Our dreams can be more vivid, lucid, or participatory and wish-fulfillment abounds in our waking lives. On the other hand, the potential for overwhelm is real, too. We might become aware of where we feel we are treading water or drowning, and how we need to take some steps to improve our situation… and moreover, to identify which steps are most important and how to act from a place of peace, and not get in our own way from panic. Some course-corrections and surrender can be called for logistically – but all with as much zen as possible since the point is to align our actions with the dream, and not with the fears and anxieties. However you like to drop into a zen space, set some intention to rejuvenate if you want to access the more enjoyable threads of Pisces season and this full moon in Virgo.
Pisces energies can bring to mind messages written in sand on the beach, which are then washed away by the incoming tide. Do we think the message has to stay written in the sand for it to matter, or to be effectual? Or, is there some ceremony in the way we show up for life regardless of how life meets us back with the conditions we expect? In what indirect, nonlinear, mystical ways does energy get recycled in our experience such that a good deed or a good vibe is a ripple… and finding the right steps, the right ripples, is the path forward regardless of how it looks up close in an immediate cause-and-effect sense?
But if I lead you to think that actions will only be washed away this week like messages in sand that are washed away, I do not mean this. I only mean that things are a little more ethereal right now, and that the game of life offers us much play in the imaginal realms this week. There is flight there. If we can tune in, we might even have those visions Pisces is known by, which help us navigate the mundane world with a healing re-union of enchantment. We might see the fluttering of veils, which allows us to see the truths behind the illusions we thought were truths before.
Read on for the week’s transits:
Mercury in 20 Pisces square Mars in 20 Sagittarius: 4:56 PM PDT
Venus and Mercury are in a close conjunction, which goes exact later in the week. Mars is conjunct Vesta.
- Mars in Sagittarius may campaign for beliefs, opinions, and cosmologies which save/redeem others (Venus in Pisces). There can be a draw to extend personal philosophies or visions of how thoughts ought to be (Sagittarius is moralizing) in our contacts with others, or we may be on the receiving end of this.
- With Vesta conjunct Mars, a sacred container is opened up as we act according to our compass and what we know to be right, regardless of reward or who is watching – it is simply a form of spiritual alignment. With this spiritual alignment, we may come into contact with harmony (Venus) that is inaccessible otherwise. The alignment that is occurring is with unseen or ethereal planes, and it opens the path.
- Communication is difficult under Mercury in Pisces insofar as what is being perceived or experienced is not yet mapped in the languages we speak. With the dynamic between Mars in Sagittarius and Mercury in Pisces forming a first quarter square, it might be time to struggle a little bit to find the expression we are seeking. When new territory can be translated internally and to others, we expand the ways that we can be met in our relationships.
- Mercury in Pisces contains psychic dialogues; boundaries blur, all information is inclusive. Mars in Sagittarius might align with a particular path, belief or cosmology which ultimately funnels into the inclusive, oceanic, Piscean space. While some motivations may arise at this time from a distinctive camp (Mars in Sagittarius), the message we want to get across may be more universal in nature. It can be a time to be less focused on what separates us and more focused on what connects us – especially in the cases of individuals or groups of people who are at odds with one another.
- The potential for delusional arguments; logic which is invented as a defense but which does not actually stand up.
Mercury in 20 Pisces sextile Pluto in 20 Capricorn: 9:42 PM PDT
(Image: Remedios Varo)
- With Mercury aspecting both Mars and Pluto, ideas and communications can be testy and loaded at this time, especially in that arguments or “reason” can be instruments of power struggle; that people can identify themselves with their ideas or identify others with their ideas and such arguments become personal attacks. However, how merged and connected are we really to our ideas? What can our attachment to certain ideas do to our consciousness?
- Mercury in Pisces is flexible and dreamy enough to get a read on how being attached to an idea (for emotional security, for familiarity, by addiction, etc.) does not necessarily mean that idea is the only real idea out there, or that it is even a beneficial idea. At higher levels, Mercury in Pisces can see the co-creative potential in idea formation, and the possibility to use the mind as a vehicle for spiritual enlightenment, rather than mistaking the chatter or addictions of the mind for truth itself. The use of intentional focus, mantra meditation, or affirmation practices, are ways of using language to merge with certain concepts.
Some other Mercury-Pluto related inspo for you…. excuse the gendered quote as it is a book primarily speaking to men about connecting with masculinity, though I find these themes are universal as well:
“The human magician is always an initiate himself, and one of his tasks is to initiate others. But of what is he an initiate? The Magician is an initiate of secret and hidden knowledge of all kinds. And this is the important point. All knowledge that takes special training to acquire is the province of the Magician energy. Whether you are an apprentice training to become a master electrician and unraveling the mysteries of high voltage; or a medical student, grinding away night and day, studying the secrets of the human body and using the available technologies to help your patients; or a would-be stockbroker or student of high finance; or a trainee in one of the psychoanalytic schools, you are in exactly the same position as the apprentice shaman or witch doctor in tribal societies. You are spending large amounts of time, energy, and money in order to be initiated into rarefied realms of secret power. You are undergoing an ordeal testing your capacities to become a master of this power. And, as is true in all invitations, there is no guarantee of success.” – King Warrior Magician Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the Mature Masculine by Robert Moore and Douglas Gillette
Venus in 23 Pisces trine Jupiter in 23 Scorpio: 4:22 AM PDT
- As the angles for Scorpio involve moving toward or moving away, let’s look at both angles.
- Moving toward: This alignment suggests the opportunity to move toward a fantasy, dream, or desire, and there being a moment of grace in the Universe that our dreams come true! That something we’ve longed for is here, if not in a literal way, in an energetic/symbolic way. Jupiter in Scorpio and Venus in Pisces mutually expand and deepen our fantasies and our longing such that reality may itself present us with a better version of what we could have imagined. This is healing, as well, in that there is some numinous force beyond us that can imagine better circumstances for us that we can imagine for ourselves. Perhaps it is also our higher self, guiding the smaller self along.
- Moving away: It may be time to let go of an immature dream or fantasy. Jupiter in Scorpio brings blessings via recycling and letting go; though sometimes the Scorpionic depths require that we surrender into an unknown which can nearly be annihilating. (It’s not always a clear trade like, I let go of this addiction and my dreams come true! That’s not going under as deep as one can if you’re still focusing on the trade off.) Yet, here’s Venus in Pisces – symbolizing the hope we have and the hope that appears in our relational field. She may very well add grace here in terms of there being an ‘exchange’ or reward for letting something go.
- A mix of both: Consider your magnetic field, that which you draw into your life. Aligning your values with your magnetism, focusing on and merging with what you value, is a way to be in relationship with more of the same: value. So whether you are adding something to your life or letting something go, this process is a way to tend the soul garden.
Full Moon in 11 Virgo: 5:51 PM PDT
(Image: Street art by INTI)
This Full Moon axis forms a wide t-square to Vesta and Mars in Sagittarius.
- The Virgo – Pisces conversation involves alignment with the dream via process: steps, adjustments, and craft which takes us there. There is a deep capacity for overwhelm (by either the fantasy life or the minutia and tasks required to maintain life) that Virgo and Pisces can fall into victim mindsets or avoidance and escapism. Through Virgo, we refine our path by making necessary steps that clear and organize literal and energetic clutter. You might ask yourself, what steps to improve my life and situation are available right now? If these steps are taken time and time again, that is the magic.
- In the midst of imperfection or divine discontent, it’s as though we are stuck between the world of knowing what is possible but having to see what is present. This can be overwhelming and angst-inducing. But we kind of signed up for this: the process of walking the path in time and shaping reality into the dream, knowing that we are already the dream on one level yet, on the level of space-time we have to act it out.
- The fusion of the spiritual and the mundane is in our midsts – show up for it, encourage it.
Mercury in 23 Pisces trine Jupiter in 23 Scorpio: 6:05 AM PDT
- “Wishful thinking” would be an archetypally resonant phrase here, yet it does not need to be in the dismissive or delusional way we might normally associate with this phrase. When we think about what we are wishing for, we are giving it power. Our thoughts might more naturally gravitate toward wishes and fantasy at this time, and we could also ride this wave meaningfully to dream up future plans and visions.
Sun in 13 Pisces conjunct Neptune in 13 Pisces: 6:54 AM PDT
- There is a magical feel to this time… you feeling it? Of course, it is dual: it may be a time of overwhelm and feeling like one is drowning/treading water, or it might be a time of lush dream fulfillment and of imaginative vistas.
- We can be extra sensitive, our spiritual antennae more highly activated.
- Our sense of self may be more nebulous, which can be unsettling (diminishing, dissolving) or healing (unifying).
- Creative processes can open up or be supported at this time in which flow is happening and there is a direct and spontaneous experience, rather than a preconceived notion of how the project will turn out. If one’s will cannot surrender to, and unify with, the higher will, one may feel frustration or impotence. Likewise, if the will and universal will, or self and universal self, can connect — magic and miracles occur.
Mercury in 27 Pisces conjunct Venus in 27 Pisces: 11:04 AM PDT
- Beautiful messages and communications, healing and loving words.
- The potential to feel more inspired than usual, to be able to consult the mind’s eye or inner eye for visions; hypnagogia.
Mercury enters Aries: 12:34 AM PDT
- Mercury leaves the ethereal realm of Pisces and becomes more pointed, forceful, and impulsive in Aries where it will spend its time until May 13, 2018. During this time, Mercury will turn retrograde March 22 in the mid-degrees of Aries, and will again go direct (still in Aries) April 15, 2018.
- Classic, precautionary advice with this retrograde in mind is that if you get ahead of yourself in speech, saying something impulsive without forethought, you may find yourself correcting it during the retrograde.
- But on a deeper level… this is speaking to refining emergent, seed thought-forms which are not yet mature. Immature Aries is the hero, while mature Aries is the warrior. The hero does not have awareness of their limitations, and will press forward into battle as though on a bluff. The warrior has a confidence which includes an awareness of what they are, and what they are not. The warrior is wise and sharp about the expense of energy. Watch this Mercury in Aries season as new ideas come in as heroic, hot, and testy, and are refined if they pass the initiation into warrior.
Venus enters Aries: 9:10 AM PDT
- Venus stays in Aries until May 15, 2018.
- When Venus is in Aries, our love languages begin to circulate around the themes of emergence, self-becoming, adventure, destiny, spontaneity, and autonomy. We like to go off on our own, or engage with people who can keep up with our kind of fire. We might learn the value of discord; the ability to take a stand, and realize a love or passion that we have for defending something, such as a cause.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! Please share this article with your friends and on social media, and let me know how you’re doing in the comments!
Evolutionary Astrology Immersion Course
My next, sixty hour online immersion course is currently open for enrollment and begins May 6. Students will learn the paradigm and practice of Evolutionary Astrology during a five month period and have access to personal support and tutoring during that time as needed. Read all about this course and sign up here.
Personalized forecast reading: Want to know how the transits specifically affect you? This reading is focused on how the current transits of now to six months out are personally impacting your natal chart. We’ll look at longer-acting outer planetary transits as well as significant transit events that exact their alignment in this six month window.
Natal Chart Reading: I offer an analysis of the placement of Pluto, the lunar nodes, and the planetary rulers of Pluto and the lunar nodes, to tune into a Soul-level interpretation of the natal chart. Because the Pluto and lunar node signatures make up what is like the base tone or root of the natal chart, we can access some insights on the deeper “why” questions of one’s life. In addition to providing a Soul-oriented portrait of the natal chart’s major themes, I synthesize any questions you may have with your natal chart’s wisdom.
Soulwork Sessions: Astrological consultations geared to answer your most pressing/difficult questions. Soulwork is a means through which I can provide guidance to anyone working with a challenging situation, paradox, yearning or existential question – something unresolved in your experience that you want to transform or have breakthrough with.
Sabrina Monarch is a soul-centered Evolutionary Astrologer who publishes weekly astrological forecasts. She has been collecting astrological experience for over a decade. She also enjoys kundalini and ashtanga yoga, hiking and creative writing.