As a forecaster, I’m catching up a little with the obvious forecast that “you will most likely be staying indoors”.
As many others have begun to point out, social distancing has resulted in new and increased forms of coming together in a similar way that the internet and social media have arguably both separated and brought us closer together. If we detach for a moment from the reasoning and events that have sparked social distancing and consider the phenomenon that more and more people are connecting in novel or innovative ways, we can see the loud appearance of Saturn’s ingress into Aquarius behind the concrete manifestations. There is a new concentration of consciousness in focused intellect (Aquarius) and the transmission of ideas within a network (internet, groups of people – also Aquarius).
Though Saturn entered Aquarius, the Saturn-Pluto conjunction (read my article about it here) is still active and its effects currently ongoing. My friend and fellow astrologer Chad Harris recently shared these quotes from Richard Tarnas’ Cosmos and Psyche (from the section on Saturn-Pluto alignments) on social media and I want to pass them on as well:
“More generally, this archetypal complex tended to constellate a widespread sense that one’s life was determined and constrained by large impersonal forces of many kinds—historical, political, military, social, economic, judicial, biological, elemental, instinctual—too powerful and dominant to be affected by the individual self.
Saturn-Pluto alignment periods are also characterized by displays of personal and collective determination, unbending will, courage and sacrifice; by intensely focused, silent, strenuous effort in the face of danger and death; by a deepening capacity for moral discernment born from experience and suffering; and by the transformation and forging of enduring structures, whether material, political, or psychological.
As an archetypal principle, Saturn has long been associated with a complex of meanings that, while multivalent and diverse, nevertheless possess a certain easily discernible coherence and consistency: the hard structures and limitations of material reality and mortal existence, contraction and constraint, deprivation and negation, division and conflict, gravity and gravitas, necessity and finality, the endings of things.
Saturn presses things to their conclusion and defines them in their finitude. It expresses itself in such existential realities as aging and maturity, dying and death, labor and duty, suffering and hardship, the weight of time and the past, the wisdom of experience. It governs authority, solidity, security, reliability, established tradition, the status quo, order and system, that which endures and sustains.”
While Saturn is now in a sign that likes to be contrarian (Aquarius), it is striking that opting out of the groupthink around the current situation, and not seeing the value in social distancing, is in effect not taking other people’s deaths seriously. The collective banding together to slow the spread of illness and prevent the hospital systems from being overwhelmed is a collective moral act, fitting for our Saturn-Pluto moment. We can manage our fear and soothe our nervous systems, but not taking precautions to protect other people would be deeply irresponsible at this time.
Another way to examine this transit and the current Saturn-Pluto moment is the way that psychological descent (Pluto) has been materialized by concrete collective events. When we are in descent, life feels distorted. This liminal space makes way for a deeper conversation with soul. It becomes harder to be distracted. We seek and become more available to deeper medicine, a deeper resonance with the reality around us. This liminal space opens the way for our evolution, and our connection to the information and experiences that we need to support that evolution.
Saturn-Pluto can also afford us the steeliness of character to face our fears, to draw upon hidden reserves of capacity or strength in the face of adversity. If we have spent years in personal development or working intentionally with our nervous systems and body-consciousness, we have trained for moments like this. If we haven’t, it’s not too late to start. Crisis is an initiation that often reveals to us where we need help, and makes the way for our receptivity toward mentorship and knowledge.
As planets move into Aquarius, as Mars joins Saturn this week, there are intimations of paradigm shift. So many people’s vulnerabilities, and vulnerabilities in our political and social systems, have been exposed in this crisis and we are at critical moment where political changes are impending, hopefully for greater equity and support for the collective.
In our own personal spheres, our inner-governance is changing, too. We may be called to become far more inventive about how we utilize time, how we participate in community, and how we work with quickly changing social and economic landscapes.
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the vibe may feel like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox, sign up for my mailing list here.
Here’s our week, after an announcement –
Magic of the Spheres is back after a hiatus! Tune in where you listen to podcasts, and stay tuned for a new interview episode this week.
Here’s our week!
March 25, 2020
Sun in 5 Aries conjunct Chiron in 5 Aries: 6:27 AM PDT
- Chiron in Aries can represent the pain of feeling alone, unsupported, wholly solo in facing adversity, and/or antagonized. The Sun highlights this wound for the collective all at once. We truly are in a unique situation at the moment where everyone on the planet is sharing in the same problem – small talk with anyone we encounter can go straight to, “how are you dealing with all of this? How are you affected?” There is an opportunity here for the light of reason (the Sun) and awareness to illuminate our wounds around loneliness as well as the medicine. Perhaps we have more agency than we think to ask for support, even though the people around us are also in it with us.
- Another way this transit is manifesting is in the many people who do feel resourced enough that they are offering help to those around them. One of Aries manifestations is the hero, or the warrior who is deeply in service — and a crisis can definitely reveal this facet of self within us.
- There is heightened illumination at this time of the immediacy and instinctual nature of our needs and impulses. We may be discovering new ways to address these needs that circumvent the routine consequences of expressing these needs in an unskillful way (for example, learning how to have a discussion instead of yelling at someone).
- There is also a heightened illumination at this time of how we serve, and the energy we may possess to take the lead and make a difference.
March 27, 2020
Venus in 23 Taurus trine Jupiter in 23 Capricorn: 9:24 PM PDT
- Among Jupiter in Capricorn’s potential expressions is the capacity to find the silver-lining or to develop and embody buoyancy in the face of hardship or disappointment. With the trine incoming from Venus in one of her home signs, we may be at a gentle impasse around making the choice to find the beauty in our current situation. There are plenty of unpleasant and negative impressions and sensations we could focus on, that may in fact be quite loud in our attention. At some point though we remember our various commitments – maybe we have long spoken of the value of gratitude, joyfulness, peace, or another value along these lines. Now is the time to practice that.
- In the midst of so much contraction (the lineup of planets in Capricorn) and focus on limitation, necessity, and work – we may be confronted with opportunities to discover sources of wealth and abundance we had overlooked in our more expansive or outward states. I get the image of someone cleaning their room and finding forgotten and treasured objects, money, or other pleasant tangible discoveries.
- There is a kind of pleasure we source from doing the right thing or taking care of our responsibilities, no matter how unglamorous we find them at first. There is a tangible grounding that occurs when we tend to these areas of life.
March 28, 2020
Venus in 24 Taurus trine Pluto in 24 Capricorn: 7:57 PM PDT
- There can be a very strong desire for pleasure and sensuality with this transit, as well as angst to the extent that it is not there. The angst may be unconsciously connected to this deficit. Consider the person who defers enjoyment constantly, simply to attend to work, obligation, and necessity. They will begin to feel overly taxed and not energized for the drudgery they have resigned themselves to. We may need to remind ourselves with this transit to do things just for the sake of enjoyment, to fill ourselves up in this way, so we have the basic energy that we need. There are plenty of personal and collective karmas around pleasure not being a necessity. But Venus-Pluto highlights the truth that pleasure and beauty are NEEDS, not just extra.
- Venus-Pluto contacts can challenge our addictive patterns around pleasure, such that the source we are drawing our contentment and fulfillment becomes unavailable or ceases to be satisfying. We may be challenged to be less habitual or myopic around where we source our deeper needs around connection and beauty.
March 30, 2020
Mars enters Aquarius: 12:43 PM PDT
Mars will stay in Aquarius until May 12, 2020.
- While Mars was in Capricorn (February 16 – March 30), we likely possessed more energy than usual to shoulder responsibility and expend the efforts needed to get the job done. We may have encountered ruthlessness in ourselves or others, and even the will to circumvent or our own distress signals (pushing through aches and pains, pushing through inner-resistances). We may have felt pressured to act in this way, even if part of us knew it wasn’t ideal. Stress or necessity galvanizes our systems.
- Mars in Aquarius suggests some breakthrough around discovering new ways to accomplish our goals that perhaps take less effort – like working smarter instead of harder. These breakthroughs, however, are often built on the foundation of past effort so it wasn’t all for naught!
- Mars in Aquarius can be like a soldier of paradigm shift – possessing the courage to actually change one’s mind or to separate and detach from one’s most habitual mental patterns that we’ve come to so personally identify with.
- Mars in Aquarius may relate to some tactical desire to stay above the fray, rather than getting involved in drama, pettiness, or even just conflict which can be avoided. While this may be beneficial in some situations, it also poses the risk of being disconnected. We may consider utilizing our detachment more strategically to have an impact in the situation. Maybe we have a perspective to offer, or even a calm, nonreactive presence to offer the situation that would be meaningful or grounding to those who are in a more reactive place.
- All the same, some situations DO call for staying above it. There is the possibility of vibrational misalignment (being on different wavelengths) and retreat or distance may be more tactical than trying to get on the same level with someone or someone(s) we truly, vibrationally and intellectually clash with. In these cases we may want to send light to the situation in a meditation, practice forgiveness, and neutralize the charge as much as we can on our own, instead of maintaining the warfare in ourselves and on the subtle planes. For more assistance on working with conflict energetically, read “Spiritual Growth: Being your Higher Self” by Sanaya Roman.
- Mars in Aquarius also highlights teamwork, or accomplishing goals in groups.
March 31, 2020
Mars in 0 Aquarius conjunct Saturn in 0 Aquarius: 11:31 AM PDT
Mars and Saturn ingress into Aquarius together, tinting both of their transits from the onset (Mars for a month and a half, and Saturn for around two and a half years).
- We are being quickly called to innovate certain features of our lives due to a rapidly changing playing field. It is important at this time to really consider how we act in integrity with our higher values. Some people run a lot of fears during times like this that society is just going to collapse into some violent mess, but we can be better dreamers and pathmakers than that, without having our heads in the sand. This time calls forth innovators and people can can develop blueprints of how to organize society more intelligently, more ecologically, and more in tune with the energetic shifts that are happening on earth at this time. We have inherited much history and conditioning around the lack of possibility around collective thriving – that some have to have, while many others have to have not. It is time for a revolution around success being shared in a network, and to more thoroughly recognize our embededness in the various living systems and ecosystems we are a part of.
- We have also inherited the illusion that the innovations and achievements we unlock in our own consciousness and our own personal spheres of existence are somehow isolated – that there is not also a shared ‘cloud’ of ideas and consciousness that connects us. This is why powerful change makers in the world have often stressed the necessity to themselves be the change. That one who wants to diminish or end violence in the world has had to address and clear the violence that lives inside of them. Many people feel helpless or disempowered about making an impact in the world, because they do not fully recognize the power of their own personal and psychic development in the role it plays for the collective.
- The restraint that Saturn can place on Mars is important to consider here. Instead of looking outward for an external problem to solve or an external enemy to combat, we can look within to our own transformation. This does not mean we have to turn our anger onto ourselves in a self-damaging way. But consider the profound effect of reconciliation, forgiveness, conflict resolution, etc. that happens in one’s own heart without the presence of the offending party (we may not have their presence, cooperation, or blessing…). We may discover the strength within ourselves to make change on the inside, and have the pleasure of watching these inner-shifts materialize in our physical, external reality. Anyone who underestimates this and only seeks to make external changes will always be fighting a hydra (the many-headed mythical beast who grows new heads every time one of its heads is chopped off). Claim your deepest inner-agency to make real change, now.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! I really appreciate you being here with me as I know that if you connect to this writing we have likemindedness and that is so special. Please share this article with a friend who you think would resonate!
Please let me know what you think in the comments – truly I want to know so leave a note! I love you and you are soul family to me, thank you for finding your way to these words and resonating with them in whatever ways you have.
If you enjoy these forecasts and would like more personalized guidance re your personal astrology, I would love to read your natal chart and transits for you! If you would like me to explore the themes in your chart, book a reading with me here.
I meditate on charts before the reading and combine my knowledge of astrology with my clairvoyant abilities to offer you some insights about themes you are working with in this life based on prior lives, and what is the evolutionary purpose of this lifetime. I recorded an episode on my podcast recently titled Befriending your Intuition and Clairvoyance if you’d like to learn more about my relationship with clairvoyance along with tips for increasing yours!
I can work with your specific questions and shed light on ongoing issues or patterns you would like to shift, as well! Book with me here.
I’m also becoming increasingly expressive on instagram, so go find me there @sabrinamonarch and say hello! I’m posting content there that I don’t share anywhere else and I love interacting with you there as well as on twitter @sabrina_monarch.
Sabrina Monarch is a soul-centered Evolutionary Astrologer who publishes weekly astrological forecasts, works with clients and teaches. She is a novelist and has a M.A. in Philosophy, Cosmology and Consciousness from the California Institute of Integral Studies.