Sitting with these week’s transits, a message I want to share is that deep love and the faith in that love can transform and elevate so much in our lives. With this rainbow, with this high frequency source of energy – it brings content up, crisis even. I am thinking of for example, the love a parent has for their child that so profoundly motivates the parent to work through their own material/trauma in the effort to not simply pass it down the line. The deep kind of love that inspires us to face our fears and give the dream our all, instead of folding in the face of those fears.
This week, the Sun in Pisces illuminates the Moon at a peak moment of fullness in Virgo – showing that with great activations of love, of hope, of the dream, our capacity to see where we are out of alignment grows brighter. This illumination is confronting! However, understanding this as an energetic we can extrapolate: when we apply ourselves toward our dreams and higher values, we have more energy/drive for the craft of daily life. The emotion of feeling deeply connected within Pisces can extend to how deeply we are willing to merge with Earth – tending lovingly to the tasks, habits, or disciplines that keep the dream alive.
The Virgo-Pisces axis often reminds me of altars – the physical arrangement of objects that becomes a portal for divine communication. I also believe in all-encompassing altars – one’s life itself as the temple – that the act of aligning our activities, habits, strivings, etc. with higher values and dreams is one way we can really have it all on the line here!
This Full Moon can feel more emotionally jarring for the places that we feel ‘out of alignment’ or realize that something is off. Our sensitivity to small details can also be heightened – it’s Pisces Season and the rulers of the lunation, Mercury and Jupiter, are conjunct in the watery and permeable Pisces.
So I offer a pivot to consider, which is leading with value. Even and especially in small ways, small ways which have a cumulative and compact effect, how can you create value? This can start with the ways that you speak to yourself more kindly and give yourself more compassion and credit – while also building trust with yourself by addressing things that need attention/care. This can be how you concretely move through the world and offer your gifts.
At higher levels of alignment, living in a state of leading with value also requires discernment and boundaries. To be generous and live into the full heat of one’s Sun AND not get inflated AND not be a martyr AND not allow oneself to be taken advantage of or be overextending in draining connection is also a craft. Virgo is about getting dialed-in. We hold the dream of Pisces and dial it into all the particulars, the fractals of the whole. How could such an ask not humble us profoundly?
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the zeitgeist feels like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox and be notified of upcoming educational opportunities, sign up for my mailing list here.
(Top image: Charles Burchfield}
Watch this week’s forecast on YouTube, or continue reading below:
Here’s our week after a few announcements!
Astrology reading books open (online) – I am taking a small number of clients and hope to open my books more frequently than I have been. You can purchase a reading with me here (while spots are available).
Now offering in-person Evolutionary Astrology readings in Portland at Enthea Teahouse! Book here.
New episode of Magic of the Spheres! As a Full Moon in Virgo approaches, Chris @red__read and I recorded a discussion about the Ten of Cups and Ten of Pentacles, which are the tarot cards associated with the zodiacal decans that the Sun and Moon will be in during the lunation.
Ten of cups is about the ultimate fulfillment of the heart, the pursuit of ultimate happiness. 😍🌈⛲️
Ten of pentacles is about a fullness in the concrete manifestation of value. 🏰💸🔮
For a few months it seems, we’ve been talking about these cards with each other so we decided to offer something – deeper reflections on these cards in of themselves as well as what it might look like as part of the full moon story building right now.
You’ll find that the way Chris talks about the tarot is so inviting & opening.
Tune in where you listen to podcasts ☺️
The Evolutionary Astrology Intensive is open for enrollment 🖤🐉🖤 May 2 – September 14, 2022.
Pluto’s significance in the natal chart is as deep and mysterious as Pluto’s physical distance from Earth. Pluto is a gateway to dialoging with the unconscious/subconscious realm. It is a trapdoor through the veil – the way we find ourselves here on earth at some point without memory of where or who we were prior. Yet, life speaks to the deeper memory at the core of our being through our fascinations, desires, and struggles. We each have the opportunity in this life to awaken to our deepest inner truth and live from that place.
Working with Pluto and the lunar nodes becomes a direct communication with the soul – the being who has been here before and will quite likely be here again.
In the context of the world, we speak of the importance of history – that history repeats itself or at least rhymes. The soul has a past too, and our lives are the cutting edge of our souls’ evolution. This form of astrology is therapeutic and electrifying because it is a bridge to what we know inside at such a deep level but have likely not been given the language or mapping for it.
Making sense of my life through this profound wisdom school Evolutionary Astrology has been one of my deepest and most unrelenting adventures and I’m excited to share it again. Learn more and enroll here,
Here’s our week:
March 17, 2022
Mercury in 12 Pisces sextile Uranus in 12 Taurus: 5:13 AM PDT
March 18, 2022
Full Moon in 27 Virgo: 12:17 AM PDT
Pluto in 28 Capricorn trines the Moon in Virgo and sextiles the Pisces Sun during this lunation.
- Virgo is an archetype that relates to refinement and alignment – which can be our experience of touching this sanctified, temple-like frequency but is also the tribulations along the way.
- Let’s consider the Pluto trine to this Virgo Moon. Within Evolutionary Astrology, Pluto brings gradual evolution as well as cataclysmic evolution. Gradual evolution relates to the change and adaptation that comes with relative ease – like putting in the hours to learn a skill. Cataclysmic evolution is more crisis-like in nature, like the way we might adapt after suddenly losing a job or being blindsided by a personal betrayal. Pluto trines the Moon in Virgo, which is an easeful aspect, which brings in more themes around gradual, as opposed to cataclysmic evolution.
- One of the things that seeds cataclysmic situations or more intense crisis is neglect – the energetic of something not being attended to and therefore piling up and getting to a more explosive place. A person who suddenly finds themselves on the edge of a nervous breakdown may have a backlog of processes that have been going on for a while.
- Virgo relates to the intelligence of discernment, and growing to understand the cause and effect of small actions and the way these actions accumulate over time. In other words, Virgo speaks to habits and the health or chaos of our habits.
- This Full Moon brings illumination to the health of our habits – the harvest of habits we’ve cultivated yielding fruit, as well as a rise in consciousness about places in our lives we’d like to refine, potentially through the signal that there is an issue cropping up or something ‘off’.
- If we consider the trine to Pluto again but place it in Capricorn, one thing that will help our implementation of life-enhancing healthy habit is unwinding addiction that we have to shame. Shame is a state addiction, and shame and avoidance feed each other. Here we can see a negative synergy between shame (Capricorn) and avoidance (Virgo). “I feel too bad about this, so I just can’t/won’t address it… until it gets so bad I’m forced to address it.”
- At a higher octave, being in deeper relationship to our self-esteem (Taurus, the other part of the earth trine) can allow us to feel worthy to refine and elevate the circumstances in our lives, taking accountability (Capricorn) for what needs improvement (Virgo) in a loving and gentle way as an investment in the quality of life.
- This Full Moon might bring a sense of celebration around the habits we have already cultivated and getting to see the way we’ve evolved – such as how we’ve gained more capacity to respond instead of react to situations that normally would have overwhelmed us. Or we might be in the process itself of improvement – leaning in.
- One reason people hold onto shame patterns is a sense of wanting or needing negative/punitive feedback to feel motivated – that if one recognizes how bad they are, they will improve. There is a quality of feeling like the shame is purposeful or protective. At an octave of living in a frequency of love and compassion (Pisces lighting up this Virgo Moon), the artistry and value of life itself promotes the desire to cultivate it. Refinement comes from love, not from punishment. Refinement is inspiration, realized into form.
Sun in 28 Pisces sextile Pluto in 28 Capricorn: 12:37 PM PDT
March 19, 2022
Venus in 12 Aquarius square Uranus in 12 Taurus: 4:16 AM PDT
- Venus in Aquarius and Venus in aspect to Uranus both speak to the possibility of experiencing liberation in relationship, liberation in how we participate in connection. On the other end, in Evolutionary Astrology, Aquarius and Uranus relate to mental trauma.
- So there can be a process of being so in the trauma we don’t know that’s what we’re doing – it just feels like ‘the way things are’. There is a process of becoming aware of a trauma, like our attachment patterning or how we respond to situations because of difficult experiences we’ve been through that haven’t been fully integrated. Then there is a process of clearing the block of said trauma, and being able to have more choices or perspective in situations outside of being in the fixed pathways of the trauma.
- Venus-Uranus can bring this material to the foreground of our relationships, a place where we both re-enact and re-pattern our ‘stuff’.
- A way to be creative about this kind of material is to think of the kinds of experiences and circumstances we truly desire and where that is in dissonance with what is actually present or showing up in our field. These are places we may be personally seeking liberation – like wanting to speak up and share one’s voice without feeling tightness in one’s throat yet again, or wanting to have fun and connected relatedness instead of feeling deflated from yet another disappointing date. The question becomes, what is going on in your personal matrix that these experiences are a reflection of? What are the codes and programs informing these non-preferred experiences? What adjustments/upgrades would create change?
- I often emphasize the personal and personal power in these forecasts because that is a deeply meaningful locus/agent of change. When it comes to Aquarius, the personal codes and programs we run that feel restrictive are also connected to the culture – other people run those same culturally entrained codes/programs. We have been culturally conditioned. To break out of these as an individual means individuating from the collective. There are often others who have found similar points of liberation, and we resonate with them by being on that same path.
- To bring this back to Venus in Aquarius and Uranus in Taurus, one dynamic that might be accelerating and meaningful to our relational liberation at the moment is to be in contact with innovative ideas and innovative people (and allow that part of ourselves to shine and be reflected by others). This can challenge, contrast, add onto, fertilize our value sets (Taurus) and we can practice the act of choice (Venus) in how we relate or not relate to what we are presented with.
March 20, 2022
Sun enters Aries: 8:33 AM PDT
The Sun will stay in Aries until April 19.
- Aries Season begins a time of thrilling newness: feeling fresh within ourselves and eager to move outward into the world. Sometimes this comes with a full vision (like a hero with a mission) and other times it is a discovery question, seeking new experiences to answer the question “who am I?”
- This can be a beautiful time to lean into beginner’s mind, of intentionally making space for new experiences or listening to the gentle (or fierce) call of our internal impulses. Aries is willing to act, and then find out, as opposed to needing to know everything before beginning.
- Aries is not necessarily about throwing caution to the wind and not caring about consequences – doing something we already know is a bad idea is not the same as genuinely not knowing how something will turn out and moving forward experimentally. Feel into where your true edge of being a beginner is – that space is so fertile and creative during Aries Season. It’s a thrilling energetic because it’s literally a new frontier inside of ourselves, the sense of never having been to a place before and there is so much possibility and so much space to learn as we go.
Mercury in 18 Pisces conjunct Jupiter in 18 Pisces: 11:06 PM PDT
- This conjunction has me thinking cinematically – recalling films where no matter how bizarre or off-the-beaten-path a character’s experience is, the narrator of the film has something coherent and holistic to say about the whole journey and what it all has meant.
- There may be wisdom accessible at this time (through conversation, story, symbol, divination, vision) to contextualize particular experiences we are having or have had, that felt confusing or disorienting.
- A “good” story can give us hope, a direction, a map, a bigger perspective. We are always telling stories about ourselves, others, and the world around us. Not all stories are generous, enhancing, helpful – and some stories will give you life, open the world.
- It is worth being mindful about where we create stories that are half-baked just to create security or order when the truth is that we still don’t have the answers or perspective to make a story. Being a seeker or being in a state of collecting more information or asking questions can also be a chapter of a story. Endings/conclusions that are rushed in Pisces turn into what we might call delusions. At least be honest when you’re working with a hypothesis! And feel into where stories are inspiring and life-giving – what it feels like for information or context to actually feel expansive and regenerative.
March 22, 2022
Mars in 12 Aquarius square Uranus in 12 Taurus: 1:44 PM PDT
- Mars in Aquarius can bring conceptual speed, like having an eagerness around a plan. As this comes up against Uranus in Taurus, there is a tension between either a natural/true pace of the body or of material reality, or some kind of inertia/stagnancy within the body/material reality.
- A person can mentally want to run a marathon, but only have the physical capacity to run a few miles, and they have to train up to the bigger goal. Sometimes however, the mental will to run the whole marathon will allow a person to do just that, and then they feel the consequences in their body the next day of going way past their limitation.
- If we place this in the context of Venus having just squared Uranus and approaching Saturn, there may be a theme right now of wanting to accelerate intimacy within relationships but realizing that doing so (while possible due to passion and willingness) may not be easy to integrate.
- Mars-Uranus does bring enthusiasm and spurts of energy, but we may still be feeling into how to stabilize that (Taurus) and how sometimes just a little bit of energy is potent enough to create a lot of movement. In places we are already set up for momentum (the ground has been prepared) fast movement may feel more supported.
- The introduction of active innovation (Mars in Aquarius) to an existing system (Uranus) or existing somatic system (Uranus in Taurus) could be super enlivening right now – like what it feels like to do breathwork or a new breathwork practice. We are always breathing, but breathwork makes more potent/aware/potentiated something we are already doing. The body is full of aliveness and Eros, and innovative practices (Aquarius) can be a route to remembering that or fleshing it out in greater fullness.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! If you would like further guidance, I have been increasingly focused on longer-term experiences in the form of the Evolutionary Astrology Intensive, higher level course METEORITE for alumni, and 1:1 mentorship (mentorship re-opening at a future time) – helping people form a depth relationship to their natal chart and personal transits over time, to develop themselves, to be in their power, and to reach their goals, all through the soul-making lens of evolutionary astrology. I would love to support you in building your relationship with astrology. The intensive is currently open for enrollment and METEORITE 2022 is currently in session.
Find me on Instagram @sabrinamonarch, get on my mailing list to stay apprised of all upcoming offerings and events, and I’ll see you next week!