Neptune stations direct in Pisces shortly before the New Moon solar eclipse in Sagittarius. At the end of the week, Mars in Scorpio will form a closing square to Jupiter in Aquarius. Neptune’s station may correlate with an unmoored feeling – a general kind of disorientation/confusion, or on the higher end, a spiritual opening: as though the clouds in the sky part to create heavenly rays. Eclipses also disturb a normal sense of command/control and can reveal to us deeper soul material through the everyday events of our lives. With Neptune stationing and an eclipse, the mood is already pensive: a mystery of this current moment inviting the growth of our spirit/soul.
Then Mars in Scorpio square Jupiter in Aquarius at the end of the week suggests that action toward our ideals is desired. With the other transits, our perception has possibly just been re-arranged, new information presented, or we have been disillusioned of previous ideas. Mars square Jupiter here appears like an individual who struggles between two choices: neither are ideal, neither are even satisfactory. There has got to be a third choice, a kind of freedom that has not been imagined yet, that will emerge from the tension of the two.
My advice: recognize the difference between actually *having* to make a choice because the circumstance truly demands it versus feeling internally pressured to make a choice when there is no actual urgency, except for the way the situation is touching you. No matter how far we have come in awareness, there are always further breakthroughs. Energetically, a breakthrough happens after contacting a wall. How present and lucid can you be when you are at the wall & finding your way through or around it? Can you trust your process so deeply you follow the thread all the way through, without undue force?
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the zeitgeist feels like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox and be notified of upcoming educational opportunities, sign up for my mailing list here.
Watch this week’s forecast on YouTube or keep reading below:
Here’s our week:
December 1, 2021
Neptune stations direct in 20 Pisces: 5:22 AM PST
- Neptune last stationed retrograde near the eclipses of summer 2021, and is again stationing in this eclipse season. Neptune stationing is a significant ‘mood’ to combine with the eclipses, which are already lunations that can often bring into question our illusions of control. The Neptune station also heightens a sense of loss of capacity to control and the need for surrender, which is disorienting to the parts of ourselves that normally feel like we can steer the ship. Surrender implies that something larger is unfolding than we can currently comprehend, and rather than knowing everything all at once, we are invited to find our alignment.
- Alignment is like a form of accuracy – when we practice aligning with truth for example, we become aware of our fluctuations away from truth and into illusion/lies/deceit/etc, and like a meditator focusing on returning their awareness to the breath as the mind naturally strays, a person aligning with truth would keep remembering to come back to truth. Naturally, a person might align with a concept that seems ‘truthful’ in one moment, only to realize that as circumstances have changed or insight has shifted, that concept no longer holds the frequency of truth – and so the subtle adjustments for alignment continue. Alignment calls in our humility and lucidity, our willingness to course-correct and be flexible.
- Neptune stations can create an unmoored feeling. It is possible that when feeling confusion or the unknown, that we might have unique or unexpected experiences that we wouldn’t have pursued for been open to otherwise. Neptune stations (and Neptune transits in general) can create the energetic of feeling lost and adrift at sea, and alternately finding a shore that is divine blissful refuge, or somehow the answer to our prayers and desires. We’re just along for the ride, surrendering and aligning as we go.
December 3, 2021
New Moon Solar Eclipse in 12 Sagittarius: 11:43 PM PST
- With a New Moon eclipse in Sagittarius and Neptune stationing simultaneously, a major theme that could be up is faith/belief/trust – there could be situations or areas in our life seeming to force the question around what we believe in. This lunation is close to asteroid Vesta in Sagittarius, keeper of the eternal sacred flame, a priestess Goddess who relates to cultivating and upholding a frequency.
- Vesta is a protective energy: she protects the temple or the ritual space by gatekeeping – only the initiates, only those who show proper respect, only those who are worthy, etc, can enter. Eclipses, on the other hand, are fairly chaotic or unpredictable, so who is to say what unexpected energy can “enter the temple”. One of my favorite ways to be with eclipses is to “eclipse within”, to go into a meditative state during the eclipse and see what appears. The meditative space is an inner-sanctum, while the eclipse vision itself is usually unexpected.
- A major Sagittarius principle is expansion, while a shadow is dogma and rigidity about our beliefs. If we have invested a lot of our identity or emotional security in particular beliefs, we find it that much more annihilating to let those beliefs go. So, in an effort to protect those beliefs, Sagittarius can relate to the ways we lie to ourselves, rationalize information to fit a particular agenda. An eclipse happening in this sign could be literally or symbolically about our beliefs being “eclipsed”, which is actually an invitation to the expansion that Sagittarius represents – encountering new realities beyond what we imagined from our previous limited perspective.
- Given the eclipse and the Neptune station, being open to seeing our situation from new angles and resisting jumping to conclusions might be helpful. While we process the drama itself of the unknown, and the stories we project onto the unknown, this can potentially show us important soul and psychological material. It is better to leave big decisions for when we feel clear and grounded, rather than when we feel panicked or urgent.
December 6, 2021
Mars in 25 Scorpio sextile Pluto in 25 Capricorn: 3:41 AM PST
- Compared to the ‘unmooring’ sense of the other transits, Mars in Scorpio sextile Pluto in Capricorn is more of a calculated, intentional frequency. Mars and Pluto here could relate to actions we pursue that offer meaningful leverage upward (to a place of greater power) as well as meaningful steps downward (in descent/reflection/unravelling processes).
- While Mars-Pluto can represent a strong impulse and a deep need for movement, both Scorpio and Capricorn know and understand power and are concerned with it. This transit feels like the presence of a quiet inner voice that can be heard no matter what is happening, that urges an action or a gameplay that is going to improve the situation in a strategic way. There is a deeper reserve of inner-power that is unmoved by the destructive urge to release the energy in an unskillful way. This placement is willing to wait for the right moment, to hold the inner-tension, to hold power.
December 7, 2021
Mercury in 20 Sagittarius square Neptune in 20 Pisces: 7:16 AM PST
- This transit brings us in touch with a mental/cerebral plane where the bigger picture and visionary thinking takes precedence, and details and precision takes a backseat. (If precision matters, we may find ourselves having to be more mindful.)
- A kind of thinking that may be highlighted is contemplating the energetics of a situation at hand, rather than the particulars. This of course, leaves room for interpretation and projection at worst, but expanded vision and deep realization at best. Should we feel lucid or sense the gravity of a truth, some of the insights emerging at this time could be breakthroughs.
Mars in 26 Scorpio square Jupiter in 26 Aquarius: 10:21 PM PST
- Mars-Jupiter contacts relate to wanting to do a lot, to potentially go overboard, to have a lot of energy and morale for a goal at hand. With Mars and Jupiter in fixed signs, and a square, our desire to do the most may feel significantly deadlocked. The way we deal with this tension, however, can potentially free up large amounts of energy. The last quarter square (which this is) relates to a crisis in consciousness, and the potential for paradigmatic shift, new levels of freedom. We emerge from grappling with the bars of a cage to actually watching the cage be dismantled before our eyes. This is a moment that we can become free from a limiting perspective that was the source of our distress.
- Jupiter in Aquarius relates to where we are holding a higher vision of what is possible in our lives, the kinds of freedom we could attain, the ideals of our best possible life. Our high dreams. We would just do those things and live that epic life if we could, right? So what holds us back? When it comes to pursuing our ideals (Aquarius), a worthy counterpart of this visionary process is the shadow work and emotional alchemy that Scorpio represents.
- When we want to get ahead but feel stuck, this opens up a deeper inquiry or awareness around the nature of the block. If the block is about the social reality (the environment feels hostile or not supportive), we may be finding new ways to adapt or find our own power in the situation (Mars in Scorpio). If the block is internal and about our psychological reality, we may seek an inner-willpower to address the situation at a root/depth place and shift our magnetic/emotional orientation. We may have the morale to do this when we realize that our old ways of seeking resolution are not even working and yet we still feel determined to have breakthrough.
- Having big dreams or ideals, or aspiring toward something earnestly, (Aquarius) will naturally show us the places we hold emotional resistance (Scorpio). While descending into our own depths to retrieve this information and do healing/magic around it does not seem like upward momentum toward the goal of the high dream, it is a holistic part of the process.
- One meditation I’ve been enjoying lately is tuning into what I deeply desire and feeling into letting myself have it. And I mean the things I deeply desire but have all this turmoil around it like “I can’t have it” or “it’s not working” or “I don’t trust it’s going to work out” etc. When I neutralize that tension in my own nervous system and actually relax into a state of receptivity, it’s actually quite vulnerable/emotional to feel that, and my external reality changes before my eyes. Sometimes we do not have to fight so hard in the external world to “get” what we want, but can actually just address those deep places inside of us that are repelling our desires, and shift the energetic from within.
- Once we get on board internally (and recruit those stray saboteur soldiers who are going against the goal), our concrete actions toward the goal become more efficacious because we are in harmony with ourselves.
- For some people, the sabotaging complex is intelligent (it is taking down a dream that is not true) but you will have to discern whether you really want what you want, or are open to dismantling that ‘high dream’ entirely.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! If you would like further guidance, I have been increasingly focused on longer-term experiences in the form of the Evolutionary Astrology Intensive, higher level courses for alumni, and 1:1 mentorship – helping people form a depth relationship to their natal chart and personal transits over time, to develop themselves, to be in their power, and to reach their goals, all through the soul-making lens of evolutionary astrology. I would love to support you in building your relationship with astrology. The intensive is now open for enrollment, and I am to take on new coaching clients again in the future.
Find me on Instagram @sabrinamonarch, get on my mailing list to stay apprised of all upcoming offerings and events, and I’ll see you next week!
(Top image: Sci-fi novel cover art, “The Man in the Maze”)