We find ourselves in eclipse season – this week we have a full moon lunar eclipse in Gemini, which will be followed by a new moon solar eclipse in Sagittarius on December 14. The Gemini-Sagittarius axis is one of storytelling, the weaving of mythology, the logic of long tales and legends. As humans, it is so natural for us to think in story – to make connections between events and string together a logical narrative that coheres them. But as we know, these stories also change with time and perspective.
Eclipses are like wormholes. Expect that you may lose some stories and gain others during this eclipse season. We lose a story when we lose evidence that supports it, or we lose our capacity to believe in it. If this is a story we didn’t particularly like, we might feel liberated. If it’s a story that we attached our identity too – well, then that might feel like a crisis. Even so, part of the art of storytelling is the transition. The transition between scenes. It is up to us to be clever about how we tell stories during liminal spaces, and to be curious about new possibilities. A medicinal story might open a door where we did not perceive one before.
Chiron in Aries (Chiron is an asteroid that relates to wounding and healing) will aspect both the Sun and the Moon this lunation. If you have any stories that wound you just to think about, this may be a story worth reframing. Perhaps you have told it so may times, or have carried it around for years like a heavy suitcase. The Moon conjunct the North Node in Gemini is like an incoming influx of levity and it CAN eclipse your unwanted baggage. It will not erase it. A story well told will just be like a frame that holds the excess weight for you and frees you up to see a new dimension of yourself and the opportunities available to you that were once obscured.
Perhaps a transition appears like: I don’t want to look back on my life and have spent so many years thinking [this tired narrative] — can I get some perspective?
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the zeitgeist feels like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox and be notified of upcoming educational opportunities, sign up for my mailing list here.
Here’s our week after a few announcements!
Study Evolutionary Astrology with me in January 2021 – enrollment is now open! It’s always an inspiring group of deep thinkers that gather for this class. If you are wanting to learn karmic soul-centered astrology, and go deeper into the astrological craft in both an intuitive and a structured/guided way – and you resonate with these forecasts, you’ll love this live course.
This course is all levels. Have that click where you *get* astrology and can begin to form your own interpretations, or profoundly deepen your existing awareness. Learn how to read charts as a whole from the perspective of reincarnation – what past life themes have you brought into this lifetime that you are still working with? What is your purpose in this lifetime, and what helps you to evolve? Gain a personal mythos and a soulful context for a deeper understanding of any area of your life – and learn wisdom teachings of depth astrology that you can engage to empower your soul’s potentials.
Level Two Training for Alumni!
Introducing a new program for alumni of the Evolutionary Astrology Intensive (a level two training)! METEORITE is an Astrological Embodiment Accelerator, a deep nine-month dive into building skill and voice as astrologers. Expanding on what we’ve already learned in the intensive, we will practice our interpretive and delineation skills, continue to explore the transpersonal mysteries of the outer planets, work with the material of our own charts and transits, and create something (a work of astrological scholarship or art) by the end of the nine months to share with everyone. Call it an initiation.
Astrology has always been so fun and magical to me but also something I see as worth being dedicated about, which means training! There are many hours that go into studying, practicing, and then there are also the attunements of how to live astrologically (how to track the transits, how to evolve your expression of your natal placements in daily life, discovering learning opportunities everywhere like getting in the habit of looking up the natal charts of actors when you watch films, etc.) – so let’s develop skill and interpretive acumen in community. This is a space for astrological devotion, and for bringing this practice into earth – i.e. materializing it and making it a reality. Open to alumni, with potential special exceptions to people well-versed in Evolutionary Astrology. Learn more and apply here.
Astrology Reading Bookings FULL: My books are currently closed, but I am still taking new clients for ongoing mentorship/coaching (6 month – 1 year commitment). If you’re interested in working with me in that capacity, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. And make sure you’re on my mailing list if you’d like to be informed of when my books open again!
New episode of Magic of the Spheres! Cameron Allen and I discuss protecting the magic, and we go through the zodiac signs to elaborate on different kinds of magic and how to honor them in your life. Protecting the magic is a way of honoring and remembering the existence of magic and not getting so jaded or out of touch with it that it shimmers and recedes away. Protecting the magic is acknowledging it and making space for it and finding ways to come back to it. Tune in where you listen to podcasts or on your browser here.
Here’s our week:
November 27, 2020
Mercury in 23 Scorpio sextile Pluto in 23 Capricorn: 2:38 AM PST
Over the next few days, Mercury in Scorpio will form sextile aspects to the Capricorn lineup (Pluto, Jupiter, and Saturn). See exact times below, but I will delineate for all three here:
- There is a kind of pattern that is often present in our experience, which is that something is difficult before it smooths out. The body needs to be warmed up before working out and we feel much different while warming up than we do post working out. We might sit down to create something and think that what we are doing is terrible or stilted, and all of the sudden we find a flow. We face a void before something is birthed from the void. It is all too easy to think that if something is hard at first, that it is impossible or not the right direction, when it may actually be part of the creative process to struggle or feel resistance at first.
- In a larger time span (such as years, as opposed to hours), there may be openings around this time in perception – seeing or feeling deeper into an element of our experience. While Mercury in Scorpio brings depth, the Capricorn lineup brings hindsight potentially. Making new connections about the past is not for us to dwell in what could have been or what we should have done. Making new connections about the past is about learning, and this inevitably may shift our perception about our current reality and our current opportunities.
- In a shorter time span, such as reflecting upon the day alone – many of the passing/fleeting moments we experience hold universes in them. In simply going back to reflect on them (and perhaps in a way that materializes it – such as through writing, voice memo, or sketching) simple moments open up like a blooming flower tea infusion.
Venus in 7 Scorpio opposite Uranus retrograde in 7 Taurus: 9:10 AM PST
(Image: Alfred Hitchcock)
- In aspect with Venus, Uranus sheds its lightning flashes into our relationships. (As a figure of speech – transits are correlations with events, not the cause of them.) This may look like certain exchanges feeling an extra charge or feeling extra vivid. This relates to both resonance (feeling electrically aligned) and dissonance/extreme clashing. In another sense, our internal barometer for sensing whether events line up with our preference is extra high. Or perhaps, we are more invested in aligning with our excitement, such as by following a creative impulse and having a spontaneous, pleasurable experience.
- I’m getting an image of a lightning flash and then curtains in front of a person being drawn suddenly, and then darkness. This image is about the ways that in particular moments the heart contracts suddenly, or the openness to relate with another closes. This can happen when we feel missed/unseen in a moment. On the other hand, sometimes naming what has just happened (perhaps as we possess the skill to do so without blame and creating further separation) opens the curtains back up. It can be startling/shocking when we are honest with each other in those flash moments, instead of just retreating.
- There may be an invitation (from our environment, from others, or from within) to be increasingly authentic in love and in our relationship with desire. We might experience liberation from accepting and celebrating an aspect of ourselves that we used to be ashamed of.
November 28, 2020
Neptune stations direct in 18 Pisces: 4:37 PM PST
(Image: Leah Berman)
- Neptune stationing can relate to an intensification of dream life (dreaming more memorably or vividly) as well as of waking fantasy. Life without imagination becomes dry and uninspired – and imagination infuses so much of what we enjoy or find beautiful, like art. The more extensive our own fantasy life becomes, we must learn how to relate with it. How do you relate to liminal space – to possibilities before they form? Do you tend to consider fantasy as a form of escapism, or is it a generative and necessary part of your life? How do you recycle the energy of a dream if it doesn’t come true in the form you had originally imagined?
Mercury in 25 Scorpio sextile Jupiter in 25 Capricorn: 6:51 PM PST
See Mercury sextile Pluto, above.
November 30, 2020
Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in 8 Gemini: 1:30 AM PST
- The Gemini-Sagittarius axis perpetually reminds me of the nature of storytelling creating different avenues in an infinite choose-your-own-adventure book. While there are limitations we experience, we still have an infinite amount of choices within those limitations. When we watch a film that begins with a narrator, we experience a narrative frame that sets us up for the story in a very angled way. The way we describe our own lives is like being the narrator of our own experience, and this brings up the question of how seriously do we take the current story for being truth, as opposed to one of many truths?
- With the Moon in Gemini on the North Node (and the North Node represents a stream of incoming energy while the South Node is, partly, what is diminishing) there is extra support at this time to gain new perspectives which alter our story-making. These perspectives become more abundant the more curious and open we become.
- We might mentally prepare for a juncture in which a new perspective eclipses an existing story or narrative frame that we have about ourselves, about life, or about our past/future. How attached are we to the story in question, and how open are we to forks in the path?
Mercury in 28 Scorpio sextile Saturn in 28 Capricorn: 11:01 AM PST
See Mercury sextile Pluto, above.
December 1, 2020
Mercury enters Sagittarius: 11:51 AM PST
Mercury will stay in Sagittarius until December 20.
- Like Mercury in Pisces, Mercury in Sagittarius correlates with imaginative and out-of-the-box uses of language. Communication can certainly become less linear and become more like traveling into a different realm, with this placement.
- We might consider our relationship with speaking truth, and how skillfully we can transmit frank/forward communications. Sometimes people who self-proclaim that they “tell it how it is” are deeply hypocritical and full of it! Being careless/reckless with supposed truth-telling doesn’t tend to bear wonderful fruit. Mercury relates to craft and specialized knowledge, so in Sagittarius it can be related to skill and precision around communicating opinions and philosophies, as well as perceptive wisdom. What would it be like to really communicate a truth that lands?
- When people are hypocritical, they make sweeping oversights and miss the connections between their own behavior and the thing that they may be denouncing or criticizing externally. It is in examining these oversights that one might further develop how they live their own philosophies.
- It is also a phenomenon that we often constellate or manifest the things we talk about. There are certain topics I have given up on complaining about, for the most part, because I’ve noticed that talking about them just manifests them. My friend and I recorded a podcast *I never aired* because partway through I mentioned how it annoys me when people only talk about themselves and don’t ask good questions in conversation. For the rest of the conversation, I proceeded to then talk too much about myself, and my friend and I were both insecure about not asking each other good questions, which we found out when we were done recording. (And we could laugh about it.) My own hypocrisy was too much for me! 😂 It’s moments like these that have me thinking it would be better to focus on what I do actually want, like being an engaging conversationalist, and live in that space, rather than dwelling on something negative and becoming it in the process! There is a time for depth investigation and probing into difficult topics, and sometimes it is time to move on and live in the future.
- Having moments of hypocrisy is a moment to slow down and look at the details and make some adjustments. We can become more aware of the discrepancies in our philosophy and how we live out our philosophies under this transit, and we can then make adjustments to align with greater integrity. Sometimes this means rethinking our ideas, and other times it’s just about applying the ones we already have in the places that we overlooked.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! If you would like further guidance, I have been increasingly focused on longer-term 1:1 work with my students and clients, in the form of mentorship – helping people form a depth relationship to their natal chart and personal transits over time, to develop themselves, to heal, and to reach their goals, all through the soul-making lens of evolutionary astrology. If you’re interested in working together in that capacity, I am currently accepting new clients. Send me an email at email@example.com to start a conversation and set up a free consultation call.
Find me on Instagram @sabrinamonarch and Twitter @Sabrina_monarch, get on my mailing list to stay apprised of all upcoming offerings and events, and I’ll see you next week!