It’s easy to view psychic phenomena as an emotional capacity, such as through the element of water within the zodiac. Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces will demonstrate emotional levels of psychic aptitude. In Cancer, we sense how other people are feeling – we are empathic. In Scorpio, we have deep hunches and sense the undercurrents, the emotional subtext. In Pisces, boundaries are blurred such that information permeates through without effort.
However, the quality of being psychic can be understood through any of the signs. Virgo psychic quality may be the ability to read someone’s somatics through the hands, like a massage therapist who understands things about a person based on information held in the muscle tissue. Taurus may gain psychic insight about an environment through grounding into it. But for the moment, I want to draw attention to the Aquarius realm of psychic insight, which contains some of the following:
- Due to not being attached to conditioned forms of information reception (Aquarius correlates with detachment), other streams of information can come through.
- Aquarius relates to the higher airwaves – things like the internet, or even the quality of telepathy – psychic thought transmission. Not all psychic exchange is emotional per se – sometimes it is more informational or data oriented. Aquarius can conduct this kind of mental electricity. On the mundane level, this is like thinking of a friend right before they text you! Digital instant messaging is a simultaneous metaphor for other kinds of instant messaging.
- Aquarius relates to our ability to tap into Higher Mind – whether it is our own individuation or the collective consciousness. From this frame of consciousness, nothing is ever invented because everything already exists. One simply reaches into the collective database.
- The phenomenon of channeling.
- Think along the lines of Edgar Cayce… and/or the Akashic Records.
- If we are to think about the cultural norm that the past is remembered but not the future (because it is culturally accepted that time is a linear structure and only the past can be recalled), Aquarius could challenge this cultural norm by remembering the future.
And so what are the implications of the collective database? I tend to theorize that while information can be breached in that realm, (relating to shocks in that read of the Uranus/Aquarius archetype), there is also a certain resonance principle, meaning we can access information to which we are already in the realm of, or is already “likemind”. This would mean there is a personalized filter through which a person may access information from the collective database, ensuring relevancy and a level of egoic protection. I mean, think about it – do you really want to know everything? I imagine what kind of security exists in the realm of Higher Mind, for the sake of the information itself or the sake of the seeker’s mental stability.
Another theory I have is that an individual consciousness can receive more information from Higher Mind according to their desire to as well as their spiritual/emotional maturity to handle the information that will come through (or, an individual can at the least set this intention as to not open Pandora’s Box). When there is not this level of maturity or ability to hold the information, people may be deeply overwhelmed. This could be another reason, among many others, why people subtly turn off their psychic ability. This is an interesting thing to think about. If brought up or embedded into a culture in which materialism and empiricism rule consensus thought, these ideas are not commonly spoken about, which leaves this as a pretty wild frontier for anyone who stumbles or wakes up into it.
When reading Marina Abramovic’s memoir, Walk Through Walls, I learned of a season of her life which she spends with Aborigines, among whom it is simply normal in their culture that entire dialogues occur psychically, without verbalization. This could point to another aspect of Aquarian psychic aptitude in a materialistic culture such as many of ours, which would be the ability to pick up on information that is not traditionally the vessel of communication as prescribed by cultural norms. Psychic ability is not just a personal thing in this example, but a cultural one!
And lastly, considering the square to Aquarius – Scorpio: we tend to merge with the things we focus deeply upon. Therefore, if we are earnest about a question and focus upon it enough, we are quite likely to find answers. Unless we are focusing very hard upon the emotional sensation of not knowing, in which case we may continue to not know.
(Image: Julia Lillard)
P.S. Are you new here? Sign up for my mailing list to get the weekly astrology forecasts sent to your inbox!