The Moon grows full in Sagittarius this week, and Venus in Taurus will form conjunctions to Uranus and Pallas Athena in Taurus on her way to the North Node.
Full moons bring heightened emotions as well as heightened illumination. Depending on what is being illuminated, these moments can hold varying emotional charges. With a Sagittarius full moon, we can anticipate some growing illumination around our worldview, philosophy, or sense of narrative related to information which previously felt disparate or disconnected.
Additionally, the Moon in Sagittarius has a ceremonial energy to it: it is a hotter moon (in a fire sign) and in a mutable sign (which relates to change). Sometimes when in the throes of a particular emotional activation and feeling itchy out our skin, ceremony in the form of movement, music, dance, etc. helps us move with the energy and experience emotional alchemy. A Sagittarius Moon can also be about celebration and partying, moving with any joyous energy that is abundant in our field or receptive to being cultivated.
The Venus transits relate to body and somatic intelligence – Venus at home in the earth sign Taurus, joining up with an asteroid that relates to creative intelligence (Athena) and an outer planet that relates to breakthroughs in consciousness, invention, liberation (and more challengingly, trauma and shock). This conversation with Venus, Athena, and Uranus (and soon the north node as well) may relate to having new experiences with how we relate to our embodied experience and sensations. Either by necessity (like feeling stressed and wanting/needing to find a more adaptive way to cope, and turning to some somatic modality or breakthrough) or by play/choice, such as getting more creative about how we relate to subtle energy or intentionally learning new practices that drop us in deeper into our sensual bodies.
Welcome back! Or in case this is your first time here, I’m Sabrina Monarch and I’m a soul-centered astrologer. I love providing perspectives on the opportunities of transits and putting into words what the zeitgeist feels like at this moment in time, to support you on your path & open a dialogue between us and the cosmos. If you would like to receive these weekly forecasts to your inbox and be notified of upcoming educational opportunities, sign up for my mailing list here.
No YouTube this week but I’ll be back soon.
(Top image: Redosking)
Astrology reading books are currently closed – openings are announced first to the mailing list.
The Evolutionary Astrology Intensive is currently in session. Learn more about it and get on the waitlist for the next one here.
New in-progress audio novella shared in chapters on Magic of the Spheres podcast. Listen where you tune into podcasts, or read more about the project and listen on your browser here.
Here’s Our Week
June 10, 2022
Mercury in 28 Taurus trine Pluto retrograde in 28 Capricorn: 2:21 PM PDT
June 11, 2022
Venus in 16 Taurus conjunct Uranus in 16 Taurus: 3:57 PM PDT
In a few days, Venus will also conjoin Pallas Athena in Taurus, so we’ll look at the transits simultaneously:
- Uranus relates to breakthrough, paradigm shift, breaks from the known (sometimes shocking/jarring), subtle mental trauma, liberation, interruption, electricity. Uranus is an outer transpersonal planet and its frequency can be testing to the nervous system – working with Uranus or experiencing Uranian activations can relate to expanding our range and capacity for sensation, especially in the body-oriented earth sign of Taurus.
- Paradigm shift or breakthrough can happen with Uranus in Taurus when we recognize how our experience lives in our body, and we get to know the sensations – as opposed to just living in the mental story we create from the sensation.
- Athena is a philosopher-strategist goddess, and relates to the function of creative intelligence: visualization and manifestation are connected to her. She recognizes patterns and can strategize victories based on her awareness.
- Venus in Taurus is in her home sign. Venus in Taurus is a transit where we might have more opportunity or ease dropping into the sensual dimension of life. We might make time to cook a meal slowly, or do a movement/dance practice, receive a massage or do a self oil massage.
- This could be a powerful time to combine movement/embodiment/sensual practices with visualization or energy work (Venus joined with both Uranus and Pallas Athena), or novel insight may emerge itself through embodied experiences.
June 13, 2022
Mercury enters Gemini: 8:27 AM PDT
(Image: Ornements du Japon. 1883)
Mercury has stationed direct and now re-enters Gemini for good, until Mercury moves into Cancer on July 4.
June 14, 2022
Full Moon in 23 Sagittarius: 4:52 PM PDT
- Gemini Season (which we are currently in) emphasizes data accumulation, novel and perhaps random experiences, essentially trying out a lot of ideas. By the time the Moon is full in Sagittarius opposing the Gemini Sun, the likely reveal/illumination is bigger picture understanding – seeing a direction, an arch, a greater sense of meaning, through or because of all the information we’ve just encountered. The thesis takes shape for the researcher. After taking a bunch of classes experimentally, the college student decides their major. Etc.
- Neptune squares the full moon axis, suggesting that some of our bigger picture realizations may be quite spiritualizing or healing. It is also worth considering that confusion or not-knowing is a valid assessment of our process, if that’s where we are. To admit we are confused or that we don’t know leaves space for knowledge. But to cling or to grasp onto meaning and invent it (simply to avoid being confused) is potentially a path toward delusion and dogma.
- Cameron Allen shared in his recent NORWAC talk synthesizing health and astrology that often when people are faced with health issues they have not managed to fix, they have stories like, “I can’t fix this” or “nothing I’m doing is working.” He suggested a reframe of “I don’t have understanding yet.” (If you want to purchase this talk from Cameron, you can do so here.)
- When we create enough empty space for truthfully acknowledging what we are not certain of or where we have not attained understanding, at literal and energetic levels we become more receptive within that space we created. Not-knowing is a place that people feel commonly insecure, but what if we worked with the terrain of not-knowing in a way that felt more fertile and generative?
- Full Moons are by nature revealing/illuminating – so on the other side of confusion/not-knowing there may also be areas of our experience where we do feel we are accessing greater gnosis/understanding in a brilliant way (the lights are on). Sagittarius can highlight themes around truth itself as well as recognizing the story arch/motif of a situation – seeing the narrative threads and making connections around what all the story points mean in a larger holistic sense.
Venus in 20 Taurus conjunct Pallas Athena in 20 Taurus: 7:48 PM PDT
See Venus conjunct Uranus, above.
Thank you for meditating on the planets with me this week! If you would like further guidance, I have been increasingly focused on longer-term experiences in the form of the Evolutionary Astrology Intensive and my higher level course METEORITE for alumni – helping people form a depth relationship to their natal chart and personal transits over time, to develop themselves, to be in their power, and to reach their goals, all through the soul-making lens of evolutionary astrology. I would love to support you in building your relationship with astrology. The intensive is currently in session and METEORITE 2022 is currently in session.
Find me on Instagram @sabrinamonarch, get on my mailing list to stay apprised of all upcoming offerings and events, and I’ll see you next week!