing out.
December 24, 2019
Sun in 2 Capricorn trine Uranus in 2 Taurus: 1:44 PM PST
(Image: Agnes Lawrence Pelton)
- It’s all about that internal validation and self-recognition! As we discussed earlier, Capricorn can relate to external success and status symbols. Being socially relevant or socially recognized is a valid need, but so too is self-recognition and feeling whole within oneself. As much as the reflections we get from the eternal can boost us, we may also need to touch root with a more intrinsic self-concept which can reassure and acknowledge us whenever we need.
- One of Capricorn’s lesser-used lifelines is asking for help. Clear requests for support can go a long way and can be intimacy-building and community-building.
- Pleasure is packed with energy. It gives energy. The grind? Is not always sustainable. As much as possible, we may find ways to bring pleasure into the structure and very make-up of our lives rather than overly compartmentalizing pleasure. This transit can speak to innovations within how we recognize and make space for enjoyment throughout our day-to-day activity.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! I really appreciate you being here with me as I know that if you connect to this writing we have likemindedness and that is so special. Please share this article with a friend who you think would resonate!
Please let me know what you think in the comments – truly I want to know so leave a note! I love you and you are soul family to me, thank you for finding your way to these words and resonating with them in whatever ways you have.
If you would like more personalized guidance, I would love to read your natal chart and transits for you! If you would like me to explore the themes in your chart, book a reading with me here.
I meditate on charts before the reading and combine my knowledge of astrology with my clairvoyant abilities to offer you some insights about themes you are working with in this life based on prior lives, and what is the evolutionary purpose of this lifetime. I recorded an episode on my podcast recently titled Befriending your Intuition and Clairvoyance if you’d like to learn more about my relationship with clairvoyance along with tips for increasing yours!
I can work with your specific questions and shed light on ongoing issues or patterns you would like to shift, as well! Book with me here.
I’m also becoming increasingly expressive on instagram, so go find me there @sabrinamonarch and say hello! I’m posting a lot of content there that I don’t share anywhere else and I love interacting with you there.
Sabrina Monarch is a soul-centered Evolutionary Astrologer who publishes weekly astrological forecasts, works with clients and teaches. She is a novelist and is currently pursuing her masters in Philosophy, Cosmology and Consciousness.