The Moon grows full in Aquarius this week, and this Moon will be right between Pluto in Capricorn and Saturn in Aquarius. With the Sun in Leo being the source of light reflected here by this Pluto-Moon-Saturn, it feels like a ripening of a meta-awareness of self. Aquarius is a brilliant observer and seer of patterns. Because Saturn-Pluto is such a serious complex, some of the meta self-awareness that is gathering this week may be psychologically challenging or provocative.
The Saturn-Pluto combination relates to psychological contraction, extreme reactions/solutions to psychological threats, epic reserves of willpower in adverse conditions, and the general tendency to try to manage or control nature and the nature within (i.e. spontaneous or chaotic emotions, grief, eros, inner wilderness). At a higher level Saturn-Pluto can relate to living responsibly with the wild forces of nature within and a transformation of one’s psyche and worldview to facilitate that relationship with nature as opposed to walling it off. It really becomes a transformation of one’s understanding of control and what it means to surrender control.
While this is not an energy that seems very light or playful, it is the Sun in Leo lighting it up – suggesting that these corners of our psyche are part of our wholeness. If we are attuned to seeing the gameplay of this all: how we come to Earth to evolve as souls, that all of our experiences can be alchemical, that we are awakening – then self-awareness, even in challenging forms, comes as a boon. It means we can begin to navigate the world with greater honesty and authenticity. If deeper self-awareness is a shame trigger or a reason to persecute ourselves, we may want to simply notice that and soften there.
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the zeitgeist feels like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox and be notified of upcoming educational opportunities, sign up for my mailing list here.
Watch this week’s forecast on YouTube or keep reading below:
Here’s our week after a few announcements!
FUNDED: Kickstarter to fund the seventh year of Monarch Astrology, as well as a year ahead of the Magic of the Spheres podcast!
Receiving this level of funding is healing. It is literally getting paid to be a content creator. Symbolically it says a lot about community to me and is inspiring me to settle more deeply into the intrinsic WHY behind my sharing of ideas.
Last week I was assisted in dropping a heightened level of overwhelm: tripping over all that needs to get done (like a to-do list thought bubble always above me). I was getting a human design reading from a fellow astrologer @kelseyrosetort & she helped me tune in with how my system works: how my rhythms naturally work. I had a shift. (This too, is why I believe in the power of readings, diviners, and symbolic knowledge systems!)
When I drop that pressure layer off and just live in tune with my inspiration, I do actually just get to do work that I love. I get to have inspiring conversations and share them with people through the podcast. I get to endlessly study and share astrology and support astrological literacy.The Kickstarter was an ask to be supported by the community for these free offerings (the forecasts and the podcast) because they take hours each week to produce and it felt like a lot to hold that along with generating an income entirely from teaching and seeing clients. Even though I love my work, at that level of consistent production & having my teaching and client work have to account for all my income, it can feel like I’m working myself to a point of self-extraction. I never wanted to give up the publishing either – that’s literally the signal that puts me in touch with all the wonderful people I get to meet! So I decided to ask for support.
This funding gives me wings. I still teach and see clients. And I feel supported. I don’t feel like I’m carrying this on my own. I feel held in my life, humbled, and like I can sink deeper into the intrinsic enjoyment of being an astrologer and a podcaster and have fun and feel resourced while I’m doing it.
I look forward to forecasting for another year and seeing where the conversations on Magic of the Spheres take us. Thanks for being a part of it. I’ll be in touch with backers soon!
New episode of Magic of the Spheres out with Kelsey Rose @kelseyrosetort! We discuss forms of knowing via fire and water as elements, Aries & Chiron in Aries, and some 🔥 fire 🔥 visions about the archetypes from Kelsey’s journeying with the Sun. So many transmissions in this packed episode. Tune in where you listen to podcasts! Or on your browser here.
Here’s our week:
July 21, 2021
Venus enters Virgo: 5:36 PM PDT
Venus will stay in Virgo until August 15.
- With Venus in Virgo we may experience or notice in others a greater willingness to adjust in order to relate. In one of its more pleasing expressions, Venus in Virgo is incredibly thoughtful and conscientious. Taking into account others’ needs or requests and altering one’s behavior can come across as a gesture of care – the lover listens & changes. Intimacy comes through in these details.
- Discussions around what isn’t in alignment in relationship can come up. Venus in Virgo tends to care more about these details and workshopping them.
- Inwardly, there can be more confrontations with our disappointment in others because we want them to be something other than what they are. Depending on the situation or our own patterning, these confrontations could be meaningful in the sense of them being a kind of sobriety: seeing what is as opposed to a fantasy – and in that awareness, we get to make more sober choices. Or, this kind of inner confrontation may signal to us that we are overly critical and could benefit from extending compassion to ourselves and others.
- A key tension to be aware of with Venus in Virgo is the capacity to hold awareness of how something could improve and be refined (Virgo) and how we navigate worthiness and pleasure (Venus). Can you feel how holding both at the same time requires a certain kind of bandwidth?
- Another manifestation to consider here is exploration of technique (Virgo as a Mercury ruled sign), and techniques in the realm of Venus. It’s almost like not being too precious to say that intimacy is all about a feeling or an emotional connection, some kind of flow that just happens magically on its very own: having skill as a communicator and as a lover is a factor, too. Outside of the context of a connection these ‘techniques’ may be dry, but merged and combined with connection, otherworldly.
- As Venus in Virgo also highlights discernment, knowing what we are uninterested in may also matter (and not trying to convince ourselves otherwise). As the ‘virgin’, Virgo can be content to be alone rather than in unaligned connection. However, those details of what is a hard no is a journey of self-awareness as well and it can be a practice of experimentation and self-noticing to really discover where we draw these lines.
July 22, 2021
Venus in 0 Virgo opposite Jupiter retrograde in 0 Pisces: 5:45 PM PDT
- In general, the Virgo-Pisces axis can relate to the numinous shifts that can occur when we do the smallest things. Or how small things are in themselves, potentially numinous. When we create an altar or a ritual space, even a very simple set up and be a cue to the Gods that we are wanting to commune with them. If we shift one small thought-pattern or belief or entertain one small and bright thought, a new opportunity arises that could actually be huge in the scheme of our lives.
- So with Venus in Virgo opposite Jupiter in Pisces, it may draw attention in our experience to these micro-shifts we make that enable a much larger opportunity to make itself known.
Sun enters Leo: 7:26 AM PDT
- Leo relates to our experience of WHOLENESS, being an individual with a centered consciousness – i.e. all the parts of us are organized into a concept of self. This organized self can still hold contradictions or various aspects of personality that don’t seem to make sense together, but the point is that they are claimed. Whatever we refuse to claim about ourselves, we hold shame about, whether we are ashamed that we have privilege or ashamed that we don’t have privilege, whether we are ashamed that we’re loud, or that we’re quiet. I don’t know of anyone who doesn’t have some part of themselves they feel shame about: but learning how to work with befriending our whole selves can be like activating a superpower. Claiming the royal inheritance of SELFHOOD, the divinity that we each are, is a process of accepting who we actually are. In all the ways we don’t, we are more susceptible to jealousy, scarcity, and being triggered by the expression of others. In the ways that we lean the deepest into our royal inheritance, the more we are transcendently generous and inspirational.
July 23, 2021
Full Moon in 1 Aquarius: 7:37 PM PDT
The Moon will be forming a conjunction to Pluto in late Capricorn, as well as Saturn in 10 Aquarius. The Moon, by aspecting both Pluto and Saturn, practically brings Saturn and Pluto together – an archetypal complex which is challenging but can also signify deep and powerful labor/transformation, as we saw in the historic year 2020 when Pluto and Saturn were conjunct. Read my article on the Saturn-Pluto conjunction here for a deeper multivalent exploration of Saturn and Pluto together.
- If we’re not interested in seeing ourselves (i.e. we hide from ourselves) I could see this lunation being more unpleasant! However, if we are interested in the deeper, grittier facets of self, the parts of ourselves where we are mysterious to our own selves, this lunation could be a moment of clearer seeing of something more stirring/provocative about ourselves. If we are avoiding change and don’t want to see clearly, these confrontations feel more like something to feel victimized by. However, if the idea of deeper intimacy with ourselves and with life turns us on, then I think this lunation might be pleasantly disturbing. There’s something about this Aquarian Full Moon sandwiched between Saturn and Pluto that feels like a moment of reckoning in the mirror. Restorative awareness.
- Shadow work naturally happens in relationship – the reflections we receive from others (direct and indirect) illuminate parts of ourselves which we couldn’t see on our own. You may consider how willing you are to be penetrated/influenced by life itself versus how much you are in avoidance of these reflections that life is naturally offering.
- With Leo being the source of the light here (the Sun) that the Moon is reflecting in Aquarius, something to consider might be how close or connected we feel with others based on the expression or performance we are giving off. When we pretend to be someone we’re not, the reflections we get from life are in relationship with this false self- which creates all kinds of loneliness or distortions. Likewise, when we allow ourselves to be seen in our truth (and we deepen into that truth ourselves!), the reflections from others can feel electrifyingly resonant (Aquarius) and intensely vulnerable as well.
July 24, 2021
Mercury in 22 Cancer trine Neptune retrogade in 22 Pisces: 9:35 AM PDT
- Mercury and Neptune trining in water signs feels like reverie. Where there is often pressure about doing/action in our culture, less is said about the value of simmering in reverie. But it is in this space of feeling and gestation that new inspirations (which later become actions, in due time) are born. Taking some time to intentionally let go of your hustle, your to-do list, etc. and just be in the bath, or by the water or outdoors for example could be particularly luxurious and renewing.
July 25, 2021
Mercury in 25 Cancer opposite Pluto retrograde in 25 Capricorn: 1:15 PM PDT
- There can be a tension (perhaps in a quite illuminating way) here between tenderness and sensitivity with Mercury in Cancer versus a more cold, severe, or authoritative force (Pluto in Capricorn).
- This can show up as becoming aware of where we judge or do not approve of sensitivity or need in ourselves and others.
- There is also a kind of love in the severity of Pluto in Capricorn: imagine being in distress about something that’s really just not true and someone loves you enough to splash cold water in your face about it. It’s one form of love.
- Or, we could have the situation of someone being overly hard on themselves and someone else stepping in with some tenderness and warmth.
- There is simply some dialogue here between the more chaotic, sometimes even preverbal landscapes of emotion and a firm, authoritative judge or supporter (who may also be playing by unconscious rules and standards, that come to the light in these confrontations). This is constellated internally by how we show up for ourselves when we are in distress.
July 27, 2021
Mercury enters Leo: 6:12 PM PDT
Mercury will stay in Leo through August 11.
- As a communicator and trickster figure, Mercury in the sign of Leo often relates to some joy getting a reaction or a rise out of people. Leo is the entertainer, the comedian – and Mercury in Leo can be a comical lens, both for our perception and for what we outwardly communicate.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! If you would like further guidance, I have been increasingly focused on longer-term experiences in the form of the Evolutionary Astrology Intensive, higher level courses for alumni, and 1:1 mentorship – helping people form a depth relationship to their natal chart and personal transits over time, to develop themselves, to be in their power, and to reach their goals, all through the soul-making lens of evolutionary astrology. I would love to support you in building your relationship with astrology. The intensive is currently in session but will be offered again in the autumn, and I am to take on new coaching clients again in the future.
Find me on Instagram @sabrinamonarch, get on my mailing list to stay apprised of all upcoming offerings and events, and I’ll see you next week!