The Sun and Mercury enter Aquarius this week, doing their part to break up the mega Capricorn stellium in the sky. (A stellium is a cluster of 4 or more planets in a sign, conjoining each other.) We can feel this accordingly as a lessening of pressure, feeling literally more airiness in our consciousness – the capacity to think of an ongoing issue differently, the capacity to entertain new ideas, or the capacity for revelatory insight. If Pluto’s sojourn through Capricorn, and more recently Saturn’s journey through Capricorn, has revealed to us deep fundamental changes that need to be made personally and collectively, the transition into more Aquarian energy (even just of the Sun and Mercury) can help us access intelligence on how to design these needed changes.
In case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the vibe may feel like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox, sign up for my mailing list here.
Here’s our week, after a few announcements!
ONLY TEN DAYS LEFT TO ENROLL!
The upcoming four-month, deep-dive Evolutionary Astrology Intensive coming this January is now open for enrollment, but not for much longer! Join us to learn how to read natal charts from the perspective of the soul & the soul’s ongoing evolution. Whether you are just beginning your astrological journey, or are a professional astrologer, or anywhere in between, this course is designed to uplevel you. You’ll deepen your communion with the cosmos, expand your confidence in understanding and speaking the language of astrology, and gain tools to apply your astrological knowledge to bring magic, healing, and flourishing into your daily life. Read all about this course, including student testimonials, and enroll here!
“I wholehearted recommend Sabrina’s intensive not only for folks with a curious passion for evolutionary astrology, but for those who are ready to cultivate a relationship to the archetypal denizens of their own nature in a safe and supportive learning environment. I began this course with a peripheral understanding of general astrology, and had a desire to know more than I knew, and I got way more than I bargained for. Thanks to this lovely experience, I’ve gained a deepening confidence in my own ability to recognize and interpret subtle celestial influences in my own life and develop balance in them. There’s a real perennial approach to cosmic living here, and I’m not overstating how valuable Sabrina’s methodology could be to one’s own journey towards fuller embodiment. Not just exclusively for potential practitioners, this a great course for storytellers who want to infuse their work with an expansive approach to intuitive mythology; for healers who want to apply a plus-minded modality for spiritual wellness; or for the seeker who is learning to trust their process of divinity and individuation. Sabrina is a masterful teacher, an Aquarian Age magnet for good people of many paths, and what she’s created will certainly elevate the best of your self-knowledge.” – Sean O.
If you have questions about the course, start a conversation with me by emailing me at email@example.com. I’ll get back to you! If you haven’t already, take a moment to read over the course page to learn all about this offering – it’s been such a profound experience and has gotten high reviews from students, which you can read on the course page.
Latest on the Magic of the Spheres podcast:
I spoke with Jeddy Azuma, men’s mentor and fellow podcaster, of the Rising Man podcast. I find his voice particularly soulful and see him as someone who is full of aliveness in his path. I also find him to be consistently sharing poignant ideas on his podcast and instagram, and have been especially touched by his reflections on creating safety for women. I invited him on the show because I wanted to learn more about what men’s work is & discuss some philosophy around it like what are we talking about when we say masculine and what kind of impact men’s work can create. Listen to our episode where you tune into podcasts or you can listen on your browser here.
January 15, 2020
Venus in 2 Pisces sextile Uranus in 2 Taurus: 3:18 PM PST
(Image: The Secret Garden, 1993)
- There is a common quandary that people face that goes something like this: “Am I supposed to create my life, or will things happen for me?” Or “Am I supposed to create my destiny, or will Source guide me or show me what to do?” Usually, the answer is not going to be either/or. So how would they combine?
- Among artists who develop a particular craft, the muse speaks to them in an according language. Painters get visions of paintings, musicians catch a song, a novelist gets a story idea downloaded to them, and so on. What if inspiration is seeking a vessel? If we want deeper guidance on how to be moved in life, or how to be better supported in our endeavors, why not set up shop in the realm of our genius? When we make the space to create and we have some practice or consistency with showing up, we actually strengthen our channel, our creative frequency. Consider another example, of the person calling in partnership. What practices strengthen their channel of relatedness? There are higher forces (whether you relate to them as guides, angels, gods, etc.) that want to collaborate with us. What symbolic acts and practices signal to these forces that we’re asking for support?
- Venus-Uranus contacts can relate to sparks and chemistry, and spontaneous connections with others. The more uniquely expressive we are, the more innately we can be seen or mirrored by others, and life itself. Venus-Uranus can relate to the groundbreaking, shocking levels of joy we feel when we feel seen as who we are, in our weirdness, in the places we imagined we might always be isolated. There is also a degree to which Venus beautifies the weird – the weird is made alluring, instead of repelling, and often through a core ownership and self-love element of the one expressing their weirdness.
January 16, 2020
Mercury enters Aquarius: 10:31 AM PST
Mercury will be in Aquarius until February 3.
- Aquarius is often mistaken as a water sign by people who are newer to astrology because of Aquarius’ symbol as the water bearer. But Aquarius is an air sign. The water connection, however, can be seen in the process by which running water conducts electricity in a different fashion than still pools of water. In the shower, or if we watch a river, we can often not help but to feel steams of ideas and visions pouring through us. Many people say their best ideas come to them in the shower. Funny, then, that Aquarius should also relate to epiphany, revelation, and lightbulb moments! At a very mundane level, consider putting some attention into being hydrated & what that offers your quality of mind.
- We may also consider during this transit what connects (Mercury) us to genius and information that is revelatory (Aquarius). These moments of insight can be plentiful with Mercury in Aquarius, too!
- Mercury in Aquarius can also relate to systems thinking, and the capacity to understand how things are interconnected within a network structure. “Disruption” has become such a popular buzzword in the context of people “disrupting” industries by introducing something new and groundbreaking. We might look at disruption as a quality of something new or foreign entering an existing system and that existing system having to adapt. Prometheus disrupted the evolution of humanity by sharing fire with the humans. Unusual people tend to disrupt culture just by being themselves. How creative can we get with “disruption” without creating unnecessary trauma? What dose of disruption is medicinal? If we were to consider our lives “systems”, what added or subtracted elements would beneficially disrupt the system? The person “stuck in their head” dances more, another person eliminates an allergen from their diet and experiences boosted energy levels, another person may get a reiki healing and feel stuck energy move, and so on.
January 18, 2020
Mercury in 2 Aquarius square Uranus in 2 Taurus: 12:32 AM PST
(Image: Michael Whelan)
- One of the story arcs of both Aquarius and Uranus is moving from isolation to connection – which can be assisted by communicating and putting out a signal, instead of feeling it is too futile to try (which, actually, is a thing that keeps people back).
- To feel as though are signal is received or picked up, it involves our own ability to transmit the message as we mean it, but also our capacity to empathize with how others will interpret it. We may experience trial and error, experienced as miscommunication. Working through edges in communication, and things getting lost in translation, may occur but can also bring about greater cohesion and understanding.
January 20, 2020
Sun enters Aquarius: 6:55 AM PST
- For anyone who has felt exceptionally heavy with the Capricorn stellium of planets (during the Saturn-Pluto conjunction on Jan 12, Sun, Mercury, Ceres, Saturn, Pluto and the South Node of the Moon!), the Sun in Aquarius opens up a shift of energy and a breaking-up of some of that heavy mood. We’re moving from an Earth Sun season to an Air Sun season, and air is less dense than earth. Earth energy helps us be aware of what’s happening on the ground, and our pragmatic affairs on the ground, and how we are concretely materializing goals or plans. With the Sun entering Aquarius, our mind may begin to travel a little more past the bounds we had just been allowing it to – beginning to think more of abstract ideas. Can we also imagine how to implement them? Can we picture a blueprint that takes the vision that far?
- Aquarius Season can highlight our friendships and community, and how alive and lit up this area of our lives feels. Similar to one-on-one relationship and partnership having various accompanying skillsets, building friendship and building community also has its accompanying skillsets and teachings. Community doesn’t just happen magically – so what are its constituent parts? Coming back to systems thinking, a whole system is more than the sum of its parts – a social gathering is more than the people, the ambiance, the food, the activities, and so on – it’s the unique aura and synergy that emerges from those parts. The magic of elements coming together is not something we ourselves have to create or force. Our genius in the situation, perhaps, is discovering what to bring to the table, so to say – and watching how chemistry unfolds in the system/environment.
- This can also be a beautiful season to experiment with how we express our uniqueness – how we come out of hiding in our attempts to be “normal”, and our very unique process for doing that. What kinds of circumstances, environments, healing work and inner-developments empower us to individuate? See if these opportunities catch your attention this solar season.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! I really appreciate you being here with me as I know that if you connect to this writing we have likemindedness and that is so special. Please share this article with a friend who you think would resonate!
Please let me know what you think in the comments – truly I want to know so leave a note! I love you and you are soul family to me, thank you for finding your way to these words and resonating with them in whatever ways you have.
“I have been enthusiastically following Sabrina’s forecasts for years and was elated when she began teaching her evolutionary astrology course. I immediately knew that I wanted her guidance. Though I had a very rudimentary foundation of astrology, I have always been drawn to Jungian psychology, the unconscious, the esoteric, and archetypal aspects of the psyche. I wanted to deepen my understanding of the individual and collective psyche, and their purposes in this lifetime through connections to archetypal blueprints and the universe. Evolutionary Astrology, compounded with Sabrina’s knowledge and intuition, provided me with invaluable perspective on my purpose in this lifetime. I have greater knowledge and awareness of myself, others, and the significance of relationships in my life, as well as the confidence and tools necessary to maximize the potential of my natal chart. It has been a very humbling, yet incredibly empowering experience.
Thank you, Sabrina. You’ve helped unlocked a part of the universe for me. I’m so grateful to have you as a guide on my journey.” – Czarina M.
If you enjoy these forecasts and would like more personalized guidance re your personal astrology, I would love to read your natal chart and transits for you! If you would like me to explore the themes in your chart, book a reading with me here.
I meditate on charts before the reading and combine my knowledge of astrology with my clairvoyant abilities to offer you some insights about themes you are working with in this life based on prior lives, and what is the evolutionary purpose of this lifetime. I recorded an episode on my podcast recently titled Befriending your Intuition and Clairvoyance if you’d like to learn more about my relationship with clairvoyance along with tips for increasing yours!
I can work with your specific questions and shed light on ongoing issues or patterns you would like to shift, as well! Book with me here.
I’m also becoming increasingly expressive on instagram (minus a recent winter hibernatory social media break), so go find me there @sabrinamonarch and say hello! I’m posting a lot of content there that I don’t share anywhere else and I love interacting with you there.