This week – a soul-stirring full moon lunar eclipse in Scorpio, like scrying into a black pool of water and feeling something deep inside of us turn, move, ferment, regenerate. This week the Sun will form a conjunction to the north node of the moon, Venus and Chiron will be conjunct in Aries, and Saturn in Aquarius will square the axis of the full moon. The combination of these transits feels challenging, like we are being worked. People that already love the thrill of transformation, the complexity of dreams, people who love tracking psychological patterns and engaging the psyche’s fascinations – might find these challenges enjoyable. I certainly do not think challenges are inherently bad or unpleasant. They’re meaningful, activating, and can be pivot points and generate character and action. But we may have to decide if we are game!
The game is a deeper willingness to have intimacy with ourselves and with life, and in that space to confront the weird, spidery, tangled, thorny hauntings. Shame can be a way we cut off bandwidth and capacity to relate with challenging material: it’s just “too much” and we’d rather not even look. But curiosity – such as why do I become chaotic in this particular way, in relationship, what is this pattern? Curiosity can go a long way in being a willing adventurer in the stormier passages of life. Curiosity can also leave space for openness in our interpretation – to not so readily clamp down on meaning, as to stop being worked by the dream symbols in our sleeping and waking lives, because we’ve already flattened them to something certain. Transits like this can invite us to act of soul-making, which is an active participation with the life of the soul. A relationship to the inheritance and mystery within the deepest recesses of our being.
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the zeitgeist feels like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox and be notified of upcoming educational opportunities, sign up for my mailing list here.
(Top image: Edward Okuń)
Watch this week’s forecast on YouTube, or continue reading below:
Online books are currently closed (get on my mailing list to be notified when they re-open) but I am still seeing clients in-person in Portland, Oregon at Enthea Teahouse. Read about my services and book an in-person reading with me here.
The Evolutionary Astrology Intensive is currently in session. Learn more about it and get on the waitlist for the next one here.
New episode of Magic of the Spheres! On this episode I was joined again by Norway-based Evolutionary Astrologer astrologer Sol Jonassen @polarisastrology to talk about spiritual discernment – we recorded this conversation under the transit of Mercury in Pisces applying to a conjunction to Neptune in Pisces, back in March. Tune into our episode where you listen to podcasts or on your browser here.
New in-progress audio novella shared in chapters on Magic of the Spheres podcast. Listen where you tune into podcasts, or read more about the project and listen on your browser here.
Here’s our Week
May 13, 2022
Sun in 22 Taurus conjunct lunar north node in 22 Taurus: 12:06 AM PDT
(Image: Joe Mortell)
Asteroid Eros is still traveling around the speed of the Sun since the last eclipse where the Sun and Moon were conjunct Eros. Now Eros is in 21 degrees Taurus.
- The Sun and the North Node together is like major glow-up, pop-star energy – a person with a lot of limelight, a person who is radiant, a person who keeps saying yes to being seen, recognized, venerated, adored. It is also perhaps a growing desire in the field at this time for self-expression and recognition.
- If we consider this in Taurus, the recognition could even be at a subtle layer of self-recognition. Perhaps we have all had certain eras, seasons, moments of life where we felt particularly alive, and in this effulgent state we even liked the parts of ourselves we normally don’t place value in.
- With Eros (full aliveness & eroticism), the Sun (creativity and radiance), and the North Node (desire for more, desire to incarnate) all together in Taurus, there may be some primal revelations to be had about self-love. Where, based on our unique capacities and inclinations, do we generate aliveness? A deeper evolutionary urge of Taurus is self-esteem, it is finding the garden of our solitude. When we find enjoyment here (rather than loneliness/exile), we also find an aspect of our own creative power.
May 15, 2022
Ceres enters Cancer: 12:08 AM PDT
- As an asteroid, Ceres constellates the myths of Demeter, Persephone and Hades – and even the narcissus flower, that beautiful object of fascination that captures Persephone’s attention before the underworld opens up beneath her and her descent begins. A narcissus flower, not a lot unlike the transit of the Sun in Taurus conjunct the North Node and all that preoccupation with beauty and the self…
- Ceres relates to the descent and ascent journeys, the descent of finding our power in the underworld and learning how to see in the dark as Persephone does, and the ascent of coming back up to the surface world and light of day after we have been submerged in a deeper psychic process.
- In Cancer, we might anticipate themes around attachment and bonding, and the types of initiations that forming and breaking bonds are. We speak of “falling” in love, too – which holds its own peak experiences and higher states but also that dropping feeling of going into some deeper recesses of our own inner-world that feel intense to touch.
- I’m considering the mystery initiations of grieving severed attachments, and how the lessons and emotional integrations that come from the throes of this type of loss are, carried through, pathways to secure attachment.
Venus in 14 Aries conjunct Chiron in 14 Aries: 5:13 AM PDT
(Image: Agnes Lawrence Pelton)
- Venus and Chiron together could relate to how we relate (to ourselves and others) from a place of wounding, and/or from a place of accessing key codes beyond those wounding patterns.
- There could be something unfolding here about our relationship with self-assertion and/or passion, and any ways we have a wounded relationship with these – such as our own desire being received as “too much” by another or being repelling, or the ways we’re internally uncomfortable with the sensations of our passion and instinctual way of moving through the world (or the way we don’t feel full access to our instincts).
- A higher octave of Venusian healing is to access this state of realizing our lovability and worthiness, unconditionally. A grittier, on-the-ground part of working with Venus is assessing relational failure and how we are participating in that, what patterns or tendencies are playing into relational circumstances we find objectively unpleasant/undesired.
- If we can occupy a thin line between neither self-soothing away responsibility “everything’s fine, I’m totally lovable as I am” nor self-persecuting shame “you’re terrible and you need to be better” – a razor edge of transformation. When it comes to navigating not being received well: radiating an energy outwardly will offer us reflection from the environment. The true self is not “too much” even if it triggers other people. However, our egoic patterns, defense mechanisms, and wounded parts running the show may be difficult for ourselves and others to deal with, and in that sense, the rejection is two-fold: we’re already running patterns that come from a place of pain/wounding, and then the environment reflects it with more rejection. We can spin in the hamster wheel, or unlock (Chiron) ways out of it via self awareness (Aries).
- In a higher octave sense (now or in a longer-term way), this transit may relate to the courage to look at difficult aspects of ourselves instead of rigidly defending our own personality structures (which can often clash the deeper desires of the Self/Soul). Chiron relates to guides, so it could be a teacher/coach/mentor/therapist we have allied with along the path of personal development, as well as our own medicine that we’ve cultivated.
- The courage of this placement – Venus-Chiron in Aries – would be facing the subtle energetic nuances of how our personality influences our lives and relationships. The personality is superficial – it is like a vehicle for the soul. We like to conflate the personality/ego with who we are, but it’s not. When we can see that a way that we show up in the world is not deeply authentic, it’s just a personality/defensive pattern – we gain more freedom and agency to be self-expressed in a more dropped-in, transparent way, that might actually attract the kinds of circumstances we desire instead of repelling them.
- Wherever we feel disempowered to receive the love we truly desire or to express the love that we feel, are places we can have meaningful transformations. If it feels like we’re fighting for either of these, there may be another way that doesn’t have to be so hard – or a particular psychological/ego-pattern obstacle to address. This is like a paradigm shifting process, an unwinding, an unravelling.
Sun in 24 Taurus square Saturn in 24 Aquarius: 11:49 AM PDT
See lunar eclipse, below.
Full Moon lunar eclipse in 25 Scorpio: 9:14 PM PDT
(Image: Yulia Pustoshkina)
This eclipse forms a t-square with Saturn in Aquarius, and asteroid Eros is conjunct the Sun and north node in Taurus. The Sun is in the third decan of Taurus (relating to 7 of pentacles) and the Moon is in the third decan of Scorpio (relating to the 7 of cups).
- We have the Sun and Eros in Taurus on the North Node (Uranus as well, just a little wider of an orb), which can represent this growing emphasis on building, cultivating, materialization. Yet it is shining a direct light on the Moon in Scorpio on the south node, which can represent what is releasing, clearing, being alchemized. This third decan of Scorpio as depicted by Austin Coppock in 36 Faces also relates to a deep reckoning with our desire nature, and the way we can be haunted by desire or loss of desire until we find a deeper re-connection to desire itself (and not just the temporary forms that it takes, which we can become fixated on.)
- Perhaps you’ve had the experience of gaining something that an earlier version of you wanted desperately, only by the time it arrives (late), you realize you don’t want it now, and you can see through the veneer of it (that it wouldn’t have bought you fulfillment back then, either).
- Perhaps you’ve also had the experience of gaining something an earlier version of you wanted, and its deeply meaningful to have the opportunity to merge with the fulfillment of the desire – perhaps what is released is the shame or self-judgement that came from the disparity between the desire and the reality.
- Where we are releasing desire (Scorpio south node, full moon on the south node) – releasing these desires or fixations can feel strange and haunting and yet, it’s pruning the psychic garden. It gives us opportunity for deeper clarity around what we would find fulfilling.
- Our desire – what we seek to move toward and merge with – is so creatively defining in our lives. I could see some discernment opening up around where we want to have specific desires (we know we really value something) versus where we want to release control and be open to an energy showing up in a form beyond our imagination.
- The fable/myth of the genie who offers one three wishes – and the wishes come out strange/distorted – feels relevant here. In the sense that, sometimes when we are willful about having something in particular, we can “make it happen” but it feels weird when it comes out of the cosmic oven. Getting what we think we want becomes less important than coming into a deeper embodiment with a truth that lives inside of us, and creating from that place. It’s not about not having desire – but having a more refined relationship with it, where our desires genuinely come from our souls, and not just the web of collective fantasies we’ve been taught we’re supposed to want or will promise us something shiny someday. This can have us chasing things that don’t actually bring fulfillment when we find them. Yet the connection to our actual soul desires, can be just about the most humbling and spiritually transformative process in this human life.
May 17, 2022
Mars in 24 Pisces conjunct Neptune in 24 Pisces: 11:33 PM PDT
- People will chalk up their intense dreams to the eclipse… but alas… Mars-Neptune definitely kicks up the dream realm! Mars-Neptune contacts can relate to striking dream imagery. Dream images that… hit… punch… you know, Mars verbs. 🙂
- Mars-Neptune can constellate the spiritual warrior, the spiritual hero, the one who makes sacrifices – it is a very intoxicating kind of field, combining the heroic vitality of Mars with the mystical dreamer, Neptune. Mars can become more boundariless here, an active visionary, having so much more to give, leaning fully into life in this melty, surreal, inspired way. These threads can be beautiful and inspiring, and also necessary to have some discernment in tow. Mars-Neptune can help us feel inspired to live more magically or to really act on the dream, and that may be just what we need. But to any degree that we are motivated by a savior complex, we run the risk of taking on more than our due and even holding reality or other people to a standard they themselves cannot hold (and our own disillusionment ensues).
- An offering for discernment: when the inspiration feels really clean, flowing, sincere, tune into that. When an inspiration feels like you are trying to reverse the direction of a flood, there may be grief to feel, active surrender or deeper spiritual alignment to be had in resting or pivoting.
- I generally find Mars-Neptune to be very tantric. There is a play of energy, and finding out how to channel it. Mars-Neptune can relate to our capacity to be in relationship with particular beings or experiences as well as the Universal, how we find balance, how we find flow.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! If you would like further guidance, I have been increasingly focused on longer-term experiences in the form of the Evolutionary Astrology Intensive, higher level course METEORITE for alumni, and 1:1 mentorship (mentorship re-opening at a future time) – helping people form a depth relationship to their natal chart and personal transits over time, to develop themselves, to be in their power, and to reach their goals, all through the soul-making lens of evolutionary astrology. I would love to support you in building your relationship with astrology. The intensive is currently in session and METEORITE 2022 is currently in session.
Find me on Instagram @sabrinamonarch, get on my mailing list to stay apprised of all upcoming offerings and events, and I’ll see you next week!