Jupiter stations retrograde in Pisces, Cancer Season (solstice) initiates, Mercury stations direct in Gemini. It’s been a momentous time period, with the recent eclipses and the Saturn-Uranus square exacting just days ago. Stationing planets become louder, more present energies in our experience.
Jupiter in Pisces stationing may bring to awareness our relationship with both despair and faith, longing and fulfillment, an empty cup and the cup flowing over. It is possible that the arrival of good fortune wants only our attention – that if we can be with our longing, we can also be with the inverse of our longing. It may be worth considering where we are being called to surrender more.
Mercury’s retrograde in Gemini has involved a square to Neptune in Pisces during its duration. Experientially, we may have vacillated between confusion and inspiration. We have likely been confronted with contemplating the unseen – such as the arrival of the future, and will it be colored more by our hopes or our fears, and do we even have access to envisioning what is to come or does it feel out of reach to even picture it? Without the actual data points, we can be left to our own mental loops. Where we have been able to dissolve unhelpful or challenging mental loops, this could have been profoundly healing. At the moment there may still be an impulse to articulate from the fog, to give voice to our impressions and the mysterious workings of our inner worlds.
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the zeitgeist feels like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox and be notified of upcoming educational opportunities, sign up for my mailing list here.
Watch this week’s forecast on YouTube or keep reading below:
Here’s our week after a few announcements!
Kickstarter to fund the seventh year of Monarch Astrology, as well as a year ahead of the Magic of the Spheres podcast!
Monarch Astrology just turned seven! To kick of the seventh year of weekly content creation, I’m asking for your financial support for the year ahead. If you enjoy these forecasts and/or Magic of the Spheres podcast, please support them. They require hours of work a week, in addition to work I do creating curriculum, teaching, and working 1:1 with clients. Every single backer counts, so I ask you to take this message very personally 🙂 There are many exciting rewards – talks, courses, astrology readings – to choose from for backers! Check out the Kickstarter and pledge here. The minimum we need for funding is 12k, and I have a push goal of 22k. I also have a goal of having 116+ backers.
THE GARDEN OF SLEEPING HAMMERS IS NOW OUT!
Katerina is twenty-one when meets a spy twice her age who offers to teach her anything she wants to know about spycraft and magic. This apprenticeship plunges her into an unconventional romance and a heightened state of psychic awareness. Her new identity inspires complete strangers, who are sure Katerina is destined for fame, but scares those who know the old Katerina. Katerina’s family believes she’s mentally ill and forces antipsychotic, antidepressant and mood-stabilizing medications upon her at the advice of a psychiatrist. The novel follows her struggle to maintain the heightened state of awareness and aliveness that she suddenly feels after years of depression, in the face of her family and friends urging her to come back down. What happens when a massive opportunity for personal growth is seen by others as a dangerous mistake? In the hope that she might be able to return to an extraordinary life, but with no guarantee, Katerina has no other choice than to use her recent spy training to play the game, and to get an up-close, inside look at the state of mental health in mainstream America.
Order paperback // Order hardcover
Study Evolutionary Astrology with me! Stay tuned for the next course dates of the Evolutionary Astrology Intensive. I will make the live calls for the next one friendly to American and European time zones (I alternate between a schedule that is more suitable for America, Australia and Asia). Catch a discount via the Kickstarter here.
🐝 Announcing IMAGE HIVE: a series on creative writing available through the Kickstarter! Image Hive explores the craft of creative writing, drawing in influences from poetry and literary fiction. Image Hive derives its title from the idea that a writer is a collector of images: that it is our capacity to have vision (of all kinds) that underlies our word craft.
As a writer, one of the important parts of my journey was hearing/reading what other writers (mostly ones who had already left this Earth) had to say about the craft. Their ideas gave me permission, and sparked new pathways for me. I am excited to carry on this lineage and create some talks that are completely emergent from my direct experience and study of the craft.
Image Hive will be available through the upcoming Kickstarter funding the seventh year of content creation, Monarch Astrology and Magic of the Spheres podcast as one of the backer rewards. Read more about Image Hive here.
Here’s our week:
June 20, 2021
Jupiter stations retrograde in 2 Pisces: 8:05 AM PDT
Jupiter stationing retrograde in early Pisces will bring Jupiter back into Aquarius July 28, 2021 – December 28, 2021.
- Pisces is the home of Jupiter (in traditional astrology/rulership), which means that Jupiter has more resources at hand to carry out its purpose. Jupiter topics include things like expansion, beneficence, opportunity, higher learning, spirituality, and celebration.
- Jupiter and Pisces both have a way of seeing beyond the current forms or circumstances: visionary quality. On the one hand, we are not bound to simply responding to reality as it is – we can see and shape possibility. However, this also promotes an attitude of overlooking. Consider the person who “sees the best in people” and how this person likely does bring out the best in people, while also having to navigate not being delusional or in compromising situations.
- With Jupiter stationing retrograde in Pisces, our impulses for fantasy and optimism may be coming into focus. We may be discovering a resolve in our faith that is being challenged, or we may be giving up faith as we realize we are not dreaming something that is in alignment with our truth, or we simply are growing tired of clinging on. Pisces represents surrender and oneness and potentially part of faith is feeling lifted up by reality, like we are not the only one carrying the weight. At times, this can look like letting go.
- There may be certain areas of life where it serves us to be visionary, where this impulse truly does connect us with greater heights. Other areas of life may call for more grounded realism, if our visionary qualities are disconnecting us from sober acknowledgements that need to be made.
- Disillusionment (the loss of illusion, fantasy, or idyllic expectation) is a big and unraveling emotion. It can often feel exaggerated, just as the illusion was an exaggeration. Imagine filling up a balloon and then letting all the air come out. Be gentle with yourself if you experience disillusionment – it will pass. It doesn’t mean that all is lost, nor that every dream must be sacrificed.
- In the case that we have found or are currently connecting with resonant portals of fantasy (such as in a creative practice, playing with our perception, and the like) this may be a lush period of images and impressions.
Sun enters Cancer: 8:32 PM PDT – Solstice –
- We begin to separate from the recent eclipse season that took place on the Gemini/Sagittarius axis. Eclipses are generally unstable/chaotic time periods, and Gemini and Sagittarius are mutable signs that promote learning through new experiences. Our affairs may have felt up in the air lately. Cancer Season initiates new impulses homeward, inwardly, or into the realm of our emotional core. Post wandering/exploring (eclipses on the Gemini/Sagittarius axis), the urge to bond and form attachments grows.
- The water signs (Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces) are lit up and motivated by love, and feeling loved – where fire is motivated by destiny/adventure, earth by cultivating our bodies and material life, and air is motivated by intellect. The desire to feel loved, to feel belonging (also a Cancer theme), to feel at home, can all be very direct in our experience or cloaked in other things.
- Some of our animal friends may be good teachers here in the way they can be so transparent about wanting attention, or basking in the attention we give them – how they can radiate love and affection and be so interested in connection. We may find them adorable and so completely approve of and celebrate them. While that same energy that lives inside of us (transparent emotionality and impulse toward affection and connection) may not be as upfront and center or something we approve of or celebrate as deeply. And yet, this very Cancerian dimension of ourselves is a portal to greater connection and love.
- Cancer represents moment-to-moment emotional impulses, as well as how we inhabit the space of the bigger circumstances of our lives (like how we feel in or home, our environment, our relationships, etc.). Staying in touch with caring for ourselves and our lives creates love. The opposite is neglect. Neglect is always then a symbol that something is needing care. This Season, see if you can practice attuning yourself to this language of care.
June 21, 2021
Venus in 23 Cancer trine Neptune in 23 Pisces: 6:57 AM PDT
(Image: Angel’s Egg, Mamoru Oshii)
- Nostalgia or romanticization of the past may be a theme. Passively, this is like a sedative that takes us nowhere or disconnects us from the present. With a little more intention and curiosity, nostalgia may be a symbol that we are seeking to retrieve something that was formative for us: a feeling, a sensitivity, a quality of being. Our way back into this state will be new though, since our reality has since changed.
June 22, 2021
Mercury stations direct in 16 Gemini: 3:00 PM PDT
Mercury will leave post-retrograde shadow on July 7.
- Consider where Mercury retrograde fell in your natal chart by house – this would have been an area of life experiencing quite a lot of change (the recent eclipses) and re-thinking, or perhaps a flurry of ideas going in all different directions. The quality of this retrograde did perhaps produce diffuse thinking (not focus, not clarity) as well as a degree of randomness in our experience that may have awoken us to something. If we always follow the same paths, physically through the world or cerebrally in the mind etc. we always go to the same habitual places. A detour from the ordinary path, some novelty (Gemini specialty) will generate new understandings. Some clarity or direction may be returning as Mercury picks up speed direct, but consider what your recent travels revealed to you.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! If you would like further guidance, I have been increasingly focused on longer-term experiences in the form of the Evolutionary Astrology Intensive, higher level courses for alumni, and 1:1 mentorship – helping people form a depth relationship to their natal chart and personal transits over time, to develop themselves, to be in their power, and to reach their goals, all through the soul-making lens of evolutionary astrology. I would love to support you in building your relationship with astrology. The intensive is currently in session but will be offered again, and I am to take on new coaching clients again in the future.
Find me on Instagram @sabrinamonarch, get on my mailing list to stay apprised of all upcoming offerings and events, and I’ll see you next week!
If you enjoy these forecasts, please help crowdfund a year ahead via the Kickstarter!