This week holds an unusually high amount of exact conjunctions – Mercury & Saturn, the Sun & Moon (a new Moon), Mars & Pluto, Venus & Pluto, and then Venus & Mars. Conjunctions are when planets are in the same exact degree and second of the degree, and they carry an interpenetrating potency – each planet infuses the other. The lead-up to the conjunction is an end of a cycle, and like our life flashing before our eyes in the last moments of life, the *fullness* of the cycle is felt. Often this oceanic sense of vastness is beyond a rational context. In an individual’s life, it could be the sense of meeting a person one has countless lifetimes of history and karma with, but in this lifetime they meet anew – so where does all this numinous charge come from? The spiritual objective of this culminating phase is to resolve issues or reach insight about patterns so that we can finish them – like graduating a grade so we can move to the next level.
After the conjunction is exact, there is a deep subjectivity and sense of possibility. We don’t know where the journey is heading. The great astrologer Dane Rudhyar speaks of the new phase between planets like a projection screen, with our fantasies, expectations, hopes, desires, up on the screen. We don’t yet have the information of the first few steps of the journey to assess from experience. We are more led by impulse and instinct, like feeling our way through the dark until a little bit of light begins to creep through. Some of the material of the past cycle inevitably gets recycled or perpetuated into the new one, tinting our perception accordingly.
This week may be rich in culminative insight, as well as a robust sense of possibility that is whatever we project it to be. If you could do anything, would you feel oppressed by having to pick something (without some parameter to guide you) or would you be delighted to be so free? If you’re ending a relationship, or moving cities, is it one of the worst things that has ever happened or it it exhilarating and tender? In some sense there may be an inertia going of how we have tended to contextualize and tell stories about the situations we find ourselves in, but there may be room here for creative rebirths: taking on an entirely new lens and seeing what we could create from scratch.
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the zeitgeist feels like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox and be notified of upcoming educational opportunities, sign up for my mailing list here.
(Top image: Lee James McKnight)
Watch this week’s forecast on YouTube, or continue reading below:
Here’s our week after a few announcements!
Astrology reading books open – I am taking a small number of clients and hope to open my books more frequently than I have been. You can purchase a reading with me here (while spots are available).
The Evolutionary Astrology Intensive is open for enrollment 🖤🐉🖤 May 2 – September 14, 2022.
Pluto’s significance in the natal chart is as deep and mysterious as Pluto’s physical distance from Earth. Pluto is a gateway to dialoging with the unconscious/subconscious realm. It is a trapdoor through the veil – the way we find ourselves here on earth at some point without memory of where or who we were prior. Yet, life speaks to the deeper memory at the core of our being through our fascinations, desires, and struggles. We each have the opportunity in this life to awaken to our deepest inner truth and live from that place.
Working with Pluto and the lunar nodes becomes a direct communication with the soul – the being who has been here before and will quite likely be here again.
In the context of the world, we speak of the importance of history – that history repeats itself or at least rhymes. The soul has a past too, and our lives are the cutting edge of our souls’ evolution. This form of astrology is therapeutic and electrifying because it is a bridge to what we know inside at such a deep level but have likely not been given the language or mapping for it.
Making sense of my life through this profound wisdom school Evolutionary Astrology has been one of my deepest and most unrelenting adventures and I’m excited to share it again. Learn more and enroll here,
Here’s our week:
March 2, 2022
Mercury in 18 Aquarius conjunct Saturn in 18 Aquarius: 8:32 AM PST
(Image: Andrey Yefimovich Martynov)
- Mercury and Saturn come together for careful speech (or repressing speech/being silent), a strong inner-editor (for better or worse) and a tenacity to stick with a mental problem until it feels resolved – in other words, it thinks very hard. In Aquarius, the two may be seeking to understand or contextualize a paradigm, or a system – something with wide-ranging nuance, depth, and complexity that may actually be a struggle to fully identify with language.
- There may be impasses where we are called into innovative solutions – approaching a problem or a pattern from a new frame of consciousness and deriving a solution or a path from the new frame.
- This can call for mental discipline to re-orient to a new paradigm, even as we are more familiar with and habituated to the old one. So we find ourselves straddling different worlds: our former codes of operating and a new frontier path. This tension is creative.
- Slowness and deliberation with thought may facilitate with the personal software update, if you will, like when we begin to purposefully end one habit and as that habit crops up, we catch ourselves and adjust.
New Moon in 12 Pisces: 9:35 AM PST
- Pisces brings us to contemplations of how we are at once spirit and also material – a soul and a human, a being navigating the interplay between timeless/eternal truth and ephemeral circumstance and fluctuations of fortune. One of the ideals of Pisces is to merge with the all – this could look like a spirit-led life that is fully IN the body. This is as opposed to being a dreamer who doesn’t materialize their dreams (only fantasizes) or someone who neglects the material in favor of the spiritual. This is also opposed to someone who is so intoxicated by circumstance and appearances that they don’t contemplate the larger meaning or pulse behind it all.
- To work with Piscean reality is to acknowledge that everything material conceivably has immaterial or invisible counterparts, and vice versa.
- In action, this looks like our choices or habits as prayer – that we find a kind of alignment between what we are doing or how we are being and a bigger dream or transcendent value set that we are courting or being mused by.
- Ultimately (as will also be in the air when the Moon is full in Virgo), to be a devoted dreamer is also to develop discernment. When we work with the invisible, we have the power to be visionaries who are spiritually attuned. We also run the risk of applying ourselves toward illusions. We have to be willing to adjust as we keep tuning to a pulse of truth.
- See if you can feel the oceanic momentum of being connected to your creative dream power – the way that you begin to be in touch with a frequency that is on its way to you. Before I fully trusted magic but would engage in acts of petitioning the Universe for things and aligning my life to receive what I was asking for, I would go so *hard* in the pursuit that eventually the results would hit me like a tidal wave, mirroring my own intensity. Initially, I think many people like being slapped awake by a huge wave like that. But where does it show up more subtly? What modes of being are more spiritually creative for you & start to call in more magic to your life?
- A deeper vision and possibility with Pisces is a ritualist kind of life – where the way we are moving is in connection to the dream. (It does not require always being a certain kind of way, always wearing white or prayer beads, or anything like that.) Sure we have conditioned or normalized ways of being in the world or having a mundane experience. But when the entirety of life is a work of art in harmony with invisible and aspirational threads, how would we move?
- Some people have trauma with the experience or word of ‘prayer’ because of religion and limited ways of thinking about how we can be in contact with something larger than ourselves. Having a personal relationship with speaking to the Universe, to particular deities or angels, and even our own Soul, can be profoundly opening. In these conversations, we touch a more timeless part of ourselves, and the very act of prayer transforms us in the way it is a relationship and a perspective shift.
March 3, 2022
Vesta, Pluto, Mars & Venus are still in a Capricorn stellium that I recorded a special podcast about – you can listen to it here.
Mars in 27 Capricorn conjunct Pluto in 27 Capricorn: 12:43 AM PST
- At a mundane level, people can be volatile right now because the volcanic unconscious force of Pluto is merged with the fiery hot impulse of Mars. Small things seem larger, but reactions inflame the situation.
- At a more disempowered level, Mars-Pluto in Capricorn can speak to difficulties around containing raw and turbulent emotions and thus lashing out or spilling out. Or, not being able to move the raw and turbulent feelings, just stuffing them deeper inside.
- At a more empowered level, Mars-Pluto in Capricorn is the skillful wielding of intense feelings. It takes a lot of self-awareness and self-refinement to become more clean with our most intense and turbulent parts. It also speaks to a process of expanding our energetic/embodied capacity to be with the material.
- There is a possibility that we might be needing to consider if our distress is a result of emotional addiction (our body being addicted to the state, for example of releasing stress hormones and living stressed out all the time because that’s the wheel we keep running, and we keep finding situations to validate it and ways of living to keep being in relationship with it) and/or habitually placing ourselves in contexts that aren’t correct for us. Anger, frustration, or exhaustion could signal that we need to redesign aspects of our life or psyche – something has boiled over.
Venus in 27 Capricorn conjunct Pluto in 27 Capricorn: 9:56 AM PST
- We might want to be sensitive to the ways that our most tender, true desires of the heart become places of affliction – wanting to be beautiful but never actually allowing ourselves to feel that way because of a persecutory inner-critic, wanting connection but staving it off by being controlling of ourselves and others, wanting success or power but hating to see it on others, twisting our relationship with our art-making by putting undue pressure on ourselves, wanting a stable life but thinking money is bad – and so on.
- This alignment could speak to some of the romantic, hot, magnetic shells we put on – that there is some level of allure in being guarded or putting up a tough front. It feels good at some level to be impenetrable and unfuckwithable, and at some level it also really doesn’t feel good to be impenetrable. This is like a kind of glamor magic – and a limiting defense mechanism if we don’t have the range to take these layers off when it’s appropriate to the moment or the true desire of the heart (and we get lost in the shell). I am speaking of the difference between having the capacity to embody oneself in a more powerful/stylized avatar versus getting lost in the mask.
- For example, feeling the resilience within oneself to persevere and still build toward something – instead of collapsing into a state of decay or despair – can be adaptive and magical. Sometimes Venusian things like fashion – a choice of how we costume or adorn ourselves – can support these aims. We might even like the identity of being this unstoppable force of nature & thus romanticize our hardship (in a way that helps it move, or in a way that keeps us addicted to recreating it again and again).
- On the other side of this armoring process (which is designed to be impermeable to, or to overcome, a threat) is the de-armoring, a relaxing and settling. We get here from being tired of holding the pressure and realizing that our very identity structure is keeping love farther away from us. Our personality or our relational patterns become a cage and it becomes more liberating to live into the dismantling of it.
March 5, 2022
Sun in 14 Pisces conjunct Jupiter in 14 Pisces: 6:06 AM PST
- Amid more smoldering energies of Mars-Venus-Pluto (hot transit), the Jupiter cazimi here is like a laughing buddha energy. A sense of joviality, a sense of fortune or all being well, a capacity to see the divine comedy.
- Here this also gives us space for occupying many different emotional states: what it could mean to be genuinely happy while also tending to a thread of grief, or feeling the flush of anger move through our bodies. How we can see the holism among the many intersecting threads of the particular – and allow life to be that diverse.
- There is a strong call for wisdom in the moment that dissolves our consciousness that is more based in fear. I am not speaking here of emotional compensatory behavior, like trying to smooth things over from a mental/control place. But an actual courting of miracle, as defined in a Course in Miracles, the transformation of fear to love.
Mars enters Aquarius: 10:23 AM PST
Mars will stay in Aquarius until April 14.
- Mars in Aquarius is like an actor or agent in the matrix – through and with conceptual understanding of the nature of reality and its various matrices, we experience freedom to move or feel obstructed to move. Aquarius ultimately promotes the breakthrough or the sense of freedom that often comes through changes in perspective.
- From a conditioned place in our consciousness, we might think we have a certain limited set of options, but beyond this conditioning we have far more options – things we haven’t even thought of, as well perhaps as things we currently believe are not possible because of a trauma-based perspective on the situation.
- Mars in Aquarius brings energy to the innovator, the deviant, the free one – who sees more pathways and side-doors inside of any given matrix than the conditioned, stay-inside-the-lines consciousness will.
Venus enters Aquarius: 10:30 PM PST
Venus will stay in Aquarius until April 5.
- Venus in Aquarius can relate to the process of bringing real spaciousness into our connections with others, where we are able to relate to people as they are and not feel the need to filter them into our own paradigm (if connection isn’t there, just letting people be on their way).
- This looks like letting people have their weirdness/quirkiness, imperfections, etc. without actually being personally bothered by it. For a lot of people, this is easier to do in friendships than in romantic partnerships, where in the latter we feel more expectation and need for the other to be a certain way.
- This is not about not having standards or preferences, but the openness within our heart and capacity for relating where we can just enjoy people as they are and relate creatively from there. We might also feel aware of the relationships we have where we feel free to simply be.
- Aquarius does not always just relate to this kind of spacious freedom though – Aquarius can run thick mental programs, such as a type of groupthink, or a trauma-patterning, or a default reaction our personality runs in certain situations. Relationships can often provide a mirror to where these fixed places are. Deeper intimate connections may also carry layers of trauma bonds – where each person’s triggers or unconscious material activates the other’s. This can then relate to the energetic matrix of the relationship – where the security lasers are (as though part of a museum security system) and how do they get de-activated and re-patterned (if reconciliation is a deeper evolutionary pulse or wish of the relationship)?
Venus in 0 Aquarius conjunct Mars in 0 Aquarius: 11:12 PM PST
- This officially puts Venus in between Mars and Saturn, which even as it and any transit has higher octaves, could be challenging. Venus’ agenda is around beauty, leisure, pleasure, and receptivity and her connection to Mars and Saturn here feels like she has work to do before she gets to relax. Some images that come to mind would be someone who is feeling uptight on vacation and it takes them a moment to settle in and begin to enjoy, or someone who is on a psychedelic trip and has to face something spiky before they enter a more pleasant or fun part of the trip. Someone who feels insecure and self-critical at a party before they warm up to themselves and other people.
- At a higher level, this could relate to the way that intimacy is a process of moving through gates or layers, and that intimacy is a constant path of being-with. Often the way through to the experiences we privilege as the most special, juicy, pleasurable, includes surrendering to presence with the parts of ourselves that feel closed, disenchanted, numb, awkward.
- An impulsive response to some of the discomforts presented by Venus and Mars together in Aquarius could be to disengage/disassociate, but another strategy that might be more penetrating and opening could be to relax into presence and curiosity about the matter at hand. To enter that uncomfortable tension incrementally as a building process, for personal bandwidth and capacity.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! If you would like further guidance, I have been increasingly focused on longer-term experiences in the form of the Evolutionary Astrology Intensive, higher level course METEORITE for alumni, and 1:1 mentorship (mentorship re-opening at a future time) – helping people form a depth relationship to their natal chart and personal transits over time, to develop themselves, to be in their power, and to reach their goals, all through the soul-making lens of evolutionary astrology. I would love to support you in building your relationship with astrology. The intensive is currently open for enrollment and METEORITE 2022 is currently in session.
Find me on Instagram @sabrinamonarch, get on my mailing list to stay apprised of all upcoming offerings and events, and I’ll see you next week!