Something that came over me while writing this week’s forecast was a sense of possibility – I was excited about these Aries-Aquarius sextiles we have which are subtle enough to overlook (harmonious aspects don’t hit us in the face) but energies worth actively tuning into.
Aquarius sees things at a bird’s eye view, a systems perspective, a paradigmatic perspective, an ecosystem. Aquarius is genius.
Aries is an emergent principle, it is about birth, and initiating.
Within a system, a given reality matrix or ecosystem, there is always emergence.
Aries Season is a time, definitely, to tune into this new life! It often reaches us through instinct.
The gift of Aquarius and Aries harmonizing is a sense that our instinctual sparks of creative direction are actually part of a greater network. Astrology is a beautiful living meditation on this, because the natal chart reveals a moment of the cosmos which we are, throughout our lifetimes, a walking emanation of. We are an individual imprint of the whole Universe.
At a day-to-day, moment-to-moment level, Aries/Aquarius is like being a free agent. It is being tuned into a system of consciousness that inspires our sense of movement, possibility, and willingness to experiment and try new things.
For me, the joy of knowing my natal chart and the adventure getting to go live it out as a complex unfolding journey of awakening is my joie de vivre! I would love to share this language and system with you in my upcoming Evolutionary Astrology Intensive – we’re beginning in a matter of weeks now (May 2)!
Evolutionary Astrology allows us to gain a narrative of our soul’s evolution – who we are at a soul level, what we have been developing in prior lives, and the way this current lifetime is the cutting edge of our soul’s evolution – what is being asked of us, what opportunities are available to us.
I have been growing up alongside the school of astrology and offer it as something undeniably close to my heart. For those of you whose moment is now, to jump on the wave of this epic wisdom school, I am so excited to meet you and get to know you over the next five months. Learn more and enroll here.
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the zeitgeist feels like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox and be notified of upcoming educational opportunities, sign up for my mailing list here.
(Top image: Roger Dean)
Watch this week’s forecast on YouTube, or continue reading below:
Here’s our week:
April 7, 2022
Mercury in 22 Aries sextile Saturn in 22 Aquarius: 5:37 AM PDT
Saturn, Mars and Juno are traveling together while Mercury closely approaches a conjunction to asteroid Eros in Aries.
- There is a possibility with this transit of artistry and inventiveness – to be inspired with our vision within the parameters of what is available to us. There is a dimension of the mind that is prone to being bothered, wanting more, wanting something other than what is. But there is another dimension of the mind that, if following the ‘assignment’ to find inspiration in the immediate environment, will. This is like carrying a camera around and seeing the world in possible photographs, or being a writer who means to contextualize their experience as a narrator in the midst of something grand happening (even if that grandness must be discovered through perception and is not immediately obvious). This is a possibility of inventing vision within what already exists.
- Success and Saturn are connected in the way that Saturn is a reality principle – Saturn relates to cause and effect – and success is a capacity to navigate reality as it is. While people can certainly have limited or incorrect visions of what reality is or what is possible within reality (and then situate themselves within those limitations), the capacity to submit to limitation and work within limitation is part of what breeds success. Both Aquarius and Aries would have some propensity for bending conventional rules and finding something that is effectual in a less conditioned or expected way.
- This week poses an opportunity to be playful about making moves or being creative within the range of what is currently available to us. While someone might dream about what they would do five years down the road or *if* some permissioning variable came to pass, what about thinking about something exciting we have access to initiate now – and then do it? This is a way that vision can become grounded and woven into “reality”.
April 8, 2022
Jupiter in 23 Pisces sextile north node in 23 Taurus and trine south node in 23 Scorpio: 1:20 AM PDT
- The lunar nodes in Scorpio and Taurus are presenting us with the themes we find along this axis: resources and exchange of resources, scarcity versus abundance, becoming more than what we are through merging with something beyond us, power dynamics, the potential for extractive behavior and transcending the psychological impulses that cause extraction, relationship with the body and with sexuality, self-esteem and psychological complexes, receptivity and desire. As you can imagine, these can be loaded places.
- With Jupiter in Pisces harmoniously aspecting both nodes, there is a possibility that spiritual expansion, insight/wisdom or spiritual healing can soften some of the sharp edges of this nodal axis experience. Or that the ways we feel well-resourced in Jupiter in Pisces ways (full of love, having a sense of the bigger picture) may give us more space to work through some of the crunchy parts of the nodes.
- We might consider the ways that both Taurus and Scorpio can get tunnel vision: like our favorite food we want to eat everyday, or the person who is the object of our fascination/obsession, “I only want you”. There is a space where this kind of sensual, intimate devouring energy is hot and also space where it becomes twisted, painful, fraught with jealousy or disempowerment. Pisces on the other hand, dissolves and diffuses, softens and blurs things by nature. There may be some opportunity to, with good fortune (Jupiter in Pisces) soften our grip on places we’ve become fixated, and in so doing, see more of the bigger picture than we had previously allowed ourselves to be receptive to.
- Softening one’s grip does not mean forgoing loyalty or focus, but it does give our loyalty and focus more space to breathe. It creates more space to be in right relationship, bonded by choice rather than chains.
Mercury in 25 Aries sextile Mars in 25 Aquarius: 11:19 AM PDT
See Mercury-Pluto transit below.
April 10, 2022
Mercury in 28 Aries square Pluto in 28 Capricorn: 1:45 AM PDT
- It is said in modern astrology that Pluto is a higher octave of Mars. Mars can relate to motivation and will, while Pluto is the seat of our soul’s motivation and desire nature. Pluto is the realm of the unconscious, and it is in this layer that we often experiences blockages to our conscious will’s M.O – we think we want something, but another part of us is repelled or resistant to that path. Or it could be the other way around – we’re clear at a soul level with what our truth is, but our ego/personality has to adjust to that. To align our conscious direction in life at a personality layer with the deeper desires and motivations of the soul is a type of power. It is to be unified from the inside. The soul however, often loves its complex dramas, and there is growth that comes from our inner-wrestling and a time when we are ready to be clear about what we desire and how we are willing to apply ourselves.
- So we have Mercury, the messenger, contacting Mars and then Pluto shortly after. At a mundane level, this brings a charge and dynamism to conversations. Mercury-Mars contacts relate to eagerness to speak and some proneness to debate/conflict, except since this Mercury-Mars contact is harmonious (the sextile) there may simply be an animated and engaged quality to communications at this time.
- Mercury square Pluto, however, can relate to some more confrontational quality around Mercury in Aries kind of experimentally naming and putting out there something that has been brewing or has a deeper root (Pluto in Capricorn). There may be a sense of not being able or willing to conceal something, to ourselves, or to others. And we might consider what motivated us toward concealment in the first place – if there was something we weren’t willing to own up to yet, if we were afraid of change, or what it was that created this sticky impasse in the first place.
- In places where communications have historically gone smoother or been kept on top of, where there is foundation/trust/etc., developments may be occurring that feel rich, but not necessarily challenging.
- As a general point of tension, Mercury in Aries relates to emergence, and it is doing so in relationship with something structural/embedded/deep (Pluto in Capricorn). Sometimes polarization occurs here and the desire for severance is… severe. At a deeper level, sometimes we can see how the past and all of its conditions has been a kind of ancestor – that our current emergence or invention has influences from the past, even if negative or unfortunate influences have been alchemized for new life to occur.
Mercury enters Taurus: 7:09 AM PDT
Mercury will be in Taurus until April 29.
- Mercury in Taurus can be an expansion of sensation. With attention, one can tune into and magnify the sensations of a part of the body. Sometimes this connection is formed first with imagination, like someone who can’t immediately feel a particular organ imagining they do, perhaps many times over, until the sensation begins to appear. Mercury relates to mapping, and Taurus relates to our embodiment and sensory impressions.
- Mercury also relates to mediators. I think of bodyworkers who have shown me anatomical drawings and explained to me how a pain I’m experiencing in one place in my body is connected to this other muscle group somewhere else, and given me exercises/stretches to alleviate it on my own. While this knowledge became a resource of my own (Taurus) eventually, it was offered through an exchange originally (Mercury conveys). Body intelligence is highlighted with Mercury in Taurus, but don’t feel like you have to get there all on your own. There are many Mercury in Taurus messengers, holding specialized keys of knowledge to various body systems, gross and subtle.
- Mercury will be joining up with Uranus in Taurus soon, so we might also consider paradigms of body knowledge. There are many. It is important to find resonance and have discrimination/discernment.
- One thing Mercury in Taurus offers is a possibility for self-possession and simultaneous receptivity, which is to say navigating the dynamic of talking with an expert with rarified knowledge (Mercury), receptive to the information and how it could be integrated at a personal level, without assigning one’s sovereignty unduly over to the ‘expert’. Experts also have their way of navigating these types of power dynamics and may have their own practices/language to encourage the self-possession of others.
April 11, 2022
Saturn in 22 Aquarius square the lunar nodes in 22 Scorpio (south) and 22 Taurus (north): 7:29 AM PDT
Sun in 22 Aries conjunct Pallas Athena in 22 Aries: 7:49 PM PDT
The Moon in Leo will trine the Sun and Athena during this conjunction. The Sun and Athena are applying toward a square with Pluto in Capricorn.
- Pallas Athena is an asteroid that relates to strategic and creative intelligence. Pallas Athena is both androgynous (she contains many feminine and masculine qualities) and distinctly a feminine principle. Her fertility is expressed through the head, she literally gives birth to manifestations through visionary and creative intelligence. Her capacity for executing plans with accuracy comes from an ability for her to see her hitting her target with her inner eye.
- So with the Sun infusing Athena, and Athena infusing the Sun, there could be an experience of receiving an illumination around something we want to create, or an illumination around our own confidence that we can indeed go after what we want in an Aries fashion! Just going for it! But there is an element here importantly of seeing it internally, like knowing that we are going to win.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! If you would like further guidance, I have been increasingly focused on longer-term experiences in the form of the Evolutionary Astrology Intensive, higher level course METEORITE for alumni, and 1:1 mentorship (mentorship re-opening at a future time) – helping people form a depth relationship to their natal chart and personal transits over time, to develop themselves, to be in their power, and to reach their goals, all through the soul-making lens of evolutionary astrology. I would love to support you in building your relationship with astrology. The intensive is currently open for enrollment and METEORITE 2022 is currently in session.
Find me on Instagram @sabrinamonarch, get on my mailing list to stay apprised of all upcoming offerings and events, and I’ll see you next week!