This week Mercury enters Pisces, illuminating the right brain and the faculties of intuition and vision. This is followed by a Sun-Neptune cazimi in the third decan of Pisces, which is associated with the pursuit of ultimate happiness. Pisces as we may know relates to fantasy, what is idyllic, the “fairytale ending”. Hope can both lead us astray, fog our clarity and have us reading things as we wish to read them, ignoring pertinent details and red flags. Hope can also be a regenerative well of inspiration that guides us to seek more from life than what there currently is to see. Knowing the difference is an ultimate challenge of Piscean discernment.
So when I speak of following the signs to ultimate happiness, what I am thinking of is how we engage the process of following our highest excitement – living a life that is lit up by inspiration and wonder – trusting this as intelligent information guiding us to lead more enchanted and meaningful lives.
At higher levels of integration, following one’s excitement is not just a bliss bunny kind of lifestyle, whimsically floating from one pleasure to anther without any sense of responsibility or purpose. That capacity for bliss can fall heavier to the Earth and merge with the density of this existence. It actually must, for daydreams to become something dense enough to touch and to live as an actual reality. When we think of happiness, what if it were not just peak experience but a holistic appreciation of our entire life? A moment-to-moment philosophy or discovery in action of how our spirit/soul is bonding with existence?
Pisces can bring us in touch with the ecstasy of just being – the ultimate happiness we seek is both elusive & something that can be touched, remembered over and over again as life shifts over and over again. It’s like an eternal koan. Tell me where the trapdoor is, what the key is, how you find the path. Then tell me again tomorrow, next week, next year. I wonder what nimble magicians can keep finding that pulse.
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the zeitgeist feels like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox and be notified of upcoming educational opportunities, sign up for my mailing list here.
(Top image: Valentin Serov}
Watch this week’s forecast on YouTube, or continue reading below:
Here’s our week after a few announcements!
Astrology reading books open – I am taking a small number of clients and hope to open my books more frequently than I have been. You can purchase a reading with me here (while spots are available).
The Evolutionary Astrology Intensive is open for enrollment 🖤🐉🖤 May 2 – September 14, 2022.
Pluto’s significance in the natal chart is as deep and mysterious as Pluto’s physical distance from Earth. Pluto is a gateway to dialoging with the unconscious/subconscious realm. It is a trapdoor through the veil – the way we find ourselves here on earth at some point without memory of where or who we were prior. Yet, life speaks to the deeper memory at the core of our being through our fascinations, desires, and struggles. We each have the opportunity in this life to awaken to our deepest inner truth and live from that place.
Working with Pluto and the lunar nodes becomes a direct communication with the soul – the being who has been here before and will quite likely be here again.
In the context of the world, we speak of the importance of history – that history repeats itself or at least rhymes. The soul has a past too, and our lives are the cutting edge of our souls’ evolution. This form of astrology is therapeutic and electrifying because it is a bridge to what we know inside at such a deep level but have likely not been given the language or mapping for it.
Making sense of my life through this profound wisdom school Evolutionary Astrology has been one of my deepest and most unrelenting adventures and I’m excited to share it again. Learn more and enroll here,
Here’s our week:
March 9, 2022
Mercury enters Pisces: 5:32 PM PST
Mercury will stay in Pisces until March 27.
- Mercury in Pisces can relate to non-ordinary ways of gleaning information – like receiving a vision or a message in a dream, or having an image pop into your mind during a conversation that turns out to be relevant to the other person.
- For practicing magicians/mystics/seers, these phenomena are not out of the ordinary, but from normal western society as a whole, they are not necessarily valid streams of information, “just a dream” or at worst a delusion.
- In actuality, having sensitivity toward the unseen or the invisible does require discernment, and Mercury in Pisces can both struggle with that discernment and feel flooded with unorganized impressions and fantasies, or be quite masterful/adept at spiritual and visionary discernment – able to read the signs or listen to spirit in a well-integrated way.
- The mutable signs (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces) are said to be double-bodied. Dualities that Pisces straddles are visible and invisible, truth and delusion, eternal and temporary, spirit and human. Perhaps a process of Mercury in Pisces discernment is to see with increasing accuracy the bridges between these realms – let’s explore spirit and human for a moment.
- There are inevitably correlations between a person’s psychology and a person’s spiritual beliefs, reflexively. This means that psychological development or healing could impact one’s worldview, as well as that spiritual discovery can impact one’s psychology. Some examples –
- Feeling punished or forsaken by God due to unfortunate or tragic events is at once a spiritual worldview as well as a psychological state characterized by guilt/shame/regret/not feeling good enough.
- Relating to God as a parent or relating to God as a lover (let alone relating to God having existence at all) correspond with different internal states. A person relating to God as a parent could significantly be healing childhood wounds as they relate to a divine parent. A person relating to God as a lover could be awakening their capacity for ecstasy and celebration.
- For most people, deeper layers of psychological healing or working through addiction requires a spiritual component. Whether it is fully a belief or recognition of the numinous, of Spirit – it could show up as a need to be connected with service and something larger than oneself.
- At yet another level, connecting to an archetype can help with relating to its forms – i.e. people who heal their relationship with “the masculine” to support their capacity to call in meaningful relationships with men.
- Of course we also see this astrologically in the way that any form of astrological discrimination (“I don’t like x sign because of x stereotype/experience”) speaks not to the objective reality of the archetype and its full range of glory and possibility but rather a person’s personal issues with the archetype.
- Spiritual and psychological discernment with Mercury in Pisces could relate to introspection or exploration around how our beliefs and worldviews influence the concrete experience we are calling in, and how our concrete experiences have informed our perception of God. There are usually kinks work out. 😉 To not work out the kinks is to stay stuck in the Maya/illusion, such as when reality keeps re-enforcing our limiting beliefs and fantasies and we just accept it as the way things are without realizing our own creative role in the drama.
- To awaken to the capacity to be a creator and a player (to shift our reality through shifts in perception and inner healing) invites an entire range of lessons as well – such as how we engage choice, how we relate to purpose, how we are informed by visions/signs, how we are fluid enough to have changes in perspective, how we relate to our personal power, how we relate to desire, and so on.
- At any level of personal/psychological and spiritual development, the opportunity for refinement is present.
March 13, 2022
Sun in Pisces conjunct Neptune in 22 Pisces: 4:43 AM PDT
- This Sun-Neptune cazimi occurs in the third decan of Pisces, which relates to the pursuit of ultimate happiness and is ruled by Mars/Mars in Pisces. We can think of the relationship between the pursuit of happiness and essentially, blood sweat and tears. A few angles to consider here-
- One is that there is a certain level of grit, courage, willingness to fall and get back up that characterizes the pursuit of happiness or the pursuit of one’s greatest dreams. It is the emotional courage to face disappointment, and to find ways back to opening the heart after becoming embittered.
- Another is that along the path of actually realizing dreams or experiences that bring us profound fulfillment, even the failures, difficulties, and misfortunes along the way clarified the dream or emptied our cup enough to sensitize us to the dream. The full arch of struggling to have friends to having an amazing community, or having a traumatic first-family to creating a healthy family of one’s own, to getting roughed up by love and then meeting a true life partner, etc- are very moving experiences for the soul.
- Perhaps there is the temptation to skip the adversity part and just go straight to the happy ending, but this is where the Mars rulership of this decan that relates to ultimate happiness touches me so deeply. It speaks to a willingness to champion a dream or something idealistic, and the very real initiations along that path.
- At the moment of the Sun-Neptune conjunction, it is possible we are experiencing a level of healing clarity around the meaning of past struggles (how they inadvertently prepared us for something beautiful we are currently experiencing). It is also possible that we may feel a level of spiritual renewal in our trust for life.
- I would also add that if we are living in an inspired way & and are open to being humbled by the path we are on (and making crucial adjustments, practicing discernment), we can be guided and shown the way. For example, my consistent desire in life is to be united with love in the form of significant relationship. Eventually I find the thing that connects me most to the fulfillment of this is simply to live my life at the deepest level of truth and inspiration. It’s when I’m fully in the pulse of living that I meet people I resonate with, and it’s when I’m in touch with the deepest truth within me that I’m most skillful at navigating relationship and the challenges and endings of relationship. Similarly, consider anyone who is championing their dream, perhaps someone bringing a project to life or someone realizing their deepest talents. This inspired way of being is like an engine – while it also promotes the necessity to find one’s way and find the path where the movement of energy will be most supported. This is at once an activation of personal will and a surrender to the greater Tao/flow of life – finding a slipstream where the wind or the wave takes us.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! If you would like further guidance, I have been increasingly focused on longer-term experiences in the form of the Evolutionary Astrology Intensive, higher level course METEORITE for alumni, and 1:1 mentorship (mentorship re-opening at a future time) – helping people form a depth relationship to their natal chart and personal transits over time, to develop themselves, to be in their power, and to reach their goals, all through the soul-making lens of evolutionary astrology. I would love to support you in building your relationship with astrology. The intensive is currently open for enrollment and METEORITE 2022 is currently in session.
Find me on Instagram @sabrinamonarch, get on my mailing list to stay apprised of all upcoming offerings and events, and I’ll see you next week!